English Requirement for Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcpino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
. How strict is the requirement in terms of the course being labeled as an English course? For example. if I have taken multiple classes and labs that involve a writing intensive aspect, will those courses count towards that English requirement? Or does that course specifically have to be an English course? I have taken two writing courses and one fiction course. Would those be enough to fulfill the requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the course number/department? It depends on how your college categorizes the fiction and two writing courses you took. I took a fiction course that was offered through the English Literature department (i.e. ENGLIT0600) at my school so it counted. Same with writing courses, if they're listed under an english writing, english literature, etc. department you should be fine.

You can always send the syllabus to whatever programs you're looking at and they should give you an answer as well.

. How strict is the requirement in terms of the course being labeled as an English course? For example. if I have taken multiple classes and labs that involve a writing intensive aspect, will those courses count towards that English requirement? Or does that course specifically have to be an English course? I have taken two writing courses and one fiction course. Would those be enough to fulfill the requirement?
I think At least on English course is a requirement for BA or B.S.

sound like Fiction course might be counted as english, otherwise contact admissions.