Feeling extremely stressed out, any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My MCAT is scheduled for July 22...but I don't feel ready at all. At the beginning of my studying, I was doing practice problems and content, but doing practice problems at the same time caused me slow my pace in terms of reviewing content. So I switched to content review, and here I am a little more than two weeks before my exam and I haven't even finished content. I finished school in May, and recently started a new job.

I'm extremely stressed out. I planned to apply DO and MD schools (even though I wasn't really sure if I had a shot at MD, cGPA 3.71 and sGPA of 3.6).

I've been contemplating switching my exam date to August 5th - it would allow me more time for practice questions and exams. On the other hand, I'm deathly afraid of it postponing my application so late that I wouldn't even get looked at by DO or MD schools.

Any advice would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

It is not possible to be 100% ready for the exam. Heck, I took my MCAT knowing that some stuff I didn't know so well. Do practice tests as much as possible and gauge your progress from there.