This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr.Bean-MD

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm having some trouble understanding the application process of a school I'm applying to (the Medical University of Warsaw) and I was hoping someone could help me out. The application asks for me to fill out a detailed transcript of my pre-med courses (on top of submitting an official transcript from my old school) but I am unsure of what to put in the "Total Credit Hours" and "Credit/ECTS" columns as these could mean different things.

For instance, my old university calculated everything in terms of credit hours wherein one class could be worth anywhere from 1 - 4 credit hours for a total of 120 credit hours being required to earn a Bachelor's degree.

Here however, MUW states that a degree is calculated based on 1200 hours of study but I have also seen them state that the medical program is something like 5000 hours.

Also, I have no idea what to do for ECTS as I attended an American university previously.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm looking at, maybe that will better explain what I mean.


Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • jFXZGOZ.png
    jFXZGOZ.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 133
Hey, i attend WUM, and i know what your talking about. For that section you literally just have to put the amount of physical hours you had of that class, so if you had that class 3 times a week for an hour for 10 weeks, you put 30 hrs or w/e.