finished my part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello pendejedo,
it is the same book and worth reading for anat.
all the best.
arvind

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Arvind,
U have really got a wonderful score.Congrats.This is the fruit of u r hardwork & wise planning for the preparation.I will liketo know if u have planned to take part 2 what r the reference material u r going to use except for decks & Q bank.Thanks for the reply.

hi cutie pie,
i am in the process of collectig material for part 2.
actually i dont know what to read for step 2.
anyways will let you know if i get an idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aravind, that is definitely an amazing score!!!!!!!! :clap: u r my idol already.i too plan to give d part2 exam this july.........any tips?

Hey Aravind,
Still Am Wondering How You Could Sit For 12 Hours In A Day...when 8 Seems Too Difficult.am Taking Mine In The Last Week Of June....a Lil Tensed,wondering How Much I Will Remember,putting In The Effort...doing Two Subjects In A Day..any Advice In This Count Down Period Is Welcome.thanks For All Your Replies.....it Is Wonderful To Know That You Share Your Experiences.Good Luck To You Too.

hi boggu,
key is revision.revise as many times as possible and do ur past papers and dental decks really well.
and make sure u revise dental anat and gen anat everyday as they are volatile.
and increase ur no.of subjects to three gradually instead of two.
any more doubts ur free to ask me anytime.
arvind

hi arvind
i heard that they have changed the pattern of the questions ..it is become more clinical based it is true ?or is it still the same way as it was in the earlier asda reprints we have

hi kosha,
no the pattern has not changed.i havent seen any clinical questions when i took the exam in april.i think its better if you ask anybody who wrote there exams recently.

Thanks Aravind,
Sure will follow your suggestions......thankyou for being so encouraging, want to do well,will give it my best shot.Thankyou & sure enough will ask you more as the exam is fast approaching.Thanks.

thanx a bunch arvind

hi there,
planning 2 take up my NBDEpart 1 CBTby july- mid.still undecided about the date..i've already gone thro' test papers&dental decks twice&kaplan study notes once.should i continue with & revise test papers&decks only or go thro' studymaterials once again how many hours of study should i put in 2 get a decent score?plz.suggest what to do?
moreover,after the exams i wish 2 work in my proffession till i get myself admitted 2 a school.i'm a US citizen,staying in VIRGINIA;I completed my dentistry from INDIA.is there any provisions 4 temporary registration?plz, let me know.prady

aravind buddula said:
hi kosha,
no the pattern has not changed.i havent seen any clinical questions when i took the exam in april.i think its better if you ask anybody who wrote there exams recently.

It won't be clinical-based for a little while still (a year from now). I'm taking a practice NBDE that is in clinical based format on Monday. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

HI all

Looks like the ADA is working overtime.....I registered online for the exam 2 fridays ago......the monday after the next friday,I called up and was told that my application has been processed and was given the 1-800 ph no. and the confirmation no to take the date and centre.

About the format,its just like the written one.2 subs for 3 1/2 hours first up.....then I have the OPTION of taking a one hour break,which I surely will, followed by the next 2 subs for 3 1/2 hours.....and you can go back and forth.

Scores guranteed in 3-4 weeks.

am taking it around the written exam itself.Will keep u all posted once I am done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi gpg,
so u mean now there's flexibility of moving b/w 2 sections like the paper format...!??Am just asking again for a proper confirmation :oops: .I've been checking the ADA website,called them up n even mailed them regarding that but in vain....they din't reply n also didn't update their

Hi ItsGavinC,
we all will be waiting to hear your case based format experience.Will those scores be considered or is it kinda trial/mock exam....?Though it won't be clinical based till summer 2005 I'm a bit skeptical that they may incorporate a few clinical based Qss in this July as an experiment..... :confused:
Anyhow...Good luck guys :luck:

(P.S:sorry aravind for hijacking ur thread :) )

ya Wiztooth.....since earlier u could go back and forth within one section,now I am sure you can do that within 2 subs,given that one session extends for 3 1/2 hours.

Gavin

Pls do inform us about the New format!

gpg said:
ya Wiztooth.....since earlier u could go back and forth within one section,now I am sure you can do that within 2 subs,given that one session extends for 3 1/2 hours.
Thanks gpg :)

please check ur PM
bye

gpg said:

Gavin

Pls do inform us about the New format!

R u guys sure about it!?...So is it possible to goback & forth between two subjects in a section? :confused:

well i am pretty sure about the fact that we can go back and forth.
just for people who got interview call for tufts i am in the list too and i still dont know how they called me for interview without my step two scores.

aravind buddula said:
just for people who got interview call for tufts i am in the list too and i still dont know how they called me for interview without my step two scores.

Thanks buddy & all the best :luck:

aravind buddula said:
Quick question for u..So, does it mean that we can do the dental anat first before micropath in afternoon section? :idea:
Thanks! :luck:

Gr8 Score . i also got above 90 in all my subjects

dentaldoc said:
Quick question for u..So, does it mean that we can do the dental anat first before micropath in afternoon section? :idea:
Thanks! :luck:

Hi Dental doc,
no u cant do dental anat first before micropath in the after noon section.The exam consists of 4 PARTS-each PART- 1.45 min.It starts with ANATOMY-1 st -1.45 MIN.
BIO-PHYSIO-2nd -1.45min -FOR MORNING SECTION OF THE EXAM.

MICROPATH-3 rd PART-1.45 MIN.
DENTAL ANAT-4th PART-1.45MIN -FOR AFTERNOON SECTION OF THE EXAM.
the exam is in this order.so to go to dent anat-u have to complete micropath part.u can review only ONE PART.

U CAN GO TO ANY QUESTION YOU WANT ONCE U COMPLETE THAT PARTICULAR PART OF THE EXAM WITH IN THAT 1.45 MIN.ONCE U COMPLETE 1.45 MIN FOR THAT PARTICULAR PART U CANT GO TO THAT PART OF THE EXAM AGAIN.
i think you got it.

tempabc said:
Hi Dental doc,
no u cant do dental anat first before micropath in the after noon section.The exam consists of 4 PARTS-each PART- 1.45 min.It starts with ANATOMY-1 st -1.45 MIN.
BIO-PHYSIO-2nd -1.45min -FOR MORNING SECTION OF THE EXAM.

MICROPATH-3 rd PART-1.45 MIN.
DENTAL ANAT-4th PART-1.45MIN -FOR AFTERNOON SECTION OF THE EXAM.
the exam is in this order.so to go to dent anat-u have to complete micropath part.u can review only ONE PART.

U CAN GO TO ANY QUESTION YOU WANT ONCE U COMPLETE THAT PARTICULAR PART OF THE EXAM WITH IN THAT 1.45 MIN.ONCE U COMPLETE 1.45 MIN FOR THAT PARTICULAR PART U CANT GO TO THAT PART OF THE EXAM AGAIN.
i think you got it.

Is it?..that sucks :eek: ...Hope they change this :eek:

ItsGavinC said:
That is correct according to my sources!

Gavin, are you talking about the CBT or paperbased?
I am sure in paperbased we can do that.

Great score!

dentaldoc said:
Gavin, are you talking about the CBT or paperbased?
I am sure in paperbased we can do that.

I'm talking about both the CBT and paperbased. Of course, I haven't taken the CBT, but the ADA says you can switch back and forth: "A new version of the computerized exam with a time schedule that allows candidates the flexibility to balance their time between two morning or two afternoon sections as allowed in the written exam schedule should be available by approximately May 1, 2004."

Hi,I was just wondering how you can access any question in a section of the CBT???As far as being a CBT..isn't each question based on your response to the previous..I mean the level of difficulty depends on how you answer the previous question!Atleast thats how the toefl and Gre exams work....and cannot be manipulated by anybody. :smuggrin:

ItsGavinC said:
I'm talking about both the CBT and paperbased. Of course, I haven't taken the CBT, but the ADA says you can switch back and forth: "A new version of the computerized exam with a time schedule that allows candidates the flexibility to balance their time between two morning or two afternoon sections as allowed in the written exam schedule should be available by approximately May 1, 2004."

Yeah, even I read that..But there seems to be different opinions regarding this :eek: ..Let's wait to hear from the candidates who took cbt after may! :(

Any way's thanks for your time & GOOD LUCK for the BIG DAY! :thumbup: ....Don't forget to sleet tonight :D

tweetybird said:
Hi,I was just wondering how you can access any question in a section of the CBT???As far as being a CBT..isn't each question based on your response to the previous..I mean the level of difficulty depends on how you answer the previous question!Atleast thats how the toefl and Gre exams work....and cannot be manipulated by anybody. :smuggrin:

I don't think NBDE part 1 cbt is computer adaptive.....

as far as i know only GRE is adaptive. ndbe is not.

{there! i edited it. :) thanks dental doc)

toothmail said:
as far as i know only GRE is adaptive. toefl and ndbe are not.

In toefl the listening & structure part is adaptive....

Hello,
Let me introduce myself to you.I am Dr.Venkatesh.C son of Dr.Madhu.C(Dad is a physician in navodaya nursing home hyderabad). Congrats for your great score in nbde part 1.Keep it up

lovely score and lotsa congratulations
i m from india too and done with my part 1.so now just confused with taking part 2.what do u advise.have u applied anywhere with ur part 1 score.i think u would get anywhere then why r u behind part 2?
reply back

hi venkatesh,
how are u doing.are u in US.just let me know and if yeskeep in otuch.what ru ur plans.do keep me informed.take care
arvind
venki_dr said:
Hello,
Let me introduce myself to you.I am Dr.Venkatesh.C son of Dr.Madhu.C(Dad is a physician in navodaya nursing home hyderabad). Congrats for your great score in nbde part 1.Keep it up

hey pink india,
how are u doing.how much did u get in ur part 1.i have applied for a few schools.
well i wanna finsh my part 2 becos i have to submit my scores to tufts for an admission and for me tufts is a good school.
well you can PM me if you want any info.
take care
arvind
pinkindia32 said:
lovely score and lotsa congratulations
i m from india too and done with my part 1.so now just confused with taking part 2.what do u advise.have u applied anywhere with ur part 1 score.i think u would get anywhere then why r u behind part 2?
reply back

CONGRATS on the excellent score!
:clap:
I want to give my exams soon and iam happy to know some one can give it in one and a half months ...... but i may need more time coz my basics are not that strong. Your info was helpful.
All the best!

thanx for reply
i m just done with my paper based part 1 on 12 july.so relaxing for some days.
it will be nice of u if u give me ur phone no.i can call u and have some
information.i want some information regarding application and personal statement etc.so better we talk on phone.
thanx bye

hey pink India,
i have sent a pm to you giving my contact no.go ahead and have a look at it.
arvi
pinkindia32 said:
thanx for reply
i m just done with my paper based part 1 on 12 july.so relaxing for some days.
it will be nice of u if u give me ur phone no.i can call u and have some
information.i want some information regarding application and personal statement etc.so better we talk on phone.
thanx bye

Hi arvind:please guide me.I am planning to take nbde part1 this year.I have started studying now.Please tell me what books to get.I can apply for interlibrary loans.I get very less time 2/3hrs everyday.I am stressed and your gudance can help me prepare in this stringent time i have.

aravind buddula said:
hi ,
i had taken my part 1 in april and got 98.
anat-98
physio biochem-99
micro path -99
dental anat-94
people who wish to know the details can write to me.
right now i am having my end sem exams.will be free to answer from tomorrow.
arvind

Hi aravind !
i send a PM to U !but no replyfrom ur side,
wating for ur reply
sahil

hi ree,
check ur PM.
arvi
sahil@sdn said:
Hi aravind !
i send a PM to U !but no replyfrom ur side,
wating for ur reply
sahil

hi arvind ;

i have a problem to slove for u

how would one calculate the ph of blood id ghe plama carbon dioxide level is unknow
i got it till there ..
ph= 6.1+ log (bicarbonate )/ 0.03(pc02)

now what i do not understand is how to calculate the pc02 and the log of bicarbonate ...or wil it be given

kosha said:
hi arvind ;

how would one calculate the ph of blood id ghe plama carbon dioxide level is unknow
i got it till there ..

now what i do not understand is how to calculate the pc02 and the log of bicarbonate ...or wil it be given

My only nightmare is this type of problem questions in nbde! :scared: ..That's why I hate maths and landed in science field..but the more I run away the more it's chasing me :eek:
I am planning to avoid those type of questions in exam :( ..
Sorry Kosha it's obvious that cannot help u in this..but arvind seems to be the perfect one to answer all tough questions like this - since he got the perfect score! :thumbup:

Hello arvind how r u doing? hope you are busy with your interviews..but I will trouble u with some tough questions later! (subject matter offcourse);) Hope u find some time to answer them!
you r one of the very best pal in sdn who answers everyones questions with LOTS of patience!..Keep it up! :thumbup:

hey kosha,
well i didnt get your question and i couldnt understand it in the first case.well if you can ask me as it is in the book i will surely try to help you out.
well dental doc i am always there to help you.i will be more than happy to help you guys out.
take care
arvind
arvind
dentaldoc said:
My only nightmare is this type of problem questions in nbde! :scared: ..That's why I hate maths and landed in science field..but the more I run away the more it's chasing me :eek:
I am planning to avoid those type of questions in exam :( ..
Sorry Kosha it's obvious that cannot help u in this..but arvind seems to be the perfect one to answer all tough questions like this - since he got the perfect score! :thumbup:

Hello arvind how r u doing? hope you are busy with your interviews..but I will trouble u with some tough questions later! (subject matter offcourse);) Hope u find some time to answer them!
you r one of the very best pal in sdn who answers everyones questions with LOTS of patience!..Keep it up! :thumbup:

aravind buddula said:
hey kosha,
well i didnt get your question and i couldnt understand it in the first case.well if you can ask me as it is in the book i will surely try to help you out.
well dental doc i am always there to help you.i will be more than happy to help you guys out.
take care
arvind
arvind

Thanks for everything arvind :)
Kosha, go ahead & type the questions....

kosha said:
hi arvind ;

i got it till there ..

It seems like another piece of information would have to be given in order to solve this as you posed it.

Hi,Arvind.Congrats.Plz guide us about the mode of prep for nbde part 1.Is there any change in the exam pattern ?What books did u read n are unpub papers of any use?Ihave 2001 decks. Ihope it is fine .How did u prep for dental occlusion ?I am following Kaplan notes .Ihope that will do
sunita

hi,
well i gave all the details in the thread already.just have a look and let me know if you need any other info.
u can PM me .
arvind
Sunita Kaul said:
Hi,Arvind.Congrats.Plz guide us about the mode of prep for nbde part 1.Is there any change in the exam pattern ?What books did u read n are unpub papers of any use?Ihave 2001 decks. Ihope it is fine .How did u prep for dental occlusion ?I am following Kaplan notes .Ihope that will do
sunita