This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed8888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eligibility document disappeared today (my eligibility would have lasted a number of months still). This does not have a bearing on pass/fail anymore from my understanding but DOES say scores are coming back this next week.

Anyone else expecting? How are you feeling?

Members don't see this ad.

mine disappeared, too. are you sure its not a sign of pass or fail? haven't seen it confirmed anywhere before but was wanting to check if you had a source

Mine also disappeared. Haven't found anything that truly confirms or denies about the permit disappearing meaning pass.

Protip: Do not look up threads about people failing. They will skyrocket your anxiety.

Reactions: 1 users
I personally contacted the USMLE a week ago and they said there is no relationship to pass/fail. I think there used to be a glitch from what I read in past threads, but now it just means the scores are done and they will be posted that Wed.

I did make the mistake of looking at other threads - Its getting more and more brutal day by day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine disappeared the day after i took the exam few months before the end of the year eligibility .. So my experience it's not related to anything , pass/fail or score reporting .

How are you feeling about the exam, what was your experience'?

Aw, thank you bud! :)

Mine also disappeared. Haven't found anything that truly confirms or denies about the permit disappearing meaning pass.

Protip: Do not look up threads about people failing. They will skyrocket your anxiety.

Mine disappeared the day after i took the exam few months before the end of the year eligibility .. So my experience it's not related to anything , pass/fail or score reporting .

I mean... I'm feeling pretty nervous, but judging from your posts here, I'm not alone. Definitely wasn't perfect, but I'm hoping it all turns out okay.

Last edited:
How did the two word thing happen? And yeah, it's easy to tell I'm concerned from my posts.. these next days are going to be hell and no one who passed the test answers my posts lol..

I mean... I'm feeling pretty nervous, but judging from your posts here, I'm not alone. I'm most worried that my physical exams were anything, but thorough and I typed only 2 words for my first patient's physical exam write-up. I also didn't finish a couple others completely. Definitely wasn't perfect, but I'm hoping it all turns out okay.

Honestly my experience was a blur .. I felt my notes were lacking , my PE were rushed . only positive is i felt the SD encounters went well as far as patient doctor relationship goes . I did mine in Philadelphia and word on the street it's one of the hardest centers for some reason .

I posted a thread recently with my experience, what do you all think about it? I usually have pretty good composure, but this wait makes me metaphorically sweat blood.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Step 1 and Step 2 CK I received an email the day of on 5:30am and 6:30am saying the score report was available. Did anyone get this yet?

Congrats! I didn't yet. Honestly I don't know what's worse: to fail this exam now or to have to wait yet another week.

I haven't gotten anything yet either. If our permit disappeared, we're definitely getting it this week.

Just hang in there. Its the worst wait but it should arrive by the end of the day. Check oasis because sometimes the email is delayed. Needless to say if i passed you guys will be fine. I was SURE I failed. Turns out i passed comfortably above borderline in everything

Just hang in there. Its the worst wait but it should arrive by the end of the day. Check oasis because sometimes the email is delayed. Needless to say if i passed you guys will be fine. I was SURE I failed. Turns out i passed comfortably above borderline in everything

Thanks Applesauce321! And congratulations!

Took mine on 11/23, really hoping for results today too. Where would we see the permit if it hasn't disappeared yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am in a state of utter panic right now. I even wrote my experiences in a thread and hardly anyone answered me to reassure me that it looks promising. This sucks bad.

I don't think you should read anything in to very few people responding. It was a really long post good luck, I think you will be fine.

It would be a button that says "print permit" right between the registration: complete and full details lines.

Took mine on 11/23, really hoping for results today too. Where would we see the permit if it hasn't disappeared yet?

12/27 in Houston and passed as well. Did great on CIS, even got an *. ICE was more average, but who cares at this point lol. A pass is a pass regardless of how you get it!

I passed! Screw this exam though, it really needs to be axed. The number needed to harm with the anxiety has to be much lower than the number needed to test to find one failure. It also seems really inconsistent about who fails and potentially ruin their chances at residency despite all the other hurdles.

Did your permit disappear?

Permit is still there for me. Based on the prior thread, looks like we're waiting another week.

Doesn't help my anxiety that one of my programs emailed me today saying they're working on the rank list and don't see my score!

Permit is still there for me. Based on the prior thread, looks like we're waiting another week.

Doesn't help my anxiety that one of my programs emailed me today saying they're working on the rank list and don't see my score!

What specialty are you applying to?

I did! I took it 12/21 in Chi-town and I passed! Been stupidly worried about this.

Congrats Lilkangaroo, pretty jealous of all of the above. I took mine a solid month earlier but didn't get my score yet so for anyone else who's wondering it apparently doesn't totally work by date.

I've been getting these too and know that it's probably fine but still, definitely makes it worse. be comforted in the fact that you aren't alone though!

Reactions: 1 users
PASSED!! Took it Dec 3 in TX. Initially felt confident when I finished the exam--felt as though I missed minor things. And then I went to SDN and immersed myself in STEP 2 CS panic threads. After only reading about 2, I was completely panicked--was I empathetic enough? Did i write the correct differentials. Granted the threads were enlightening, I had borderline CIS performance, which was always emphasized on SDN threads and not really talked about in First Aid. So, advice to students besides reading First Aid is to make sure empathy is covered. Because I was straight out of my EM rotation, empathy wasn't in my mind--it was what do you have, what we will do,BOOM! Goodluck to everyone!