Emory DPT 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldpt333

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m making this thread because I haven’t seen any other ones for Emory DPT for the 2020-2021 application cycle, so I figured we could start a discussion in this!

I had an interview with Emory on 11/13, but I haven’t had any updates since. I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha! I was hoping to hear back earlier this week, but hopefully we’ll hear back sometime next week. Good luck!
Thanks! Someone asked during the student panel of the interview and most of them said they heard back in 2 weeks so hopefully soon

I interviewed the same day. I reached out after thanking them for the interview. I anticipate a response in about 1-3 more weeks.

Okay that makes sense! I hope we all get some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Emory so far? I interviewed on 11/13, and I have not.

Has anyone heard from Emory so far? I interviewed on 11/13, and I have not.
I interviewed the same day and I haven't heard from them yet either! Hopefully we'll hear back sometime this week. Has anyone emailed them recently?

Check your emails! Just received my acceptance letter!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes, I never got an email from Emory about anything. :(

Nope I haven’t gotten anything at all. Did you apply early?
I did. Don’t worry! There’s a second round of interviews happening in January. When did you apply?

I did. Don’t worry! There’s a second round of interviews happening in January. When did you apply?
Pretty late, 10/29. I'll quit worrying haha, hopefully the second round comes out soon thanks!

Pretty late, 10/29. I'll quit worrying haha, hopefully the second round comes out soon thanks!
I applied early too, so don't worry! I'm sure you'll hear back soon about the interviews in January! Good luck!!

I got an email about my financial aid application being received, but I haven’t heard anything admissions-wise. Is this the same for anyone else?

Does anyone know by any chance when the deadline for the deposit is?

Is anyone deciding between schools and if so did you all ask for any amount of time or notify them of taking time to make a decision?

Anyone who applied after September 15th hear back from them yet? When I emailed them a week or two ago they said that they’re still reviewing my app but that I would hear soon,

Has anyone who was accepted on 12/2 accepted their spot in the program? I have and just wanted to see who has so far

I just paid my deposit today! Does anyone know if we have to send official transcripts even if we finished the prereqs prior to submitting our PTCAS app?

Just got an interview invitation in my email !

Reactions: 5 users
I got my interview invitation today!

Just got an interview invitation to Emory!

I just paid my deposit today! Does anyone know if we have to send official transcripts even if we finished the prereqs prior to submitting our PTCAS app?
I just paid mine today, and honestly I'm not sure. Should we email Monica about it?

Got an Emory invitation for this Friday 1/8/21! any advice from students already admitted on the interview process? I have never done a group interview and am wondering what to expect!
thanks in advance!

Got an Emory invitation for this Friday 1/8/21! any advice from students already admitted on the interview process? I have never done a group interview and am wondering what to expect!
thanks in advance!
Congrats on the invitation! My interview was all the way back in November so I can’t really recall what the questions were. However, I do remember them being straightforward even if you had to think a bit. The group interview format is something that does throw people off, including me. But as long as you come in prepared and be yourself you shouldn’t run into much trouble. One tip in these group interviews that helped me is to not panic if someone has a similar answer to you. Just acknowledge that their answer aligns with your idea and expand upon it. Other than that, best of luck!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at Emory 2/4!

I have not received an email for an interview, nor any email to inform weather accepted or not accepted. Is anyone else in the same boat by chance? It's March 22nd 2021. Applied in early October 2020.