finished my part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aravind buddula

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ,
i had taken my part 1 in april and got 98.
anat-98
physio biochem-99
micro path -99
dental anat-94
people who wish to know the details can write to me.
right now i am having my end sem exams.will be free to answer from tomorrow.
arvind

Members don't see this ad.

wow.....congrats on an amazing score :clap: you really rock :horns:

with ur other amazing stats all the schools will be honored to take u :clap: Good Luck in your end semester exams n in all ur future endeavors :luck:

I wonder how the rest of us wishing to get such an awesome score will do :idea: :luck:

aravind buddula said:
hi ,
anat-98
physio biochem-99
micro path -99
dental anat-94
arvind

Wow 98 is a dream score atleast for me!:wow:
Congrats! :hardy:
Now I have so many questions to shoot :smuggrin:

I am guessing that u took cbt :idea: So, is this the first time that ur taking Nbde?

If so how many months of hard work is it!? :scared:

Did u read from anything else other than kaplan, decks & asda reprints?

Pls do tell me how many times we need to revise each study material?

So r u in already touch with the subject after college or u started fresh for this Nbde prep?

ok that's all for now :) Pls do answer if u can/whenever u get time.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello this is pendejodo where do yuo study? congratulations can you plese told me about the anatomy section preparation details also was in the computer do you memorized the decks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,va

hi ,
thanks a lot.all u need to do is put in hard work and a bit of luck.
just keep revising.thats it.
wiztooth said:
wow.....congrats on an amazing score :clap: you really rock :horns:

with ur other amazing stats all the schools will be honored to take u :clap: Good Luck in your end semester exams n in all ur future endeavors :luck:

I wonder how the rest of us wishing to get such an awesome score will do :idea: :luck:

aravind buddula said:
hi ,
anat-98
physio biochem-99
micro path -99
dental anat-94
arvind

wow that is an amazing score. :thumbup:

i guess u took the cbt. good to know people are scoring very well with the cbt.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

u can be sure u will get into any school u choose now!!!!!! :luck:

what end-sem exams are u talking about anyways???

hi aravind,
congrats! kindly give us exam takers tips on study pattern,hours to put in,books or material to study most etc.Thankyou.

wow congratulations aravind...i just read on another thread that u have a gpa of 4, a bds and mds (perio) and now this awesome score of 98!!!!!! way to go!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

all the best for ur future. do keep us updated about ur applications and where u are accepted. will help add to the statistics that mrinalini is keeping track of.

just keep revising are you fanny? I took the boars 5 times depend of your background and time you finish school please be more specific as how nay hours what materials etc. do you used unrelized exams;;;;;;;;;;;;;

hello,
i have taken computerized part 1 and it was not very tough.i felt having gone through the past papers that CBT is relatively easy when compared to the written exam.
anyways this is a 8 hr exam and time alloted for each section is 1hr 45 min.
i never had any problem for anat ,physio bichem,micro path.but i felt that time was not sufficient for dental anat.
i was unable to answer last 2-3 questions properly in dental anat.
as far as each subject goes i personally felt anat physio biochem and micro path were easy.
i found dental anat to be tough.but dont worry guys dental anat was never my strong subject.
then as far as the preparation goes i had gone through kaplan review material for all the subjects.
i was sort of perfect with wheelers and had gone through chaurasia for anat.
make sure guys u read head and neck perfectly before you go for the exam.
kaplan material is not enough as far head and neck goes.
amd make sure u do the past papers really well.atleast there were 20-30 direct uestion from the past papers.
And this is my first attempt for the exam.i had come here on F1 visa this spring.
well i am planning to take my step 2 in july.not yet started for that.
well as far as the number of hours and months of go i started on march 15 and gave my exam on april 23 and each day i made sure that i read for atleast 12 hrs and three diff subjects.
anyways number of hours never matter what is imp is how much u grasp in the time u have read.
dental decks are useful when you are planning for a revision.first make sure you read the kaplan material thoruoghly and then just say 15 days before the exam start decks and past papers.
i repeat pls do the past papers well.i am sure a lot of questions are repetitions.

and revision helps you a lot.keep revising as many times as possible with a minimum of 2 times.
i hope i have answered most of the questions.
any more questions about each subject or anything else i am ready to answer.
i shall let u know abt my applications and interviews.
bye for now.
aravind buddula

hi aravind,
Thanks for that reply...it certainly is an amazing score for the time you spent studying...are you telling us one month preparation is enough? or was it that your basics were really strong? Morever, how did you manage to finish the entire Kaplan in such a short time.....I have been told to use it only as a reference material...do you think i need to go thru word by word..well i am going thru the questionpapers & decks but how much of text books do we need to refer.Congrats again...kindly answer the queries.Thanks againfor your informative message.

hello, boggu
well i personally feel that 2 months should be more than enough if you feel your basics are not strong.anyways i was good in my basics as i had do them again in my masters(MDS).
i found kaplan to be very useful and i read that.
.only for anat i had referred chaurasia and for dental anat wheelers.
other than that i had read everything from kaplan.
anyways if you really interested, you can go through BRS (Board review series) for physio and path,i found them interesting too and high yielding.
yeah kaplan u need to go through line by line specially anat and dental anat.
and every person have there own style of reading.each person would guide u in a different way.you should figure out whcih one would suit you the best and then go ahead.
all the best.any more questions donot hesitate.
aravind buddula

Hello aravind,
Thanks for the reply! It was informative.
Did I read that u spent only a month for prep? WOW :wow:
U deserve a "NBDE geek" award -if there is one :smuggrin:

I know someone who gets 98 should be PERFECT :)

Congrats again & all the best for part 2 :thumbup: U Rock! :thumbup:

Are u aiming for DDS or MS(clinicals)? Just curious :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hello dental doc,
i would like to join DDS.
and nothing like being perfect.all you need is hard work and a bit of luck which i think i had.
anyways i had spent a month and half.
aravind

Hey Aravind,
thanks for that prompt & immediate reply.I sure am amazed with your short study period...hats off to you for that great score.Thanks again, for guiding me...lemme see what I can do with the remaining time left......good luck on your part 2.congrats once again!

aravind buddula said:
hello dental doc,
i would like to join DDS.
and nothing like being perfect.all you need is hard work and a bit of luck which i think i had.
anyways i had spent a month and half.
aravind

DDS- good choice!
I know it's hard to go back to school again for 2 more yrs(after spending 8 yrs in dental college!), but apparantly we r left with no other choice.

I hope it will be worth it :idea:

anyways wish u more luck :luck:

Aravind

Great job :thumbup: :thumbup: ur hard work paid off well.

And thanx alot for all the info.

BOND

aravind its really creditable that u studied so much in so little time and did so well. which college/school in india are u from?

any dental schools that u have shortlisted to apply to?

anyways ...good luck with ur applications and hope u get into the school of your dreams!!! u are probably the only one here on the forum with such great scores/gpa/qualifications put together! way to go! :thumbup: :luck:

hi tooth mail,
thanks a lot.not able to decide which colleges to apply for.anyways still have time.anyways i find UPENN better than the other schools.
i finished my bachelors in GDC hyderabad and masters in manipal.
have any questions feel free to ask me.
aravind buddula

aravind buddula said:
hi tooth mail,
thanks a lot.not able to decide which colleges to apply for.anyways still have time.anyways i find UPENN better than the other schools.
have any questions feel free to ask me.
aravind buddula
hi congrats......amnipal got to be proud of u.....
may i ask when did you finish your PG at manipal......
thanks a lot for the reply......
all the best.

hey aravind,
Congrats!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

enjoy urself

CBT test scores seem to be upbeat

98 is a great score :wow:

time to relax and party

lasjy

hey aravind
wooooooo! studied for just one and a half months and 12 hours of study :scared: wow! ur incredible hardwork is definitely paid off...

all the very best :thumbup:
cheerrs.

Dear Arvind

Thanks a lot for the information you have provided....more importantly the way u have presented it......very very clear.....answered all my questions....am re-taking the part I and was confused between the CBT and written......will be going for the CBT now u have put all my doubts to rest.....Am almost done with all the past paers......and the decks are really amazing as you say......About DA funnily I am very comfortable with DA.....the last time I was done with DA in 45 mins flat and got 94.....you might want to check out my notes on DA......they are in the tutorial sticky....I know no use to u now but still.....I am sure UPenn will welcome you with open arms....and if they don't....then we all might as well forget about UPenn....thanks a lot again.....wish you all the best....do let us know what happens.....gpg

hello gpg,
my sincere advice would be to go for CBT.i personally feel when compared to paper based CBT will definitely have more repetitions.
i mean from the past papers.
i found atleast 20-30% from the past papers from each subject.
how much did you get in ur first attempt.
work hard on gen anat as u are good in dental anat.
and make sure you read the theory in dental decks well as that will cover most of the subject.
and dental decks are very useful for revision as i have told in the past.
all the best buddy.
aravind

Hi, Arvind
I have sent you a PM kindly do reply..
Thanks
Toothzone :luck:

hi tooth zone,
could you please PM me again.i am unable to find your question.
aravind buddula

congrats aravind , :clap: :wow:
thts awesome.... great scores. iam sure u will get into any school u want to. did u do ur masters in the US.
takes a lot of dedication and hard work to get such wonderful scores. and only amonths study.....wow. thts something. u r definitely an inspiration for all of us.

Thanx a lot for ur study tips/suggestions.It's very inspiring to know that u studied soooo much in such a short span of time....kudos....way to go :thumbup: :clap: .With ur amazing stats n resume definitely u can get into Upenn...Good Luck:luck:

Hi Aravind

Thats an awesome score. :thumbup:

U have given Boost to those appearing for part-1.Hope the informations been useful to them.Keep going.

Are u preparing for part-2.If so ,please let me know the study materials U r using for prep.and also is the cbt good compared to paper based.I am palnning to go for paper based,coz i dont know whether i can concentrate for 1 and half days before computer.Do put in ur experience.Thanks.

hey arvind,
some questions popped up about the CBT from some of my other friends and since very few people have taken it up i'm sure some of these doubts are there

1) Is the CBT like the Toefl GRE types where when u answer a question correct the next one becomes tougher

2) as i understand u get 1 hour 45 mins for a section....r u allowed to go back and forth through a section and change ur answers for the previous question. in Toefl GRE once u mark ur answers u can't go back to question except maybe in Reading comprehension

eg. u r working outy phy/biochem sec. and u r on question 54 and want to go back to question 28 because u had a doubt and wanted to change ur answer. :confused:

is this possible??
please let me know and for the benifit of all others due to take CBT
if not this maybe the one advantage of written test over CBT

3) as far as the grading goes is it because fewer people take the CBT that day that most scores seem to be higher. :p i ask this because if they grade us on percentile and if fewer people take the test,the ones who do better will obviously get better scores :rolleyes:

if this is not the case and the JCNDE will make it fair by comparing CBT scores with regular written test scores....right!!

i hope i get some clear answers :idea: :laugh: :laugh:

lasjy

hello arvind please check your pm. if you have time reply me. thank you.

aravind buddula said:
hi tooth zone,
could you please PM me again.i am unable to find your question.
aravind buddula

Part1
Hi, Arvind..
I have sent you my mail again..Kindly click on the link that says "Private messages "and you will find my mail..in your inbox..
kindly do reply..
Thanks
Toothzone

hello lasjy,
1) nope CBT part 1 is not like GRE and toefl and questions dont get tougher as you go on.it not a computer adaptive test but a computer based test similar to reading comprehension in TOEFL.
2)yes ur allowed to go back and forth as many times as u want.in fact for each question u have an option of marking it if u have any doubt .at the end when ur done with the 100 th question there is an option to review all the questions or u can review only the marked questions or review the unanswered questions.
if you have a doubt please do put a mark on the question so that it will be very easy for you to go back.
i personlly feel that CBT is better than the written test becos there will be alot of repetitions.
3) as far as the grading goes i dont have any idea how these people grade.but i heard that the ada people have asked few students from each school to take a mock test before they actaully introduced this CBT and i think they are taking those peoples scores as reference scores.anyways not very sure abt it.
i hope i have answerd ur questions to the best of my knowledge.
CBt is not so firghtening as people think.the tutorial infact guides u really well.and people who use internet should not have a problem taking CBT.

hi arvind...
congratulations on your success in part 1...!!!!what is the BRS thing that you mentioned in one of the previous mails?
good luck
dipali

hello guys,
well i have just seen my PMs today.i tried to answer most of the questions.i had to answer around 3-4- messages.so i have just answered the imp things.i am sorry for the delay as i didnt have any idea abt this PM thing before someone actually told me.
i have mentioned in depth abt my method of prep in this page previously.
and dipali BRS is Board review series.
i am trying to answer as many as i can.dont feel offended if i hadnt answered anybodys questions as i might have missed out.
ok bye for now
aravind buddula

correction.its not 3-4 but 30-40 .sorry abt that
arvind

aravind buddula said:
hello guys,
well i have just seen my PMs today.i tried to answer most of the questions.i had to answer around 3-4- messages.so i have just answered the imp things.i am sorry for the delay as i didnt have any idea abt this PM thing before someone actually told me.
and dipali BRS is Board review series.
i am trying to answer as many as i can.dont feel offended if i hadnt answered anybodys questions as i might have missed out.
ok bye for now
aravind buddula
After a while you will find yourself repeating the same thing 'X' number of times to 'Y' number of people and at that point you can ask them to post the questions in the forum so everyone else can read it and you wont have to answer it repeatedly :)

hi aravind
your scores are just amazing...wonder what effort is required to get scores like this...

i am planning to take my part1 exams by end of june..can you guide as to what shud be the strategy for preparations for this final one month

thanx
all the best for your part 2 scores

shruti

hi sruthi,
just revise in case you have read all the subjects.i mean dental decks and past papers.make sure you do past papers twice before you go for the exam.and dont get psyched that ur unable to remember before the exam.it happens to everybody and even i was in that situation.
specially donot take dental anat for granted.that is where i lost and anyways i am pretty weak in that subject.
keep revising that is the key.
bye
arvind

aravind buddula said:
correction.its not 3-4 but 30-40 .sorry abt that
arvind
:wow: 30-40 PMs.... :eek:
aravind buddula said:
So u too a Hyderabadi..... :) :hardy:
aravind buddula said:
ok bye for now
aravind buddula
That's really so sweet of u :love: U explained everything so well...... :clap:
Good Luck with ur part-2 n admission processes :luck:

Henna said:
After a while you will find yourself repeating the same thing 'X' number of times to 'Y' number of people and at that point you can ask them to post the questions in the forum so everyone else can read it and you wont have to answer it repeatedly :)
:D :laugh: .....Good thinking/suggestion Henna

thanks for the advice henna.anyways i am trying to answer as many questions as possible .

Henna said:

hey henna,
its not hard to imagine why a guy like him wouldn't be asked a lot of questions over and over again, and have to give the same or modified answers.....after all how many people get scores like him in a new format like CBT. not surprising i should say. :cool:

lasjy

lasjy said:
hey henna,
its not hard to imagine why a guy like him wouldn't be asked a lot of questions over and over again, and have to give the same or modified answers.....after all how many people get scores like him in a new format like CBT. not surprising i should say. :cool:

lasjy

Not only how many people get great scores like arvind..but HOW MANY " REALLY REACH OUT TO HELP YOU" ..that should be really asked here..
Thanks Arvind for being so patient and answering all my questions with so much sincerity and honesty..
All the very best to you. :thumbup:
Many thanks once again,
Toothzone :luck:

thanx for your help. I tried to study anatomy from kaplan but could find it good so I shifted back to chaurasia. I was wondering if I was going at the right track.
Even the physio I didnt whole lot of kaplan good. Definately dental anatamy is great especially the occlusion part.. I am preparing to give exam in july. I have gone through the text now doing decks and doing Q bank. I am going back on the topics that are weak or I didnt study well after solving Qbank.. Is that the right way.. Giude me.. Moreover I am planning to take kaplan Q bank..for 1 mnth.. Is it really worth I dont know...

:thumbup:
Ruchig said:
thanx for your help. I tried to study anatomy from kaplan but could find it good so I shifted back to chaurasia. I was wondering if I was going at the right track.
Even the physio I didnt whole lot of kaplan good. Definately dental anatamy is great especially the occlusion part.. I am preparing to give exam in july. I have gone through the text now doing decks and doing Q bank. I am going back on the topics that are weak or I didnt study well after solving Qbank.. Is that the right way.. Giude me.. Moreover I am planning to take kaplan Q bank..for 1 mnth.. Is it really worth I dont know...
:)

Ruchig

I dont like the Anatomy part of kaplan too there is too much of the embro and histology and not a lot osteology.I think ur on the right track,so keep up the good work

Best of luck

hello ruchig,
i couldnt follow your question but i can tell you that as far as head and neck goes kaplan is not enough and doesnt give any info.
so for other things u read kaplan but head and neck read chaurasia.
for physio kaplan is good but if you feel you are not able to follow read BRS(board review series).it is really good.i wen through and found it very useful.
and kaplan is good for dental anat.the small book is a very high yield.
and i feel that if you do past papers and dental deck very well ,you need not go for kaplan question bank.i didnt know that one existed.anyways it is upto you and the amount of time you have.
all the best.anyways i answered your questions to the best of what i could gather from your questions.

hello, what is the title in the anatony book chaurasia please get back to me

is this the book ? /
HUMAN ANATOMY 3RD ED. VOL - III HEAD, NECK & BRAIN
- B. CHAURASIA
Publisher : C.B.S. Publishers & Distributors
Language : English
List Price : Rs 160.00
Our Price : Rs 144.00
You Save : Rs 16.00
A MUST FOR ALL MEDICAL STUDENTS/PRACTIONERS - THE MOST COMPLETE & THOROUGH BOOK SET