filler classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi,
I am trying to plan out my schedule for next year (I'll be a senior then) and I have very few required classes left (about 9 credits/semester). What are some additional classes I should take to prepare me for dental school and fill my schedule.

Thanks

Bickle

future NYC taxi driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accounting might help.

Aaronpsr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could think about taking Medical Terminology or Medical Ethics if they are offered....?

3rdMolarRoller

User Account Deleted
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take an advanced standing anatomy course...its a killer here :wow:

that should put you one step ahead of the game :thumbup:

W

Woodsy

if you want to raise your GPA take geography.

I love it so much and did so well they made me a TA.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Conversational Spanish.

Dr.SpongeBobDDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you really want to get headstart on DS1, I'd take one or more of the following: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology.

If you want stuff that will be practical career-wise: Spanish, Business, Accounting

If you're like I was and just want to enjoy senior year: Piano, Guitar, Painting, Soccer, Photography, Sculpture.

Senior year for me was basically just nine solid months of state-funded leisure. I highly recommend that route. :)

Zurich5

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Zurich5 was a big fan of Personal Health, Mens Health, The Nature of Cancer, advanced golf and Racquetball while in his undergrad days. You can never go wrong with a PE course.

larryt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zurich5
Zurich5 was a big fan of Personal Health, Mens Health, The Nature of Cancer, advanced golf and Racquetball while in his undergrad days. You can never go wrong with a PE course.

Zurich.. we are having a same taste bro. I am thinking of sign up for the evening racquetball, cooking, and magic short-courses.

grettlin2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dr.SpongeBobDDS
If you really want to get headstart on DS1, I'd take one or more of the following: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology.

If you want stuff that will be practical career-wise: Spanish, Business, Accounting

If you're like I was and just want to enjoy senior year: Piano, Guitar, Painting, Soccer, Photography, Sculpture.

Senior year for me was basically just nine solid months of state-funded leisure. I highly recommend that route. :)

What will I experience if I do not take "Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology" before dental school? Will I be behind?

ShawnOne

DDS over DMD
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would imagine having prior knowledge/experience of these subjects would help in breaking down PBL cases @ USC.

Dr.SpongeBobDDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by grettlin2
What will I experience if I do not take "Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology" before dental school? Will I be behind?

I didn't take a single one of those classes, and I'm doing fine. They're just the hardest classes in the first year.

edkNARF

A is A
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Wine Tasting and Cooking my last semester!