EU dentist -where can I practice outside the EU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alice.tm

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm a 4th year dentistry student (in Europe).
Can somebody tell me where can you practice dentistry outside the Europe ,after graduation
-I'm interested about United States.
-I ve read online that the only way to practice dentistry in US is to complete an international dental program there.
-is this applying all over the United States?
-what if I complete an postgraduate program in UK (eg) ,then it would be recognised in the US?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You can't practice in the US without doing an IDP program or residency, usually a 2 year thing. You can check every state requirements, but they are pretty much the same.
Didn't quite get you last question, but will try to guess. Postgraduate program will be recognized , but will not give you a right to practice dentistry
If you just want the cheapest and fastest route and you are from the UK - try Canada. Their Equivalency Process allows to become licensed without additional education. It is not the easiest, but worth a try, considering that US programs costing close to a quarter million dollars and if you are not a resident you wouldn't qualify for the student loan