ERAS: Do I have to assign my COMLEX or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oOKawaiiOo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I’m applying to mostly ACGME programs, can I just send only my USMLE transcript?

Or do I have to assign my comlex transcript to all of the programs because of the merger?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m under the impression since you’re a DO the comlex is your licensing exam. You have to put it because otherwise you have no proof of licensure to practice medicine. PDs May ignore it, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you need to have it

Reactions: 3 users
You have to. Done. There are literally 100+ threads about the exact same topic.
You've been around SDN for a long time. You should know better.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. And yes you’re right. :dead:

Reactions: 1 user
If I’m applying to mostly ACGME programs, can I just send only my USMLE transcript?

Or do I have to assign my comlex transcript to all of the programs because of the merger?

Thank you in advance!
I mean you don't have to assign, but you can't practice medicine without it. So I would think you wouldn't fare that well come rank time if you don't.

Thank you. And yes you’re right. :dead:
Why you stressing boo? Your Step is bomb, did a program give you flak about your COMLEX and now you’re worried? Because I have to imagine even old AOA programs will overlook your level 1 for that killer Step.

• Haha
My level 2 CE and PE aren't back yet. Should I wait to assign comlex?

I mean you don't have to assign, but you can't practice medicine without it. So I would think you wouldn't fare that well come rank time if you don't.

Yes, I totally agree with you. thank you!

Why you stressing boo? Your Step is bomb, did a program give you flak about your COMLEX and now you’re worried? Because I have to imagine even old AOA programs will overlook your level 1 for that killer Step.

Im always stressing, baby. haha no kidding though. I'm just scared programs would turn me down because of my Comlex 1. But thanks for hope <3
Dish out the 80 like the rest of us

I'm at 65. Should I add more? Yeah.... maybe I should :(

Yes, I totally agree with you. thank you!

Im always stressing, baby. haha no kidding though. I'm just scared programs would turn me down because of my Comlex 1. But thanks for hope <3

I'm at 65. Should I add more? Yeah.... maybe I should :(
Whoaaaa no lol.
The $80 for the comlex not #programs.

Whoaaaa no lol.
The $80 for the comlex not #programs.
1568831370639.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users