Emory Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punkkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so for those of you going to Emory for PH, any ideas about housing?

do they have a graduate dorm or is it just straight up graduate apartments?

what are you guys doing for housing at Emory?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i live in a suburb of atlanta and i know you can find some decent apartments and studios for cheaper than living on campus. Some of my best friends who went to Emory often said they think on campus housing can be more expensive than off campus housing.

but they have graduate apartments if you really want to stay on campus..no dorms

I need something near by, w/in walking distance. I'm not bringing my car with me so thats why on campus is preferable.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh ok..then there is the graduate housing for sure. look on emorys housing website for costs, i know my friend that went to Emory said they were nice

hey- i went to emory for my undergrad but i can still tell you about housing-
so the grad apartments are on clairmont campus and it is a shuttle ride away from main campus. the apartmentrs are really nice and still relatively new (built a few years ago) ..

for off campus- you can find stuff close to main campus but 1. it may be hard to find and 2. probably really expensive
there are a lot of apartments (highland lake, gables) near clairmont campus- where you could walk to to get the shuttle, but might be a pain, especially during the winter. they are cheaper than lving on campus.

another good thing about on campus apartments is that you don't have to worry about paying bills. you get internet. ther is a nice gym, pool, tennis courts, field all there.

hey- i went to emory for my undergrad but i can still tell you about housing-
so the grad apartments are on clairmont campus and it is a shuttle ride away from main campus. the apartmentrs are really nice and still relatively new (built a few years ago) ..

for off campus- you can find stuff close to main campus but 1. it may be hard to find and 2. probably really expensive
there are a lot of apartments (highland lake, gables) near clairmont campus- where you could walk to to get the shuttle, but might be a pain, especially during the winter. they are cheaper than lving on campus.

another good thing about on campus apartments is that you don't have to worry about paying bills. you get internet. ther is a nice gym, pool, tennis courts, field all there.

awesome dude, thanks! will check it out.

another Q-- how does the whole roommate deal work out? can we put in a request for the TYPE of roommate we'd like. EX-- would like a quiet, mature roommate thats clean.

or do they just pair you up with whoever?

umm.. i am not sure about graduate housing and their system. i can tell you about the undergraduate though- you can put down preferences for what kind of person you would prefer ( i believe there is a questionnaire) and then it is just kinda up to housing to match you.. i am not sure if it is the same for graduate or not..but i know they do have one, two and three bedroom apartments for graduate studetns...

sorry- let me clarify some more.. so the questionnaire, etc is for incoming undergraduate freshmen.. after that it is an online system where you can pick your room and roommates.. or ask to be paired up wiht a random person, but you can look at people's profiles to see their interests/etc...

again- i am not sure how graduate housing works..