fee waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get a letter; just an e-mail

Members don't see this ad.

If you call the main number (301-968-4190), and press 4 for fee waiver information, it says "we currently have no fee waivers available for the current application cycle". I hadn't heard back yet so I went ahead and submitted and maybe I'll get a waiver for my secondaries

I dunno, if I believe that automated message; I was bummed out because I thought I missed out on the waiver because they were all taken when I heard that message, so I went ahead and submitted my apps and paid and everything, Like a week late, I get the e-mail that I got the waiver, (maybe I was processed before they set up the message?) but I doubt it.

I dunno, if I believe that automated message

When did you send your application? I sent mine the week before June 1st and still haven't heard back from them. I called the office one day to check if they'd received my documents and the lady told me there was no way she could tell me that.... i was like uhhhh how am i supposed to know if I need to resend my packet or not? it was just kinda weird. I'm worried about it. I hope you're right about the automated message being wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you send your application? I sent mine the week before June 1st and still haven't heard back from them. I called the office one day to check if they'd received my documents and the lady told me there was no way she could tell me that.... i was like uhhhh how am i supposed to know if I need to resend my packet or not? it was just kinda weird. I'm worried about it. I hope you're right about the automated message being wrong...

mailed it in, like may 20th or something around there

I sent mine June 1st and still haven't heard. I also called and heard the message that there aren't any more waivers. How can we find out if they will give us one for our supplemental applications? I really need it for those ... I was actually waiting to submit my application until I heard back about the fee waiver. I even sent in the self-addressed and stamped envelope. Has anyone had any luck actually talking to someone at AACOMAS?

I sent mine June 1st and still haven't heard. I also called and heard the message that there aren't any more waivers. How can we find out if they will give us one for our supplemental applications? I really need it for those ... I was actually waiting to submit my application until I heard back about the fee waiver. I even sent in the self-addressed and stamped envelope. Has anyone had any luck actually talking to someone at AACOMAS?

AACOMAS does not waive the supplemental fees, the individual schools do based on whether or not you qualify. I was waiting to hear back about the fee waiver, then called and heard the same recording, and went ahead and submitted my application. It's the supplemental fees I wanted waived anyways. I submitted my fee waiver around the same time and still haven't heard anything back. I called last week and couldn't get much information out of them besides the fact that on 6/17 they were processing applications recieved June 3rd. Even if you submit your application before getting the waiver, the schools will still be sent information on if you qualified for fee assistance.

AACOMAS does not waive the supplemental fees, the individual schools do based on whether or not you qualify. I was waiting to hear back about the fee waiver, then called and heard the same recording, and went ahead and submitted my application. It's the supplemental fees I wanted waived anyways. I submitted my fee waiver around the same time and still haven't heard anything back. I called last week and couldn't get much information out of them besides the fact that on 6/17 they were processing applications recieved June 3rd. Even if you submit your application before getting the waiver, the schools will still be sent information on if you qualified for fee assistance.

So do you have to fill out a fee waiver application for each school on their own website?

So do you have to fill out a fee waiver application for each school on their own website?

No I doubt it. I don't know for sure but what I got from reading all the instructions was you submit a fee application and if you qualify then you can get three schools on your primary paid for. Then they send that you qualified to the schools you're applying to, and those schools will waive their own supplemental. Some of the schools don't waive their supplemental fees and some do.

If you have already submitted your application, but still qualify for the waiver, then they will let the schools know that you applied to and whether that school waives the fee or not depends on the school. I think you just miss the chance to get three schools paid for on your primary.

If approved for the fee waiver, you can have your secondary fees waived at all schools except LECOM, LECOM-B, NSU-COM, WVSOM, and WCU-COM. If you are eligible for a fee wavier but are not granted one because they have been exhausted for the current cycle, your information is still forwarded so that your secondary fees can be waived. For me, at least, it seems like a minimal amount of effort to forward the SAR in exchange for the reduction in fees. What do you have to lose other than the cost of mailing the SAR?

This person answered that well. And they included the schools that don't waive your supplemental fee.

Thanks, Infinity6.

Another question:

I already sent in a lot of secondaries (and paid for them), and will be sending in 3 more in the next few days. Does anyone know if I can get these secondary fees refunded if I qualify for the few waivers in the next few weeks?

Thanks, Infinity6.

Another question:

I already sent in a lot of secondaries (and paid for them). Does anyone know if we can get our secondary fees refunded if we qualify for the few waivers in the next few weeks?

I would think you have to contact each school directly but I don't think they would refund you, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I was reading the instructions on the AACOMAS application book and it said to include a letter saying why you should get the waiver. I did not do this. On the website, it said simply to include the signed SAR, and that is all I did. It has been nearly a month and I haven't heard anything. Just wondering if others sent in a letter or not. I am basically waiting to hear back before I submit. If I don't get approved, I can't apply to as many schools because I can't afford all the secondary applications.

I was reading the instructions on the AACOMAS application book and it said to include a letter saying why you should get the waiver. I did not do this. On the website, it said simply to include the signed SAR, and that is all I did. It has been nearly a month and I haven't heard anything. Just wondering if others sent in a letter or not. I am basically waiting to hear back before I submit. If I don't get approved, I can't apply to as many schools because I can't afford all the secondary applications.

I didn't send in a letter and I was approved right away.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by "right away?" And how did you hear?

I think I was one of the first people here to be approved. I posted this earlier in this thread, but I mailed in the app the first week of May and received the approval letter dated May 10th on May 14th.

I didn't send in a letter, just my signed sar and sase.

I applied for a fee waiver for last year's cycle, but I sent in my info too late, so by that time, "funds were exhausted" even though I qualified. I contacted all the schools I wanted to send secondaries to and most of them waived the fee--I sent in a copy of the email also. The ones that did not accept that were the LECOMs, NSU-COM and Touro-CA. Touro-NY was sketchy...they gave me a hard time about it and so I just decided to not send in a secondary there ($200?! riiight).

Soo...contact the schools you want to apply to directly, even if some of them get that fee waiver list.

I got a fee waiver, mailed it in around middle of May I think, heard about ...ehhh.. second week in June? I did not send in an envelope; when I called them and asked them if not sending in an envelope would hurt me, the lady on the phone said, "Hahaha, we have envelopes, no worries."

Also, I do not think anything is retroactive, so if you already paid for your AACOMAS or supplemental, you will not get the money back.

I just want to fast-forward one year and have this process be over with :(

Good luck to all!

I applied for a fee waiver for last year's cycle, but I sent in my info too late, so by that time, "funds were exhausted" even though I qualified. I contacted all the schools I wanted to send secondaries to and most of them waived the fee--I sent in a copy of the email also. The ones that did not accept that were the LECOMs, NSU-COM and Touro-CA. Touro-NY was sketchy...they gave me a hard time about it and so I just decided to not send in a secondary there ($200?! riiight).

Soo...contact the schools you want to apply to directly, even if some of them get that fee waiver list.

I knew the LECOMs and NSU didn't accept it, but according to this years CIB the Touros should. I hope they stick to that. I applied to Touro NV, and can't afford the fee right now.

So far I've had secondaries from LMU and AZCOM. I mailed a copy of my letter with the LMU secondary, and I emailed a scanned copy to AZCOM and they waived the fee within minutes of receiving it. I am very impressed with them so far. I've talked to the admissions office a few times today, and they were really helpful and nice about the fee waiver.

They did tell me that AACOMAS wasn't forwarding a list of those eligible for the fee waiver, so be prepared to get that info there yourself.

I knew the LECOMs and NSU didn't accept it, but according to this years CIB the Touros should. I hope they stick to that. I applied to Touro NV, and can't afford the fee right now.

So far I've had secondaries from LMU and AZCOM. I mailed a copy of my letter with the LMU secondary, and I emailed a scanned copy to AZCOM and they waived the fee within minutes of receiving it. I am very impressed with them so far. I've talked to the admissions office a few times today, and they were really helpful and nice about the fee waiver.

They did tell me that AACOMAS wasn't forwarding a list of those eligible for the fee waiver, so be prepared to get that info there yourself.

So it's officially been a month since I mailed my fee waiver request and I haven't even heard anything ... if I call, will they tell me anything, like if they even received my request?

I got approved! To those who called and heard the message saying that all the fee waivers had been granted, if you applied before that, don't lose hope. I sent mine in the first week of June and I got an email today that I'm approved.

So, as far as getting waived for secondaries, how do we do that? I just have this email showing I have the waiver ...

So, as far as getting waived for secondaries, how do we do that? I just have this email showing I have the waiver ...

I mailed a copy of my letter with my LMU secondary, but had to scan & email a copy to AZCOM for them to apply the waiver. DMU had a box to check, but it didn't ask for documentation. I'm wondering if I should send them a copy or if they get that info directly from AACOMAS. AZCOM told me they didn't.

I'm guessing it varies with each school.

I mailed a copy of my letter with my LMU secondary, but had to scan & email a copy to AZCOM for them to apply the waiver. DMU had a box to check, but it didn't ask for documentation. I'm wondering if I should send them a copy or if they get that info directly from AACOMAS. AZCOM told me they didn't.

Good to know, thanks seap3.

:thumbup:

I got approved! To those who called and heard the message saying that all the fee waivers had been granted, if you applied before that, don't lose hope. I sent mine in the first week of June and I got an email today that I'm approved.

It's funny that it's so varied... I never got an email saying they received my stuff OR that I was approved, but did receive a letter in the mail from them, saying I was approved.

Lol, man I wish AACOMAS would just stay uniform! :laugh:

Did you get an email before you got the mailed letter? I only got an email and it isn't even addressed to me by name. I'd at least like to submit something a little more official.

Did you get an email before you got the mailed letter? I only got an email and it isn't even addressed to me by name. I'd at least like to submit something a little more official.

No, I never got an email.

You might be ok with that email even though it doesn't have your name if it shows your email address that was used on your app and the email address of aacomas. But it's probably best to check with the schools.

No, I never got an email.

You might be ok with that email even though it doesn't have your name if it shows your email address that was used on your app and the email address of aacomas. But it's probably best to check with the schools.

I don't know why they ask for an envelope and postage if they're just going to email me. Yeah, I'll just have to check with the schools when it comes time.

Last edited:
After hearing the voice recording that funding was exhausted as well, I still sent in my documents (~7/1) and was awarded FAP. Do not let that discourage you from applying.

I was awarded a fee waiver and then accepted off a wait list. So they will now award that fee waiver to someone else. Always worth applying, especially for the benefits of waived secondary fees.

How are you guys going about getting your secondary fees waived? For Western, I am mailing it in with the Signature Page. But for the other schools that don't require any supporting documents, do you just mail a copy of the AACOMAS fee waiver? Should I email the schools to let them know its coming?

How are you guys going about getting your secondary fees waived? For Western, I am mailing it in with the Signature Page. But for the other schools that don't require any supporting documents, do you just mail a copy of the AACOMAS fee waiver? Should I email the schools to let them know its coming?

I mailed it with my LMU secondary, and I just emailed a scanned copy to all the other schools with online secondaries.

each school does it differently, you just have to call them up and ask, the only school i've had a problem with thus far is pikeville, but they're working on it.

kcom was the easiest, followed my CCOM and AZCOM

each school does it differently, you just have to call them up and ask, the only school i've had a problem with thus far is pikeville, but they're working on it.

kcom was the easiest, followed my CCOM and AZCOM

Hey can you PM me once you find out what to do with Pikeville?? I have called numerous times and emailed them twice; I have yet to hear anything! So if you get any new information, that would be great!