This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone getting accepted. It’s May now and I still haven’t heard back yet. Still trying to remain hopeful even though it’s getting kind of hard
Don't give up hope yet, as you can see these people are VERY unorganized!

Members don't see this ad.

I registered through my iRattler portal through the welcome email that was sent
about Orientation. There were three different days that showed up.

I thought that was just for undergrad orientation. In the acceptance letter it gave us the dates of the mandatory orientation for the pharmacy program.

I didn't get an email either, but I don't have a famu email account.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought that was just for undergrad orientation. In the acceptance letter it gave us the dates of the mandatory orientation for the pharmacy program.
I agree, the acceptance letter listed mandatory orientation August 20-24.

I was having trouble registering for orientation as well and called and they said since we are going to the pharmacy school we did not need to attend the new student orientation only the pharmacy one in Aug.

YEAH, I'm not seeing any of this... these mofo's are getting on my nerves lol
I followed the link to make the $150 payment but nothing is showing so I called undergraduate admissions and they said that Student Services hasn't sent them an updated form for accepted candidates yet... so I called them, got the run around, and they took my number to "call me back" which I've heard before and never got a call back.

What "welcome email" by the way? Are you an existing FAMU student with an existing iRattler email?
No I actually didn’t get my acceptance to undergrad until now bc they didn’t approve it until I was told a list of those accepted into the pharmacy program was being sent over. I was told different answers from so many people!! Lol I sent a money order to the office of the controller last month bc I couldn’t access it and undergrad admissions told me to do so. Especially since I’m the acknowledgement letter it says the payment has to be “in two weeks after receipt of the acknowledgment form” like WHAT!?? This all confusing to me!

No I actually didn’t get my acceptance to undergrad until now bc they didn’t approve it until I was told a list of those accepted into the pharmacy program was being sent over. I was told different answers from so many people!! Lol I sent a money order to the office of the controller last month bc I couldn’t access it and undergrad admissions told me to do so. Especially since I’m out acknowledgement letter it says the payment has to be “in two weeks after receipt of the acknowledgment form” like WHAT!?? This all confusing to me!

Also, the welcome email is for undergrad and is a general acceptance but shows steps needed and it says to regeister for orientation. There was a link in the email and at first I couldn’t register but then someone at orientation fixed it and told me to register.

I was having trouble registering for orientation as well and called and they said since we are going to the pharmacy school we did not need to attend the new student orientation only the pharmacy one in Aug.
Well that’s what I saw too. I was definitely confused and got different answers. But I thought for sure the orientation was sometime August 20-24 like our letter said. This is confusing. I’ll just wait it out then. Maybe I didn’t need to register.. oh well I won’t go lol.

I really wish I knew more details about our orientation and what we need to bring or have before that date. Hopefully the acceptance packet will show some details. Smh.

Hello, I'm totally late! I've gotten accepted into the main campus, but was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate. Preferably a female. Thanks!

Has anybody else recently gotten an acceptance email??

Alright so I have paid the deposit online, the deadline for the deposit is June 1st. If anyone needs help paying for it online, I can help guide you. :) I haven’t signed up for orientation yet, but will update the thread soon as to how that goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a letter or email for the background check yet?

Has anyone received a letter or email for the background check yet?
I haven’t. I actually spoke to someone at the College of Pharmacy yesterday, and they said to give them another 1-2 weeks to get out the acceptance packets with information on orientation and the background check.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey you guys, I just spoke with someone from the college of pharmacy and they told me to just show up on the day of orientation at the college of pharmacy and not to make a reservation online as it isn’t necessary. The reservation is for an orientation of the university in general, but as P1’s you just show up to the college. Also, I was told there isn’t any fee you have to pay. If anyone has any other info to share on the matter, please share it on the thread. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey you guys, I just spoke with someone from the college of pharmacy and they told me to just show up on the day of orientation at the college of pharmacy and not to make a reservation online as it isn’t necessary. The reservation is for an orientation of the university in general, but as P1’s you just show up to the college. Also, I was told there isn’t any fee you have to pay. If anyone has any other info to share on the matter, please share it on the thread. :)
Hey Manny,
Did they still say the dates are August 20-24? I’m also hoping we will receive our packets soon with all of the information and where to go specifically for orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Manny,
Did they still say the dates are August 20-24? I’m also hoping we will receive our packets soon with all of the information and where to go specifically for orientation.

The gentleman I spoke to didn’t specify the dates, he said to show up on whatever dates were available online, so I want to go the 21st of August. Although I hope that information is also included in the packet.

The gentleman I spoke to didn’t specify the dates, he said to show up on whatever dates were available online, so I want to go the 21st of August. Although I hope that information is also included in the packet.
Okay, thanks for the info.

Wait... so I paid $150 for nothing? But It said it would be applied to your tuition... anyway. Still awaiting the acceptance packet as well. I didn’t think the orientation was one day... I have a friend who attended last year and he said it was all week!

Hey everyone. Has anybody heard if the pharmacy department has sent out information packets?

Hello, I'm totally late! I've gotten accepted into the main campus, but was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate. Preferably a female. Thanks!
Hey I’m totally late as well.I’ve gotten accepted as well and was looking for a roommate.If you haven’t found a roommate as yet i’d be interested.

Hey everyone. Has anybody heard if the pharmacy department has sent out information packets?
Hey, I called probably about 3 weeks ago now and someone told me to be patient, as they were still doing interviews. I definitely thought they would’ve been over since then. Someone from the COP also told me they were going to be sent out in another 2 weeks.. but nothing yet!

Hey, I called probably about 3 weeks ago now and someone told me to be patient, as they were still doing interviews. I definitely thought they would’ve been over since then. Someone from the COP also told me they were going to be sent out in another 2 weeks.. but nothing yet!
Lol okay thanks!

Hi guys, I was accepted into the Crestview Campus, and I am currently looking for a place for me and my sister. I looked around yesterday but they were expensive. Any suggestion? thanks......

All I can tell you is this is typical famu haha. Hopefully we hear something in July
Haha! Yes, my family members and friends who attended famu said the same thing! They said I’d have to get used to it lol!

Haha! Yes, my family members and friends who attended famu said the same thing! They said I’d have to get used to it lol!
Yeah you definitely will. I went through all of this before as an undergrad there haha.

If anyone is looking for a roommate, I am housing in Gibbs hall. I’ve already been told that the showers are gross and you share the same room with someone which can be a pain. So, if anyone is housing on campus, especially Gibbs hall, lemme know. :)

Hey everyone! I’m super late finding this I wish I would have sooner, it is super helpful! I have been accepted to the main campus and I am still waiting to get the acceptance package in the mail as well. Everytime I call over there they say itll probably be 1-2 weeks but that’s been going on for a while. I’m just curious as to why thy would have orientation so late, like right before classes start.

Hey y’all, I’m a P2 over at the crestview campus & im looking for a roommate. It’s expensive af to live by yourself over here lmao

Hey everyone!! Check your emails as soon as you can. The pharmacy department sent emails today that contain pertinent information regarding orientation and other important info! :)

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to the Crestview location for Class of 2022. I was wondering if anyone is aware of housing options in that area.

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to the Crestview location for Class of 2022. I was wondering if anyone is aware of housing options in that area.
Me too was accepted over there in Crestview. I went over there two weeks ago to look for an apartment and was surprised how expensive there were. One bedroom: between $ 850-to $950. Still searching

Hey y’all, I’m a P2 over at the crestview campus & im looking for a roommate. It’s expensive af to live by yourself over here lmao
have you found anyone ? My sister and I are looking too. Let me know

Did anyone start a Facebook group for people accepted to Crestview or the main campus?

It might be helpful in finding roommates and such.

Did anyone start a Facebook group for people accepted to Crestview or the main campus?

It might be helpful in finding roommates and such.
No facebook group yet. Have you been there before ?

Has anyone received the school verification form yet from applying to be an intern?

Is it just me or does anyone else not see where we are supposed to include our file number and name on the verification form?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180714-003330_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20180714-003330_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 64
Is it just me or does anyone else not see where we are supposed to include our file number and name on the verification form?
Same here! I just emailed Mrs. Jefferson about this. I’m currently waiting for her to respond. I will let you know if I find out anything!