finished my part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi,
most of the schools ask for a score of more than 80 in part 2.i just read dental decks and my preparation was inadequate as i just had a couple of weeks to submit my score in tufts.so just read decks and nothing else.i advise you to go through past papers.may be u can go thru notes on prostho and conservative.if you have any friends already in dental schools u can ask them for the material they give in schools.
i think dental decks and past papers should be enough.
all the best

balldan said:
hi again,
thanx 4 the suggestion.could u give me a few tips on how to go about part2 prepn.im planning to giv it by the end of march.not much time left.i have the decks & relesed papers .what else needs to b refered?thanx in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

hi arvind... just saw ur score.. wow man that's great... i'm impressed.. i'll like to thank you for sharing the tips for taking nbde 1... tell me more about the materials.... i've just started.. where should i start from.... what should i do.. 13 hours of hard work is that what i need?? tell me....

hi,
start with anatomy.and then read dental anat.becos they are the most volatile subjects.when ru planning to give.if you are planning to apply for 2006 then give the exam by june end or max the paper based exam which will be in july.the no. of hours do not matter..i would advice you to start off with anat or dental anat in the mornings and any other subject in the evenings.
if there is anything else feel free to ask.
Arvind
docsj said:
hi arvind... just saw ur score.. wow man that's great... i'm impressed.. i'll like to thank you for sharing the tips for taking nbde 1... tell me more about the materials.... i've just started.. where should i start from.... what should i do.. 13 hours of hard work is that what i need?? tell me....

Members don't see this ad :)
aravind buddula said:
hi,
start with anatomy.and then read dental anat.becos they are the most volatile subjects.when ru planning to give.if you are planning to apply for 2006 then give the exam by june end or max the paper based exam which will be in july.the no. of hours do not matter..i would advice you to start off with anat or dental anat in the mornings and any other subject in the evenings.
Arvind
hi arvind,
congratulations on ur admission to tufts.i have my part2 in 2weeks.im very far frm a good prepn.any tips would b really helpful.i also wanted to know,with a score as gr8 as urs why did u choose tufts frm all other programs?i have friends joining in april the same program.do give me ur valuable tips.thanx a lot. :thumbup: :)

aravind buddula said:
hi,
Arvind

hi arvind,
heartiest congratulations on ur amazing score!!
i am a dentist from bbay appearing for the ndb 1 in july.
i wanted ur advice on how to study biochem? i was advised to read from lippincott.. but i am literally struggling... its too difficult! plz help!!
ana

hi,
i read only dental decks and did the past papers.most schools ask for a score of 80 or above.so it shouldnt be a problem.
well for me tufts is one of the best schools in US and highly competitive.thats the reason i joined tufts.and for international students we have only few options.
balldan said:
hi arvind,
congratulations on ur admission to tufts.i have my part2 in 2weeks.im very far frm a good prepn.any tips would b really helpful.i also wanted to know,with a score as gr8 as urs why did u choose tufts frm all other programs?i have friends joining in april the same program.do give me ur valuable tips.thanx a lot. :thumbup: :)

hi,
lipincott is the best available book for biochem.i would advice you to read lipincott and then read kaplan.that way u will understand the subject better.
initially u will find it difficult but after u read it once i am sure u will be able to answer most of the questions in exam.
ana29 said:
hi arvind,
heartiest congratulations on ur amazing score!!
i am a dentist from bbay appearing for the ndb 1 in july.
i wanted ur advice on how to study biochem? i was advised to read from lippincott.. but i am literally struggling... its too difficult! plz help!!
ana

Community Dentistry or Oral Pathology/Medicine or Endodontics.....

Which specialization would you suggest me for my MDS course? How would you foresee the future of these fields in 5 years from now?

hey,
i would say endo.well endo is evergreen and i has a bright future.next would nbe community and lastly oral path.
diffident said:
Community Dentistry or Oral Pathology/Medicine or Endodontics.....

Which specialization would you suggest me for my MDS course? How would you foresee the future of these fields in 5 years from now?

aravind buddula said:
hi,
lipincott is the best available book for biochem.i would advice you to read lipincott and then read kaplan.that way u will understand the subject better.
initially u will find it difficult but after u read it once i am sure u will be able to answer most of the questions in exam.

hi there,
thanks a lot for ur advice..:)
will try studying from lippincott!!!
ana

aravind buddula said:
hello,
you are not eligible to write the exam until ur done with ur final year and ur internship.
so u have a lot of time.almost three years for u to write ur part1.
may be it would be appropriate if you plan things in your final year.

Hi MOHITJAIN and Aravind,

Well that is not true.
You can give your Part 1 after your 2nd yr... But you will need the Dean's signature. You can request your College Dean to sign the Part I application form... You are very much eligible..there is no doubt about it.

My class mate gave his Part I in 3rd yr Dental school..so im sure about this.

Good Luck to both of you~

aravind buddula said:
hi,
most of the schools ask for a score of more than 80 in part 2.i just read dental decks and my preparation was inadequate as i just had a couple of weeks to submit my score in tufts.so just read decks and nothing else.i advise you to go through past papers.may be u can go thru notes on prostho and conservative.if you have any friends already in dental schools u can ask them for the material they give in schools.
i think dental decks and past papers should be enough.
all the best
hi aravind,cuold u tell me the deadline for tufts.or when can i apply for the next session.
spowari

hi,
the deadline for 2005 was september 2004.and you can apply in may 2005 for the next session.pls confirm by calling the school once.i am sure abt the dead line but not sure abt when they start accepting applications.
spowari said:
hi aravind,cuold u tell me the deadline for tufts.or when can i apply for the next session.
spowari

UABDentist said:

Well that is not true.
You can give your Part 1 after your 2nd yr... But you will need the Dean's signature. You can request your College Dean to sign the Part I application form... You are very much eligible..there is no doubt about it.

He's right i did the same..!!
take care.

Hello Dr Aravind Buddula
I Am New To Dentist Network. My Friend Told Me.
You Got Very Good Mark. How Many University Did You Apply To? Which?
I Got 89% But I Want Not Apply All Because Very Costly.
Dr Meena Deshmukh

i applied in 6 univs.applied for ucsf,ucla,upenn,uop,bu,tufts.u can apply in all of them.but if u wanna be selective then apply in ucsf,upenn,uop.
deshmukh said:
Hello Dr Aravind Buddula
I Am New To Dentist Network. My Friend Told Me.
You Got Very Good Mark. How Many University Did You Apply To? Which?
I Got 89% But I Want Not Apply All Because Very Costly.
Dr Meena Deshmukh

hi,
i was not aware of that.sorry mohit abt that.
UABDentist said:

Well that is not true.