ERAS mistake - did I mess this up badly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snb2128

Reaction score
I applied for neuro a few weeks ago and got one interview call. Today, I received an email from a director at a hospital I applied to pointing out that I messed up the city in my address - I wrote '(city in Florida), CA'. The city is my hometown, and I currently live in CA. I don't know how I could have put that in instead.

I am trying to correct the mistake on my app, but it's locked. I am writing/calling to try to fix the error as soon as I can, but is this a residency ending error?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were a PD I would honestly be wondering if this is indicative of future problems with attention to detail when inputting orders

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for neuro a few weeks ago and got one interview call. Today, I received an email from a director at a hospital I applied to pointing out that I messed up the city in my address - I wrote '(city in Florida), CA'. The city is my hometown, and I currently live in CA. I don't know how I could have put that in instead.

I am trying to correct the mistake on my app, but it's locked. I am writing/calling to try to fix the error as soon as I can, but is this a residency ending error?

The only place I could see this mattering would be programs that use location filters to choose applicants but you're already in CA so it shouldn't matter. Knowing you made a mistake would require knowing the names of all the little towns of California. This might hurt you with Florida programs because there's no obvious tie to that state on your application now.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know every town in florida/california, for all I know there's a Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and Tampa in California too.

Decided to put this to the test before posting my reply:

In fact, there used to be a Miami, CA (Miami, California - Wikipedia)
Maybe Orlando, CA is a typo for Orland, CA (Orland, California - Wikipedia)
Jacksonville, CA appears to now be under a river (Jacksonville (No. 419 California Historical Landmark) - Sierra Nevada Geotourism MapGuide) so maybe you meant Jackson, CA? (Jackson, California - Wikipedia)
Not a total surprise but there is absolutely nothing close to a Tallahassee in California.
There is no Tampa, CA

Reactions: 2 users

No. I had the wrong home address when I applied. Matched top choice both medicine residency and fellowship. You’ll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you all! i've gotten some interviews and have calmed down a little

Reactions: 1 users