MD co ‘20 Residency Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question is, get drunk before or after opening the envelopes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Question is, get drunk before or after opening the envelopes?

I went to a friends match day last year. There were a significant portion of students who were heavily intoxicated (ie. wasted af).

I'm totally down for the day drinking, but I don't wanna be that bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of this is a moot issue for me since our match day got canceled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
All of this is a moot issue for me since our match day got canceled.

Gonna head into Philly and make a day of it anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't tell my school diddly squat. What your school doesn't know won't hurt you.

You're right. Screw them.

I'm taking the entire week off.

YOLO BABYYY.

I ain't scared of no goddamn virus and I ain't scared of some nerd-ass, out-of-touch admin at our school.

They got their tuition checks so they can STFU.

Shots shall be poured at Monday morning 8:01 AM.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't tell my school diddly squat. What your school doesn't know won't hurt you.

Yea I’m on a surgery subI that week. Not going in.

F’em. The world is ending, I can’t go on my honeymoon, and I’ll be damned if I spend 6am if match day making the list for some sleep deprived resident.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
It's pretty crazy how all this stuff about COVID 19 and whether our match day/graduation ceremonies are actually going to happen has made me completely forget that I will find out next week where I'm going to match.

Reactions: 3 users
I can't get over the fact that a bunch of paper pushers at the AAMC know if I matched and they have to keep us in the dark for weeks on end.

Reactions: 12 users
Trump just banned travel from Europe to the US.

• Wow
No....

Looks like it's a 30-day ban, US citizens exempt, fyi.
Doesn't look like US citizens are exempt, but "certain exemptions made for certain Americans "who have undergone appropriate screenings." which is very vague and unreliable

Reactions: 1 user
Oh so the NBA gets the season off but I still have to work? For shame...

"To keep new cases from entering our shores." I mean I know he's an idiot, but I still gawk at the stupidity of that rationale.

• Haha
WAIT WHAT THE FDJKFJ
...Does this mean I can't take my direct flight to Iceland that has only had isolated cases?
It’s effective for 30 days right now. So, we shall see. The UK is excluded though

"To keep new cases from entering our shores." I mean I know he's an idiot, but I still gawk at the stupidity of that rationale.
He literally tweeted the other day that we need a wall to stop the spread..... soo... :eyebrow:

No....

Looks like it's a 30-day ban, US citizens exempt, fyi.
“Trump said there will be certain exemptions made for certain Americans "who have undergone appropriate screenings."“

which is vague and guarantees nothing.

although i said match day being canceled is fine, do feel for parents who are going to miss it (their health is more important albeit)

“Trump said there will be certain exemptions made for certain Americans "who have undergone appropriate screenings."“

which is vague and guarantees nothing.
This is the god damn problem.
I can’t find any actual information on what the travel ban entails other than some exemptions. Does this mean that if I don’t have a fever and cough I’m good?
If my flight was routed through London (like one option I had) would all this not matter?

And honestly it seems too late. If he would have banned travel when this thing started I wouldn’t have bucked, but we have many more cases than my location of choice, I’ve got cases in my literal town.
*throws hands up*

This is the god damn problem.
I can’t find any actual information on what the travel ban entails other than some exemptions. Does this mean that if I don’t have a fever and cough I’m good?
If my flight was routed through London (like one option I had) would all this not matter?

And honestly it seems too late. If he would have banned travel when this thing started I wouldn’t have bucked, but we have many more cases than my location of choice, I’ve got cases in my literal town.
*throws hands up*
It has since been clarified. It applies to foreign nationals.

Because you want to stop the spread.... Not sure why Britain is exempt. Seems kinda foolish

Probably because it’s not part of the Schengen Area, which allows free, undocumented travel in most of Europe. And Italy is the epicenter. So there’s no way to show you haven’t been there if you’ve been within the Schengen Area.

Anyone else struggling to meet the basic requirements of rotations. Like I know I’m doing a bad job but I can’t get motivated at all. I don’t want to be in the hospital.

• Love
It has since been clarified. It applies to foreign nationals.
And all US citizens will be rerouted through 1 of 13 airports and require a 2 week quarantine upon return. im working on cancelling everything. Yay.

• Sad
And all US citizens will be rerouted through 1 of 13 airports and require a 2 week quarantine upon return. im working on cancelling everything. Yay.
We have a European cruise scheduled which im not cancelling in the hopes that they do... otherwise we dont get a refund, only a credit.

Im so disappointed. This was supposed to be the best part of med school and we lost everything.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else struggling to meet the basic requirements of rotations. Like I know I’m doing a bad job but I can’t get motivated at all. I don’t want to be in the hospital.
Yes but I feel like my preceptors also know the deal because they remember their last year of med school lol. I also scheduled pretty chill electives towards the end. I had no idea I would get senioritis all over again. Just need 2 more passes to meet graduation requirements lol

We have a European cruise scheduled which im not cancelling in the hopes that they do... otherwise we dont get a refund, only a credit.

Im so disappointed. This was supposed to be the best part of med school and we lost everything.
I hope it works out for you. If it was just me I wouldn't care, I'm done with rotations and could take a quarantine. But this was a trip of lifetime with my parents (who have never been to anywhere in Europe). They have to work and couldn't take the 2 week quarantine.

• Sad
I hope it works out for you. If it was just me I wouldn't care, I'm done with rotations and could take a quarantine. But this was a trip of lifetime with my parents (who have never been to anywhere in Europe). They have to work and couldn't take the 2 week quarantine.
Im still being forced to do my EM sub-i in April. So im sure that’ll end splendidly given how the rest of this year has gone.

Yes but I feel like my preceptors also know the deal because they remember their last year of med school lol. I also scheduled pretty chill electives towards the end. I had no idea I would get senioritis all over again. Just need 2 more passes to meet graduation requirements lol

lol the doc I’m working with won’t even think about giving me time off because “when I was in med school instead of taking my Vacation time I did 3 extra rotations because I wanted to learn!”

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 14 users
lol the doc I’m working with won’t even think about giving me time off because “when I was in med school instead of taking my Vacation time I did 3 extra rotations because I wanted to learn!”
You should be like, "ok Boomer".

Reactions: 10 users

I want to hate these people but they’re basically martians. They don’t understand how us earthlings think.

• Haha
“Yeah I guess I wouldn’t need a vacation if I could go on 3 interviews and get into any specialty I want with a 200 on Step 1”

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

I wonder how many divorces the guy/gal has gone through.

Reactions: 4 users
Travel ban within the US, coming up next. I have no words to express the disappointment of this situation. I have 6+ weeks vacation that I'm going to have to throw.

In the ED right now and my mental EMR is as follows:
Sick/feeling bad: admit
Not Sick/feeling good: go home

It's an HPI/ROS/PE/A&P all in one!

My attending keeps asking me questions that I can’t answer. And he’s like you’re gonna need to know this in a month and a half....
I’m like that’s a future me problem

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
I’m just over here watching the COVID-19 updates and if the country goes on lockdown and I lose my Iceland trip after changing from Italy I’m gonna be pisssssed

I feel you. Everything is moving so fast. My celebration trip was disneyworld but that just got cancelled. I just finished reassuring my partner that Disney doesn’t close for nothing lol

• Wow