PhD/PsyD EPPP - How to Prepare, Practice, & PASS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsNotMe_ItsYou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this thread can become a resource for anyone who is planning to take or retake the EPPP in the foreseeable future. To my knowledge, no such thread exists. I believe it would be beneficial to have one centralized location for future test-takers to discuss and share how to best prepare, practice, and ultimately pass the EPPP.

Helpful topics may include, but are not limited to:
  • When to start studying for the EPPP
  • Preparing to study: Gathering materials; Developing a reasonable study schedule
  • Most helpful study materials
  • Least helpful study materials
  • Recommended EPPP study apps
  • Helpful study tips (e.g., mnemonics)
  • Studying w/ a buddy: Yay or nay
  • How to approach practice tests
  • Managing test anxiety
  • Self-care
  • Things to avoid
  • Q&A about difficult concepts
  • Ways to save money
  • Other
I also hope this thread can be a place where we can motivate, support, and encourage one another throughout this process.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and let's try to keep this thread going.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't have free materials, I would contact colleagues from your program for old stuff and/or see if you can find written materials used in the wanted/for sale thread, at least you can get them discounted that way. I found Psychprep written materials to be good preparation, but some people swear by AATBS, Taylor Method, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
If someone else is paying for your study materials or you really feel like purchasing them yourself, I can say that I've been very happy with AATBS, though I'm not sure I'd purchase it if you have access to free materials and/or are paying out of pocket. I have the bronze package, so placement exam, books, audio lectures, section quizzes, and practice tests. It's rather straightforward and I feel like they have covered the basics without getting into depth you don't need. But take that with a grain of salt - I haven't taken the EPPP yet.

If you do get a package, it probably still helps to use other materials. I have access to some older exams from other programs and it's been a nice double-check to make sure my knowledge is carrying over.

I've been aiming for one section/week, with most studying on the weekends and some in the evenings. From the AATBS books I have been making my own notecards so that I actively learn the material and then listening to the related audio lecture when I'm cleaning for review, with the section review tests a few days later. I've been taking practice tests about once every two weeks. I've nearly reviewed all content (two sections left) and will then review from the notecards I made/take practice tests weekly until I feel ready. I'm aiming to take the exam before the holidays if all goes well, but haven't scheduled anything yet.

Logically: you know that I/O is going to be an area of weakness. Then there are subdivisions of the test. You’re gonna be crap at I/o unless you went to a weird program. So study that more.

Then there’s gonna be four choices. Statistically B is the the most frequent correct answer. If you can eliminate two, it’s a true false test. If there are two competing questions, one of them is clearly correct because they’re exerting effort in that direction. Generally there is one obvious bad answer. Eliminate that. Now your chances for correctly guessing the correct response is 33.33333%. Both/ none means one os correct at a 50/50 choice, but the opposite of “all” is generally a better choice. Use logic to make guesses. Some weird ass therapy that has a Japanese name? Go with answers that favor a gestalt approach.

Tl;dr: think about it as if you’re making the test.

Reactions: 3 users
I've scheduled for December 11. Using the PsychPrep written materials, the EPPP flashcard app (~$15 CAD on the app store) which I'm finding useful, and have AATBS audio files though I haven't cracked into them as that's not my favorite study method. Reading and making notes from about one section per day, and shuffling through flashcards in random order and googling the concepts in the evenings while I watch TV.

This process sucks but apparently I'm more myelinated now than when I studied for the GRE so that's a plus.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm scheduled for Wednesday, November 15. I'm feeling ill-prepared. I have failed both online practice tests offered by ASPBB. It doesn't give me a scaled score so I don't know how close I got. I used psych prep and think it's been ok. Found a free trial through Prepjet- does anyone know anything about this company?

Are Academic Review and AATBS sister companies? I was called both looking for additional information and was referred to the same person "Brandon." I spoke with him briefly re: AATBS, but he wasn't available when I called Academic Review.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just signed up for free trial of Prepjet- easy and very helpful. I skipped the diagnostic test and was able to take some well written short quizzes in areas of weakness.

I fortunately successfully passed without really purchasing anything. I borrowed study materials from other people who have passed before me. BUT I did do the $65 practice tests from Pearson (two of them) because I thought it would be the most accurate reflection of what the actual EPPP would be like. I trying to keep the EPPP simple in my mind, I thought of the EPPP studying process as needing to focus on two things:

CONTENT
  • Learn surface-level, basic, general information about each content area of the EPPP. Example: Haley –> Strategic Family Therapy, and Minuchin –> Structural Family Therapy.
  • Make sure to study the most in areas most likely to be asked about (i.e.,Ethical/Legal/Professional Issues; Assessment and Diagnosis; Treatment, Intervention, Prevention, and Supervision) and dabble in the area least likely to be asked about (i.e., Research Methods and Statistics).
  • Keep knowing what you already know, and utilize creative techniques for things you don’t know yet (e.g., mnemonics!!!)
CRITICAL THINKING
  • Think about on your own clinical experiences to answer questions. Example: assessment measures used in clinical work like Vineland when working with children with autism, etc.
  • Especially think back on clinical work when answering questions on ethics.
  • Get into practice of watching out for key words like “except”, “not” and “true” / “false”.
  • Watch out for answers that seem to stand out from the rest, especially ones with words like “must” and “always”.
General tips for both Content and Critical Thinking:

• Do as many practice questions as you can.
  • WRITE YOUR OWN TEST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!!!

I've scheduled for December 11. Using the PsychPrep written materials, the EPPP flashcard app (~$15 CAD on the app store) which I'm finding useful, and have AATBS audio files though I haven't cracked into them as that's not my favorite study method. Reading and making notes from about one section per day, and shuffling through flashcards in random order and googling the concepts in the evenings while I watch TV.

I wrote and passed today with a score of 598! :soexcited: The flashcard app ended up being too overwhelming (recall vs. recognition) so I ditched it early on. I read all the psychprep materials, did ~1 practice exam a week for 5 weeks, and spent the final two days before the exam doing rote memorization of things I consistently got wrong on practice exams. I'm working 4 days a week right now so I essentially did 3 5-hour days per week for five weeks... no evenings. I was given Psychprep and AATBS audiofiles but didn't end up using them much. The psychprep reading material + practice exams & quizzes seemed more than enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wrote and passed today with a score of 598! :soexcited: The flashcard app ended up being too overwhelming (recall vs. recognition) so I ditched it early on. I read all the psychprep materials, did ~1 practice exam a week for 5 weeks, and spent the final two days before the exam doing rote memorization of things I consistently got wrong on practice exams. I'm working 4 days a week right now so I essentially did 3 5-hour days per week for five weeks... no evenings. I was given Psychprep and AATBS audiofiles but didn't end up using them much. The psychprep reading material + practice exams & quizzes seemed more than enough.

Did you find your scores on the practice exams mapped on fairly well with your real score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you find your scores on the practice exams mapped on fairly well with your real score?

I ranged from 57% on Psychprep Exam A (without any studying) and steadily went up 2-3% on each subsequent practice exam. I only passed the last one, Exam E, with 70.5%. My scaled score on the actual EPPP was a very comfortable pass, so I think the common consensus that people tend to get 10-15% higher on the EPPP than the practice exams holds true!

I need help. I failed 2 times though I improved significantly the second time around, I just cant come up with a doable schedule. I have time during the week to study, don't want to review on weekends unless I have to. I would like to give myself 6 months, I have yet to get a good schedule I can stick too.

I need help. I failed 2 times though I improved significantly the second time around, I just cant come up with a doable schedule. I have time during the week to study, don't want to review on weekends unless I have to. I would like to give myself 6 months, I have yet to get a good schedule I can stick too.

I will offer you some help. After failing twice you NEED to study on weekends regardless of whether you would like to or not. Six months is also way too long of a study schedule. Three months of focused studying should be sufficient, others have passed successfully with less. Something I found helpful was reminding myself that my study materials (i.e., AATBS, psychprep) contained almost everything I need to know for the EPPP. Sit down, memorize the stuff, take some practice tests and move on with your life.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope this thread can become a resource for anyone who is planning to take or retake the EPPP in the foreseeable future. To my knowledge, no such thread exists. I believe it would be beneficial to have one centralized location for future test-takers to discuss and share how to best prepare, practice, and ultimately pass the EPPP.

Helpful topics may include, but are not limited to:
  • When to start studying for the EPPP
  • Preparing to study: Gathering materials; Developing a reasonable study schedule
  • Most helpful study materials
  • Least helpful study materials
  • Recommended EPPP study apps
  • Helpful study tips (e.g., mnemonics)
  • Studying w/ a buddy: Yay or nay
  • How to approach practice tests
  • Managing test anxiety
  • Self-care
  • Things to avoid
  • Q&A about difficult concepts
  • Ways to save money
  • Other
I also hope this thread can be a place where we can motivate, support, and encourage one another throughout this process.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and let's try to keep this thread going.

When to start? I personally wouldn't do it longer than 3 months out. Personally, I think 6 weeks is enough (provided you have the time to dedicate to studying). I scheduled 6 weeks out and studied intensely for maybe 3-4 of those weeks (with a day or two off per week). Longer than that and I would have made myself EVEN crazier.

Preparing to study: I would see what materials you can get from other students. Some internship/post-doc sites have the audios to study for the EPPP (I used PsychPrep's). They may also have old practice tests. I personally would refrain from buying anything. The exam is expensive enough as it is.

All I did to study was take practice tests and study the audio from Psych Prep (I took notes on all the audio cds and then studied the notes). I also read over the Ethics code 3x. I passed with a huge buffer, so I can recommend that. I can't say about other study materials as I didn't use them (including apps). The Psych Prep audios also have helpful mnemonics. Sometimes it is helpful to make your own (since it will be more meaningful for you).

Buddy: Yay! I met with a buddy to study. We didn't necessarily study together (we sat in silence and studied next to each other), but having that person to be accountable to was VERY helpful. I would highly recommend it!

Practice Tests: I would take maybe 1 or 2 practice tests initially (see where you are) and then wait until you study some more to take others. I used them more as a "gauge" of where I was at throughout the process (e.g., how close to passing). A good chunk of the exam questions will not be directly from practice tests so I would refrain from relying on them too heavily to learn the material. The exception being the Ethics questions. I thought those were EXTREMELY helpful since I found that section tricky at times.

Anxiety: I'd manage your anxiety using the principles you used in graduate school (think therapy). Also, refrain from procrastinating as this will most likely increase your anxiety.

Self-care: Take nights off during the week. I always took 1-2 nights off per week (e.g., had a long day at work and was just too exhausted to study). You want to be diligent, but you need to give yourself a break. Also, don't cancel fun events just because you're studying for the EPPP. I kept date nights with my partner and fun activities going. In other words, don't suffer unnecessarily.

Avoid: Come to the conclusion that you will not learn everything (i.e., there will be questions you don't know the answer to on the exam). Obviously, avoid procrastinating and realize that you will have to study at some point. Just doing practice tests won't be enough (IMO). Avoid NOT setting a date. AKA Set a date! That made me way more motivated and also helped me realize the end is in site. Also, avoid spending time on stuff you already known. Focus more of your time on the things you don't. Avoid relying on what people who supervised you did for the ethics questions. I've come to learn that not every psychologist is up-to-date in terms of ethics (sadly).

$: See what people have lying around and borrow from them. Avoid spending any more $ than you have to! With the exam and the fees for your state, you're already spending $1k.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do you still have the audio files? Willing to sell?

I passed the exam last week (scaled score of 700). I used old hand-me-down written materials. I would also avoid purchasing materials if you can. A few strategies I used:

1) did not use the audios included. I learn and retain information the best when I explain it so I recorded myself (using the voice memo app on my phone) explaining the material I was having the most difficulty remembering or retaining. This was very helpful when I was tired of sitting and studying- I’d listen to them while working out, going for walks, driving.

2) I made “one sheets” for each section that contained the most important information/concepts from that section. These sheets were a mix of diagrams, written notes, charts, and graphics. I found that having to summarize, organize, and consolidate the material really helped me learn it.

3) I’ve always struggled with test taking strategies so the first few practice tests I took, I made notes of my thinking/reasoning for selecting an answer each time I encountered a question I didn’t “know” the answer to right away. For all the ones I missed, I would compare my reasoning to the reasoning for the correct answer and look for patterns that led me to guess poorly or not eliminate more incorrect answers. This allowed me to find several thinking/strategy errors that I practiced remedying in subsequent practice tests.
I also used the practice tests to try out different strategies (such as quickly moving through all the questions I knew then returning to the ones I was less sure of vs answering all the questions, even the ones I was unsure of, with a “gut” response and only doing a final review of a small portion). I learned what way of taking the test led to the most consistent best outcomes for me. Overall, I took about 10 practice tests plus the PEPPPO.

4) I used videos from “Memorable Psychiatry” (on you tube) to review for the bio section, they are awesome.

I also watched some you tube videos on the dsm and ethical decision making.

I studied a bit over the course of several months because that helps me manage my anxiety better than intensely studying for a shorter period of time. Know what works for you- this is one of the keys to passing.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone!

Wondering if I could get some EPPP advice.

I have been studying for about six weeks thus far and have been using the Psychprep materials given to me by a friend. My study approach has been twofold: I’ve been going through each chapter and making copious flashcards for key terms, and then also listening to the Psychprep audio files in the car on the way to/from work to solidify the concepts. Although I don't have any chapter quizes from Psychprep, I have been taking quizes from AATBS after I finish studying/memorizing each chapter. I have to say I was surprised and a bit dismayed by the fact that after memorizing all the main key terms from the Psychprep materials, I still did fairly poorly on the AATBS chapter quizzes. There was so much random information on the AATBS quiz not covered in the psychprep materials. This made me think, well shoot, maybe Psychprep isn’t that good after all? Or, maybe I should be using both AATBS and Psychprep materials? I have study materials from both companies, but obviously this is really overwhelming, because the Psychprep and AATBS chapters can be like 100 pages long each (with tons of random, probably irrelevant facts---AATBS seems especially verbose to the point of being really annoying).

Outstanding questions:

1. Have others found Psychprep materials sufficient to pass the actual test? Is it best to stick to one system or another, Psychprep or AATBS, or use them both?

2. Have others had similar experiences where they studied Psychprep materials or AATBS, and found that a lot of the material on one did not prepare you well for quizes on another?

3. Lastly, although I have a ton of full length practice tests from various companies, I do not feel able to start taking the exams until I have sufficiently learned/memorized the materials from ALL chapters, given that these tests cover every area. Is it best to wait till after reviewing/learning all material before starting to take full length exams? It's really unfortunate they don't break them down by chapter/section.

Any other recommendations / tips would be very appreciated!

1. I had psychprep audio, psychprep written materials, and a handful of hand-me-down tests. It was plenty sufficient study material. Some folks in these forums say they do poorly on the tests or quizzes from various companies but pass the EPPP.

As far as #3 goes:
I spaced 3-4 full practice tests throughout my studying (I did one as a pretest, then studied 2-3 sections and took another, and so on until I finally just took one after reading all of the material/taking notes/audio. By that time, I was completely ready.

People use many different strategies, but your methods sound very thorough. Some folks say about 100 hours of study time is a good rule of thumb. I was over it around the 90-hour mark and passed the Eppp. Good luck!

Hello everyone!

Wondering if I could get some EPPP advice.

I have been studying for about six weeks thus far and have been using the Psychprep materials given to me by a friend. My study approach has been twofold: I’ve been going through each chapter and making copious flashcards for key terms, and then also listening to the Psychprep audio files in the car on the way to/from work to solidify the concepts. Although I don't have any chapter quizes from Psychprep, I have been taking quizes from AATBS after I finish studying/memorizing each chapter. I have to say I was surprised and a bit dismayed by the fact that after memorizing all the main key terms from the Psychprep materials, I still did fairly poorly on the AATBS chapter quizzes. There was so much random information on the AATBS quiz not covered in the psychprep materials. This made me think, well shoot, maybe Psychprep isn’t that good after all? Or, maybe I should be using both AATBS and Psychprep materials? I have study materials from both companies, but obviously this is really overwhelming, because the Psychprep and AATBS chapters can be like 100 pages long each (with tons of random, probably irrelevant facts---AATBS seems especially verbose to the point of being really annoying).

Outstanding questions:

1. Have others found Psychprep materials sufficient to pass the actual test? Is it best to stick to one system or another, Psychprep or AATBS, or use them both?

2. Have others had similar experiences where they studied Psychprep materials or AATBS, and found that a lot of the material on one did not prepare you well for quizes on another?

3. Lastly, although I have a ton of full length practice tests from various companies, I do not feel able to start taking the exams until I have sufficiently learned/memorized the materials from ALL chapters, given that these tests cover every area. Is it best to wait till after reviewing/learning all material before starting to take full length exams? It's really unfortunate they don't break them down by chapter/section.

Any other recommendations / tips would be very appreciated!

Based on my experience, PsychPrep has easier questions and their books for straightforward and more concise. I have found AATBS to be an overload of material, and their questions are somewhat harder. I'm in process of assessing which materials work best for me since I didn't pass the EPPP yet. For now I'm still using the AATBS practice exams but once I set a date to retake the exam, I'll likely add another program. The learning/cognitive psych chapter from PsychPrep is so much easier to read compared to AATBS, and I believe you can get access to it by signing up for a free trail.

Berlin, did you already take the EPPP? If so what were your impressions re which study materials / sample exams are better?

Berlin, did you already take the EPPP? If so what were your impressions re which study materials / sample exams are better?

Yes I took the EPPP before and did not pass. I'm naturally a really bad test taker so I'm taking my time to develop a plan with studying, and getting help from a personal tutor. As mentioned I think the AATBS program throws out too much material, and I think their practice questions are least similar to what's on the EPPP. To me PsychPrep has seemed better but I've also used practice questions for Academic Review. I liked AR's program in regards to it's "friendliness" (the rationales behind each question/answer was easier to understand, the online program is easier to navigate) but I think it has to do with my learning style than anything. In a nutshell, probably best to go with a program that suits you're learning style.

AATBS + Psychprep audio and tests was the combination I used.

I found Psychprep's material to not provide enough depth for me to feel confident in truly understanding the concepts. AATBS was what I spent 90% of my study time on. I listened to the Psychprep audio 2x each to reinforce it, and took ~3 Psychprep practice tests. Once I hit above 70% on practice tests I stopped taking them and scheduled my exam.

This was way too much - I did more than okay with this method.

I recently took the Practice Eppp in a testing center. I would like to know if anyone has any information on amy correlation for the score on that test and the actual eppp?

Thanks for the heads-up. Just signed up for free trial of Prepjet- easy and very helpful. I skipped the diagnostic test and was able to take some well written short quizzes in areas of weakness.
I'm scheduled for Wednesday, November 15. I'm feeling ill-prepared. I have failed both online practice tests offered by ASPBB. It doesn't give me a scaled score so I don't know how close I got. I used psych prep and think it's been ok. Found a free trial through Prepjet- does anyone know anything about this company?

I used Prepjet from November 2017 to May 2018. Scott is a great person and he helped me think differently about the exam and what to focus on. I like how it’s really easy to use. However, I recently returned back to AATBS and the questions on the exam was similar to the AAtbs materials than prepjet. Scott talks too much on the phone and wasn’t helping me address my needs. The exam questions didn’t seem to be helpful in using the test taking strategy.

I have psychprep and aatbs audio. Message me. I’ll give it to you for free.

May I ask why you extend offers to share EPPP study materials, then fail to follow through? In my case, you reached out to me, not the other way around.

I'm not trying to call you out, but in the event that other members may be expecting/anticipating your "free" materials and you ghost them, this is just a heads up to them.

These may of HELP to SUPPLEMENT materials gathered from others:

EPPP – Free Resources

This is amazing, thank you for sharing!

I'm uncertain if anyone has explored YouTube for EPPP materials, but I came across a channel (AATBS Discussions) that has several brief tutorials about the exam, approaching questions, managing test anxiety, etc. These videos are a few years old and quite dry, but they contain some useful information.

There are lots of other videos with more in-depth content, but the decision to view any of those is definitely a personal choice. I've found some of the videos break up the monotony of constantly reading.

Good luck studying... :bookworm:

May I ask why you extend offers to share EPPP study materials, then fail to follow through? In my case, you reached out to me, not the other way around.

I'm not trying to call you out, but in the event that other members may be expecting/anticipating your "free" materials and you ghost them, this is just a heads up to them.

...is two days of no response really "ghosting?" Or did the person get busy for few days and plan to get to you later?

...is two days of no response really "ghosting?" Or did the person get busy for few days and plan to get to you later?

Not at all, it has been well over a week. I imagine this person is busy, as are the majority of us, and I even said take your time. After several days of not hearing anything, I sent an email checking in on the individual, not the materials. It was odd to me that yesterday or the day before, this person went out of his/her way to offer "free" materials to someone who posted way back in March (on a thread I started), yet completely stopped corresponding with me.

Not at all, it has been well over a week. I imagine this person is busy, as are the majority of us, and I even said take your time. After several days of not hearing anything, I sent an email checking in on the individual, not the materials. It was odd to me that yesterday or the day before, this person went out of his/her way to offer "free" materials to someone who posted way back in March (on a thread I started), yet completely stopped corresponding with me.
Ah, I see. I initially thought you were the person proudvegan was offering the materials to on Monday, so that's where my confusion was.
There are bits and pieces of public interactions on here, and of course, we don't see the whole story, so it looks a bit odd when things like this happen.

I'm not in grad school yet, but I'm applying for Ph.D. counseling psych programs this fall, and I know in the future I want to be licensed. Is the EPPP something to start studying for in the last 3 months of the pre-doctoral internship?

Start studying for it whenever you want/need to take it. I didn't take mine til year 2 of post-doc, but it depends what state you are in. Barring exceptional circumstances, give yourself a few months to prep. Helps if you can time it so that isn't a particularly insane period (i.e. I arranged mine during a lull in grant/paper submissions). If you are a halfway decent test-taker (and I imagine most graduate students at legit programs are at least "okay" test-takers) and don't have severe test anxiety, this thing is really not a big deal or something to worry about in advance.

When the time comes, expect to spend some extra evenings/weekends studying for a while but that is really about it.

Thank you Ollie123!

I have another question for you and the group. What website(s) do I go to to find out how many hours of clinical practice, supervision, etc. I'd need to be a licensed psychologist in various states? I tried searchibg asppb.net, but it didn't give a breakdown by #s.

Thank you Ollie123!

I have another question for you and the group. What website(s) do I go to to find out how many hours of clinical practice, supervision, etc. I'd need to be a licensed psychologist in various states? I tried searchibg asppb.net, but it didn't give a breakdown by #s.

There used to be a list, but I think it got out of date. Best place is to pick the states you think you may end up and check with that state's licensing board info.

I was busy. I had a death in my family that was sudden and i had to fly out for two days. I didn't forget and I know that I was going to provide the materials as I have said. I am just now back into the swing of things and now responding. I came to check on SDN briefly when I was looking for someone's link and offered when I saw the post. I already responded to your e-mail and even sent you some stuff. I am just trying to figure out how to send the audio files because it is somewhat big.

There used to be a list, but I think it got out of date. Best place is to pick the states you think you may end up and check with that state's licensing board info.

Thanks WisNeuro!

Hi everyone, I took the exam yesterday, and was able to make it through (thankfully!). I studied for an estimated time of about 150-175 hours tops, with a good chunk of the studying occurring during the last week.

I didn't purchase any material, with the exception of the EPPP flash card app on the appstore. I was fortunately able to get some hand-me downs exams, even if they were old (referencing DSM-IV and WAIS-III haha).

Here is what worked for me:
  1. Studied the EPPP flash card app first (don't do the practice exams first within the app). I utilized the app's built in spaced repetition function and this helped tremendously. I studied within categories first. When studying, I read out loud when studying the flashcards to quicken the pace of learning and memory (i.e., there is some evidence to suggest that reading out loud facilitates better learning/memory).
  2. After 1) was done, I did the practice exams in the app and again, I used spaced repetition as well.
  3. After that, the final 10 or so days, I just focused on speed over accuracy for 8 of the old exam tests that I obtained. I made an excel sheet, calculated times, time per question, number of times I changed my initial choice, # of correct changes, and the # of wrong chances. Importantly, I did these exams in one sitting, without stopping/distractions. I focused on training my mental endurance/pace. I averaged 90 minutes per 200 questions.
  4. Importantly, I reviewed every item I was unsure of, including reading the explanation provided for these older exams.
  5. Interspersed throughout, I would review the EPPP flash carsd app whenever it reminded me to reexamine flashcards.
  6. For the night before, I read through the entire Ethics Code, and went through all the wrong items on the 8 exams.
I'll also add that you'll need to do more independent studying on areas like Piaget, as the flash card app did not go into too much detail here. Hopefully some of these tips help some of you guys out. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
This is amazing, thank you for sharing!

I'm uncertain if anyone has explored YouTube for EPPP materials, but I came across a channel (AATBS Discussions) that has several brief tutorials about the exam, approaching questions, managing test anxiety, etc. These videos are a few years old and quite dry, but they contain some useful information.

There are lots of other videos with more in-depth content, but the decision to view any of those is definitely a personal choice. I've found some of the videos break up the monotony of constantly reading.

Good luck studying... :bookworm:

I just found that YouTube channel, too. I felt so comforted by that really dry professor guy. I loved him. He was super calm. Contagion effect.

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in as I am gearing up to take the test on Nov 10. When I booked it in September it felt so far away...now it feels scary close. I am trying to stay calm, cool, and collected...

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in as I am gearing up to take the test on Nov 10. When I booked it in September it felt so far away...now it feels scary close. I am trying to stay calm, cool, and collected...

Yes, a lot of anxiety for folks out there about what it will be like. Just make sure you're studying regularly and knocking out some practice tests, or whatever your preferred methods are. I found that the more I studied, the more confident I felt, and eventually got to the point where my confidence (and fatigue with the material) outweighed my anxiety, which was precisely when I was scheduled to take the exam. The majority of folks pass, so try to maintain a little cautious optimism as you go!

So I scored a 75% on an AATBS practice test yesterday and just passed the PEPPPO. I've taken many practice tests from AATBS and PsychPrep, mostly scoring in the 70's over the past 2-3 weeks. I've scheduled the exam for this Friday (1/4/19). Am I in good shape? I hope I pass so that I could forever banish this test from my mind. Good luck to all who are studying and congrats to all who've passed!
You're in good shape. Check out this thread: EPPP practice test scores for those who passed

Generally high 60s is thought to be passing range. I had that + a PEPPPO pass and scored well above the passing score.

Can anyone tell me the best study program for the EPPP? I am looking to start studying for licensure if anyone is doing the same I could use the support.

Can anyone tell me the best study program for the EPPP? I am looking to start studying for licensure if anyone is doing the same I could use the support.

Mod Note: I've merged this into one of the existing EPPP study/prep threads. There are a few others that you should be able to find using the search function (e.g., EPPP practice test scores for those who passed)

Wondering how screwed I am. Planned on taking EPPP late April/early May but somebody (that would be me) didn't read the fine print when paying for the exam; I paid for the exam Dec 31st for tax reasons. Basically, the very last day I can take the exam is March 27th. I'm going for it. Last two AATBS scores were 60 and 65. Obviously I need to study more but I am currently on post-doc, although they are allowing me work only 3.5 days per week until I take the test. I also have a child, woo hoo! I'm extremely anxious about having to take this test in basically two weeks. Useful strategies, past experiences, or just general reassurance all are welcome.

Wondering how screwed I am. Planned on taking EPPP late April/early May but somebody (that would be me) didn't read the fine print when paying for the exam; I paid for the exam Dec 31st for tax reasons. Basically, the very last day I can take the exam is March 27th. I'm going for it. Last two AATBS scores were 60 and 65. Obviously I need to study more but I am currently on post-doc, although they are allowing me work only 3.5 days per week until I take the test. I also have a child, woo hoo! I'm extremely anxious about having to take this test in basically two weeks. Useful strategies, past experiences, or just general reassurance all are welcome.

I was on postdoc and had a little one too when I was studying for the EPPP. It's doable! My advice:
1. Write out a schedule for your study time these next two weeks. Make sure to block time for all of the content areas, giving a little more to those that are less familiar to you. Also make time for practice tests, review, and a few well timed breaks. Stick to the plan so there is no last-minute scramble at the end.
2. Rely on the methods that have worked best for you in the past, no matter what format of study materials you're using. For example, I write down everything because I retain information better if I physically write it down with pen and paper. That is the approach I used with my used study guides. I didn't just read them. I took copious notes.
3. Remember that all you have to do is pass.

I was on postdoc and had a little one too when I was studying for the EPPP. It's doable! My advice:
1. Write out a schedule for your study time these next two weeks. Make sure to block time for all of the content areas, giving a little more to those that are less familiar to you. Also make time for practice tests, review, and a few well timed breaks. Stick to the plan so there is no last-minute scramble at the end.
2. Rely on the methods that have worked best for you in the past, no matter what format of study materials you're using. For example, I write down everything because I retain information better if I physically write it down with pen and paper. That is the approach I used with my used study guides. I didn't just read them. I took copious notes.
3. Remember that all you have to do is pass.

Thanks so much! Yup, I'm the same way. Been writing and writing and writing, but it's the best way for me to learn the info; the audio guides are basically useless to me. I did find some really great pens though, I've been digging the .38 extra fine tip pens. I also discovered the lovely TOR pen. The thought of having to study more if I fail pretty much knocks all the wind out of my sails. I feel horrible for people next year who may be required to take two exams