filler classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to plan out my schedule for next year (I'll be a senior then) and I have very few required classes left (about 9 credits/semester). What are some additional classes I should take to prepare me for dental school and fill my schedule.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Accounting might help.

Maybe you could think about taking Medical Terminology or Medical Ethics if they are offered....?

Members don't see this ad :)
Take an advanced standing anatomy course...its a killer here :wow:

that should put you one step ahead of the game :thumbup:

if you want to raise your GPA take geography.

I love it so much and did so well they made me a TA.

Conversational Spanish.

If you really want to get headstart on DS1, I'd take one or more of the following: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology.

If you want stuff that will be practical career-wise: Spanish, Business, Accounting

If you're like I was and just want to enjoy senior year: Piano, Guitar, Painting, Soccer, Photography, Sculpture.

Senior year for me was basically just nine solid months of state-funded leisure. I highly recommend that route. :)

Zurich5 was a big fan of Personal Health, Mens Health, The Nature of Cancer, advanced golf and Racquetball while in his undergrad days. You can never go wrong with a PE course.

Originally posted by Zurich5
Zurich5 was a big fan of Personal Health, Mens Health, The Nature of Cancer, advanced golf and Racquetball while in his undergrad days. You can never go wrong with a PE course.

Zurich.. we are having a same taste bro. I am thinking of sign up for the evening racquetball, cooking, and magic short-courses.

Originally posted by Dr.SpongeBobDDS
If you really want to get headstart on DS1, I'd take one or more of the following: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology.

If you want stuff that will be practical career-wise: Spanish, Business, Accounting

If you're like I was and just want to enjoy senior year: Piano, Guitar, Painting, Soccer, Photography, Sculpture.

Senior year for me was basically just nine solid months of state-funded leisure. I highly recommend that route. :)

What will I experience if I do not take "Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology" before dental school? Will I be behind?

I would imagine having prior knowledge/experience of these subjects would help in breaking down PBL cases @ USC.

Originally posted by grettlin2
What will I experience if I do not take "Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Histology, Embryology" before dental school? Will I be behind?

I didn't take a single one of those classes, and I'm doing fine. They're just the hardest classes in the first year.

I am taking Wine Tasting and Cooking my last semester!