finished my part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi
Congratulations to u a lot an di just want to know wht is BRS and wht is included in it . is it the same as ASDA released exams plz tell me soon
Bye..

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
BRS is board review series and is not the same as ASDA.it is a kind of text book which gives info in brief.and very useful for physio and path.
i hope it answers ur question.
arvind
resagoyal said:
Hi
Congratulations to u a lot an di just want to know wht is BRS and wht is included in it . is it the same as ASDA released exams plz tell me soon
Bye..

aravind buddula said:
hey pink india,
how are u doing.how much did u get in ur part 1.i have applied for a few schools.
well i wanna finsh my part 2 becos i have to submit my scores to tufts for an admission and for me tufts is a good school.
well you can PM me if you want any info.
take care
arvind
Hey Arvind,
Congrats on your scores.I have taken my part 1-score:93 and am taking part 2 this july 27th and 28th.Was wondering when to start applying when i realised you have applied and even received interview calls! :scared: Are you planning on applying to other schools?Just wanted to know as to you know when to apply to most of them.Is august 1st week a good time to send them or am i late ??/I will be getting my ece today by mail and have to give my toefl again (am taking it on the 5th of august)as it expired this april.
Do let me know.Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
prady said:
hi there,
planning 2 take up my NBDEpart 1 CBTby july- mid.still undecided about the date..i've already gone thro' test papers&dental decks twice&kaplan study notes once.should i continue with & revise test papers&decks only or go thro' studymaterials once again how many hours of study should i put in 2 get a decent score?plz.suggest what to do?
moreover,after the exams i wish 2 work in my proffession till i get myself admitted 2 a school.i'm a US citizen,staying in VIRGINIA;I completed my dentistry from INDIA.is there any provisions 4 temporary registration?plz, let me know.prady
Hi,Prady.Ihope by now u must have taken ur test.Plz let me know if there is any change in the pattern of exams.Ifeel nervous becoz i have the 2001 edi of kaplan n decks .Is that sufficient .Plz help
sunita

pinkindia32 said:
lovely score and lotsa congratulations
i m from india too and done with my part 1.so now just confused with taking part 2.what do u advise.have u applied anywhere with ur part 1 score.i think u would get anywhere then why r u behind part 2?
reply back

Hi,Pink india.Iam from india too.Since u r already done with part 1 so plz help me telling me wheather there is any change in the exam pattern from thjis yr . Iam planning to take part 1 in dec n i have 2001 kaplan n 2001 decks . r there any changes in the new decks .
thanks
sunita

aravind buddula said:
hi,
well i gave all the details in the thread already.just have a look and let me know if you need any other info.
u can PM me .
arvind
Hi,Arvind n thanks .Can u tell me what is this board review series n where do i get it n what is PM that u have mentioned in ur mail
sunita

resagoyal said:
Hi
Bye..
Hi, i am new to sdn .just now came to know abt BRS.did u get it .where is it available .Plz help.

hi,
well i got it from my friends and i am not sure where we can get that.the copy i had i gave to my friend who is preparing for the exam.
arvind
Sunita Kaul said:
Hi, i am new to sdn .just now came to know abt BRS.did u get it .where is it available .Plz help.

You can order any of the board review series books from amazon or barnes and noble.

cgt3477 said:
You can order any of the board review series books from amazon or barnes and noble.

Shoot! I didn't know about this BRS book before..now that I am left with only 2 weeks(hardly enough to revise all 4 sub) I don't think it's a good idea to start with a new book! :rolleyes:

Any way may be I will do it the next time I take nbde part 1 :laugh: (god knows how I am gonna do the exam! :scared: )

Sunita Kaul said:
i till nowm don't know from where to get the BRS. If u find plz tell me
Bye..

hi guys wanting to buy the followoing books

if somebody is having or know somebody who is interested to sell please PM me with the asking price

1)human anatomy by B D Chaurasia (head and neck)

2)microbiology by Ananthnarayan

3)BRS for pathology and physiology

4)kaplan book

5)pathology by harshmohan

all in hard copy

thanks

resagoyal said:
Bye..[/QUOTE
Board review series - i obtained photocopies of these in india from bombay.Some people may know them by the author names like Jack .E.Wells etc .

Members don't see this ad :)
G.P said:
resagoyal said:
Bye..[/QUOTE
Board review series - i obtained photocopies of these in india from bombay.Some people may know them by the author names like Jack .E.Wells etc .
Hi...ask for Reads....tahts what they are known in INDIA as.
But BOARD REVIEW SERIES IS NOT same as reads........they are different...ask any at bookshop........or check ur coll lib..........book keepers do place order for BRS.........
all the best.....do well......may GOD bless you....

Hi everyone:
I would like to know if someone is interested in selling the Kaplan book.

Thanx :)

HI PENDEJODO
WOULD YOU TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET THE CHAURASIA"S BOOK?

THANX IN ADVANCE :thumbup:

toothcol said:
HI PENDEJODO
WOULD YOU TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET THE CHAURASIA"S BOOK?

THANX IN ADVANCE :thumbup:
hi,
well if you have any friends in India its very easy to get chaurasia.you can also people if they are willing to sell chaurasia.i think it shouldnt be a problem for you to get.
arvind

Hi aravind buddala congratulations on your great scores and thanks alot for all your advice and help. :thumbup:

I had 2 questions I hope you can help me with?

1. I am planning to take the cbt aprt 1 in september 25th or 26th the thing is I didnt register yet, will I still have a chance to do so if I register now and how long does the processing take?

2.I will start preparing for it now but I was planning to only use the 2001 decks and the past asda released exams , would that be enough or is kaplan essential??

Please reply as soon as u can again thanks for your great advice and help and once again congratulations :)

hi,
the answer to your first question is that it all depends on whether you have your ECE report ready.Incase you have it ready all you need to do is fill in the online application and wait for the processing to be done by ADA which takes abt week or 10 days.So that would be end of august worst case.so if you have your ECE report ready then i think you can easily take ur CBT on sep 25 or 26.
coming to your second question well kaplan is very much essential and u need to read text book for anatomy and if possible you try to get BRS series for physio and path.so i should say only dental decks and past papres will not be sufficient though they are essential along with kaplan.
i hope i answered your questions.
anything else u wanna know pls message me.

hamdi riad said:
Hi aravind buddala congratulations on your great scores and thanks alot for all your advice and help. :thumbup:

I had 2 questions I hope you can help me with?

1. I am planning to take the cbt aprt 1 in september 25th or 26th the thing is I didnt register yet, will I still have a chance to do so if I register now and how long does the processing take?

2.I will start preparing for it now but I was planning to only use the 2001 decks and the past asda released exams , would that be enough or is kaplan essential??

Please reply as soon as u can again thanks for your great advice and help and once again congratulations :)

Hi to all. i am new to this group..i am from India. Congrats to dr aravind,who has made a mark on his own,making our fellow indians proud..
i have a few doubts about NDB exam.Could anyone answer all these .
i finshed graduation ,this Jan & working aswell preparing for entrance exms. got hold of old Adsa notes,but not any of other books u all mentioned here namely,
Dental decks ,BRS ,Kaplan series and so on..
i would like to pursue my career in the US,but completely unaware of the whole system How can i apply for the NDB exam.? IS it necessary to write TOEFL.?
Will i able to write this ,year itself,if i apply now..? When is the last Date for this year.? Is there an exam centre outside the US.?
Will the COnsulate provide me VISA,for coming to US to write NDB.? what type of VISa shld i apply for? [One of my friends Visa was rejected,last year even though he got admission for MPH in some 4 univ in US.]
Shall you, guys tell me the whole procedure please .? I would highly appreciate all your replies..Take Care

Thanking you all in anticipation ,
Regards ,
joseph

hi arvind
congrates!! great job. :thumbup:
i'm taking my nbde part 1 in dec. i'm looking for materials for it. mainly kaplan. if u have ur materials and if u r ready to sell them, i'll be glad to buy it. if u have any other material that would be helpful for me, that is, in case u r ready to sell, plz let me know. and where to look for BRS.
manu

hi arvind
congrates!! great job :thumbup:
i'm looking for nabde part 1 materials, especially kaplan. i have the dental decks. if u have all the material that u referred for ur part 1, and if u r ready to sell them, plz let me know. i'll be glad to buy them. where to look for BRS. i'm feeling really lost with out proper materials. plz help.
manu

Hi arvind will you guide me how to start study for the part1
What you refer, means which book you refer.
how much time /day it takes to score good. :thumbup:

hi manu,
well i doot have my part 1 material with me as they are with my friend sorry abt that.
you can find BRS series with people who are preparing for MLE.if i can be of nay help to you pls let me know.
arvind
manu sk said:
hi arvind
congrates!! great job :thumbup:
i'm looking for nabde part 1 materials, especially kaplan. i have the dental decks. if u have all the material that u referred for ur part 1, and if u r ready to sell them, plz let me know. i'll be glad to buy them. where to look for BRS. i'm feeling really lost with out proper materials. plz help.
manu

hi pere,
if you go thru the thread i have written my method and the materials for my study.if you need anything else i will surely help you.
all the best.
arvind
pere said:
Hi arvind will you guide me how to start study for the part1
What you refer, means which book you refer.
how much time /day it takes to score good. :thumbup:

aravind buddula said:
hi pere,
if you go thru the thread i have written my method and the materials for my study.if you need anything else i will surely help you.
all the best.
arvind
hello maybe I will need to retake part 1 if I dont get accepted, please could someone tell me what is BRS? and where can I get it ? What is MLE?
thanks very much

aravind buddula said:
hello,
i have taken computerized part 1 and it was not very tough.i felt having gone through the past papers that CBT is relatively easy when compared to the written exam.
anyways this is a 8 hr exam and time alloted for each section is 1hr 45 min.
i never had any problem for anat ,physio bichem,micro path.but i felt that time was not sufficient for dental anat.
i was unable to answer last 2-3 questions properly in dental anat.
as far as each subject goes i personally felt anat physio biochem and micro path were easy.
i found dental anat to be tough.but dont worry guys dental anat was never my strong subject.
then as far as the preparation goes i had gone through kaplan review material for all the subjects.
i was sort of perfect with wheelers and had gone through chaurasia for anat.
make sure guys u read head and neck perfectly before you go for the exam.
kaplan material is not enough as far head and neck goes.
amd make sure u do the past papers really well.atleast there were 20-30 direct uestion from the past papers.
And this is my first attempt for the exam.i had come here on F1 visa this spring.
well i am planning to take my step 2 in july.not yet started for that.
well as far as the number of hours and months of go i started on march 15 and gave my exam on april 23 and each day i made sure that i read for atleast 12 hrs and three diff subjects.
anyways number of hours never matter what is imp is how much u grasp in the time u have read.
dental decks are useful when you are planning for a revision.first make sure you read the kaplan material thoruoghly and then just say 15 days before the exam start decks and past papers.
i repeat pls do the past papers well.i am sure a lot of questions are repetitions.

and revision helps you a lot.keep revising as many times as possible with a minimum of 2 times.
i hope i have answered most of the questions.
any more questions about each subject or anything else i am ready to answer.
i shall let u know abt my applications and interviews.
bye for now.
aravind buddula

hai arvind , i am new here , i am a fresh graduate of 2003 , i am preparing for the cbt for part 1 due to take on the nov 26, till now i thought cbt was tough, ur writings are very inspiring , i am a little weak in anat, do you really think that kaplan notes are good and help ful. please conform then ill start going them too, i have been ignoring them till now , thank you
sarat :cool:

hi sharat,
kaplan notes are awesome for anat but u need to read a head and neck text too to cover the head and neck portion in anat.otherwise kaplan pretty much covers the other topics.well i advice that kaplan notes are good for other subjects too.
Sharat chandra said:
hai arvind , i am new here , i am a fresh graduate of 2003 , i am preparing for the cbt for part 1 due to take on the nov 26, till now i thought cbt was tough, ur writings are very inspiring , i am a little weak in anat, do you really think that kaplan notes are good and help ful. please conform then ill start going them too, i have been ignoring them till now , thank you
sarat :cool:

hi,
BRS is board review series and u can get it from yourfriends who are preparing for USMLE(united states medical licensing exam).otherwise u can give a try in ebay or amazon but i am not sure whether u will get them there or not.
arvind
pinkdiamond said:
hello maybe I will need to retake part 1 if I dont get accepted, please could someone tell me what is BRS? and where can I get it ? What is MLE?
thanks very much

Hi, my name is amarjeet, I am from hyderabad too.
I wanted to ask you about how many questions do you think, you must have answered right out of 400. I am planning to give cbt in dec. I wanna asses myself by answering the papers I have.Can I also get your email ID if its ok with you. Mine is [email protected].

hi,
well i think must have answered around 320-330 right but not sure at all.
pls check ur PM.
arvind
amarjeet said:
Hi, my name is amarjeet, I am from hyderabad too.
I wanted to ask you about how many questions do you think, you must have answered right out of 400. I am planning to give cbt in dec. I wanna asses myself from answering the papers I have.Can I also get your email ID if its ok with you. Mine is [email protected].

Thank you very much Aravind.

its hard to guess how many we got it right and what our percentile would be.but i am very sure that if you can get above 80 in each subject then one would get a score of atleast 90 but for dental anat where you need to get a score of atleast 90 to get a percentile above 90.
read kaplan notes well and text book for head and neck.i am sure you will be fine.
arvind
amarjeet said:
Thank you very much Aravind.

Hi aravind, i just want first to congratulate u NBDE 1 for ur best results, i am new to this group..i am Milot and i am from Kosova .i am on me 5 yr of studies i have one more year to fonish my studies but i am interested for NBDE i know a little bit about ,but i have a few doubts about NDB exam.Could u answer all these .
.i don't know exactly which books to use for preparation , i heard a lot of other books u all mentioned here namely,
i would like to pursue my career in the US,but completely unaware of the whole system How can i apply for the NBDE exam.? how much does it coSt , to apply for NBDE,should i be there for exam or i do throug onternet ,do i need visa etc..
would u tell me about ,i'll appreciate highly ur help
thanks ,
i wish best regards and best wishes

Milot

tolimi said:
Hi aravind, i just want first to congratulate u NBDE 1 for ur best results, i am new to this group..i am Milot and i am from Kosova .i am on me 5 yr of studies i have one more year to fonish my studies but i am interested for NBDE i know a little bit about ,but i have a few doubts about NDB exam.Could u answer all these .
.i don't know exactly which books to use for preparation , i heard a lot of other books u all mentioned here namely,
i would like to pursue my career in the US,but completely unaware of the whole system How can i apply for the NBDE exam.? how much does it coSt , to apply for NBDE,should i be there for exam or i do throug onternet ,do i need visa etc..
would u tell me about ,i'll appreciate highly ur help
thanks ,
i wish best regards and best wishes

Milot
to apply you must verify your diploma by WES or ECE. NBDE Part 1 cost ~150 $ paper based or ~250$ computer based. you must be here, you can`t do it trough internet. for more info ,search in ADA - http://www.ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us.asp

thanks for your reply, i also am interseted about preparing material for NBDE part 1 , what do y prefer to me, iknow something like these BRS, kaplan review , dental decks , i dont know where i can find these , and what do u think are these materials enough to prepare the exam ,
ok thanks from
best wishes
miloti

tolimi said:
thanks for your reply, i also am interseted about preparing material for NBDE part 1 , what do y prefer to me, iknow something like these BRS, kaplan review , dental decks , i dont know where i can find these , and what do u think are these materials enough to prepare the exam ,
ok thanks from
best wishes
miloti
kaplan is an institution which prepares you for the NBDE. if you start study there,they will give you their book ,or you can try to buy it from someone already done with nbde. dental decks are basicly questions and explanations - http://www.deckscorp.com/index.php?page=pdental where is best to study from, well search around this forum,there is a lot of info about studying tips and all that stuff.

thanks a lot for your information
best regards miloti

HI Arvind, :thumbup:
Awsome scores. congratulations
I am also doing my MPH and I am planning to write Part 1 on nov 8th. do u think not completing MPH would be a constraint for admissions? do let me know what you think. I am pretty nervous about the test, thanks a mllion,your post was very inspiring....Good luck with ur UPENN admission. BTW where in US are u from?

-Sarita

hi sarita,
check your PM.
arvind
sarita_s said:
HI Arvind, :thumbup:
Awsome scores. congratulations
I am also doing my MPH and I am planning to write Part 1 on nov 8th. do u think not completing MPH would be a constraint for admissions? do let me know what you think. I am pretty nervous about the test, thanks a mllion,your post was very inspiring....Good luck with ur UPENN admission. BTW where in US are u from?

-Sarita

emsi said:
kaplan is an institution which prepares you for the NBDE. if you start study there,they will give you their book ,or you can try to buy it from someone already done with nbde. dental decks are basicly questions and explanations - http://www.deckscorp.com/index.php?page=pdental where is best to study from, well search around this forum,there is a lot of info about studying tips and all that stuff.
:confused: hi,i could find dontal decks only at deckscorp.com ,not the kaplan material for nbdepart1.plz.tell me where could i find it?? i need it urgently...new/used,

smilein said:
:confused: hi,i could find dontal decks only at deckscorp.com ,not the kaplan material for nbdepart1.plz.tell me where could i find it?? i need it urgently...new/used,
see this about kaplans' books - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=95367 kaplans' book can't be buy legaly from anywhere exept kaplan. in order to receive them you should enroll in ther courses and they will give them to you. or you could try to find them in ebay or you could ask someone here (if he wants to sell them..) see also this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=154087 and search this forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15

aravind buddula said:
hello,
i have taken computerized part 1 and it was not very tough.i felt having gone through the past papers that CBT is relatively easy when compared to the written exam.
anyways this is a 8 hr exam and time alloted for each section is 1hr 45 min.
i never had any problem for anat ,physio bichem,micro path.but i felt that time was not sufficient for dental anat.
i was unable to answer last 2-3 questions properly in dental anat.
as far as each subject goes i personally felt anat physio biochem and micro path were easy.
i found dental anat to be tough.but dont worry guys dental anat was never my strong subject.
then as far as the preparation goes i had gone through kaplan review material for all the subjects.
i was sort of perfect with wheelers and had gone through chaurasia for anat.
make sure guys u read head and neck perfectly before you go for the exam.
kaplan material is not enough as far head and neck goes.
amd make sure u do the past papers really well.atleast there were 20-30 direct uestion from the past papers.
And this is my first attempt for the exam.i had come here on F1 visa this spring.
well i am planning to take my step 2 in july.not yet started for that.
well as far as the number of hours and months of go i started on march 15 and gave my exam on april 23 and each day i made sure that i read for atleast 12 hrs and three diff subjects.
anyways number of hours never matter what is imp is how much u grasp in the time u have read.
dental decks are useful when you are planning for a revision.first make sure you read the kaplan material thoruoghly and then just say 15 days before the exam start decks and past papers.
i repeat pls do the past papers well.i am sure a lot of questions are repetitions.

and revision helps you a lot.keep revising as many times as possible with a minimum of 2 times.
i hope i have answered most of the questions.
any more questions about each subject or anything else i am ready to answer.
i shall let u know abt my applications and interviews.
bye for now.
aravind buddula
hi,
your mode of preperation is impressive& the score tooo...
I dropped giving part1 this yr.dec'04 ,coz my bds certificates were not yet evaluated, n thus very short period to send application to appear 4 part1 .Anyways planned seriously to give it next yr. mean while i could get my decks,asda released,kaplan&also brs .I hope this would b suffecient,isntit??? plz. guide me .
i wish to get chaurasia,orbans &wheelers too from India.if u have these now n u dont need ,plzzzzzzzz let me know ,i'll pay for them.

hello,
i started this thread almost an year ago with an intention to provide information for people who are preparing for part 1.
i think a lot of people have questions about part 1 and method of preparation now.
i felt this thread may be helpful.so thought to bring it back.
if anybody has any questions pls feel free to ask.i will be more than happy to answer.
all the best guys.
Arvind

aravind buddula said:
hello,
i started this thread almost an year ago with an intention to provide information for people who are preparing for part 1.
i think a lot of people have questions about part 1 and method of preparation now.
i felt this thread may be helpful.so thought to bring it back.
if anybody has any questions pls feel free to ask.i will be more than happy to answer.
all the best guys.
Arvind
hi
u ve got a great score......ive read the previous posts ......i want to know wat is best.....cbt or paper exam.....im planning to give in july dis yr...but after reading....want to give cbt......please guide......and someone wrote of new format.......clinical application quest.........need all help

prady said:
hi there,
planning 2 take up my NBDEpart 1 CBTby july- mid.still undecided about the date..i've already gone thro' test papers&dental decks twice&kaplan study notes once.should i continue with & revise test papers&decks only or go thro' studymaterials once again how many hours of study should i put in 2 get a decent score?plz.suggest what to do?
moreover,after the exams i wish 2 work in my proffession till i get myself admitted 2 a school.i'm a US citizen,staying in VIRGINIA;I completed my dentistry from INDIA.is there any provisions 4 temporary registration?plz, let me know.prady
hi prady,
which part of virginia ? i m also moving to richmond soon.and i m also taking part 1 in june. plz let me know where r u from. so that we can share our ques. doubts. i think it will will b always good to study in group i mean we can get our doubts clear. actually i m retaking the part1 first time i studied really hard but i got 83% i m bit depressed.
i will really appreciate ur reply
thanks
manik

aravind buddula said:
hi,
BRS is board review series and is not the same as ASDA.it is a kind of text book which gives info in brief.and very useful for physio and path.
i hope it answers ur question.
arvind
hi arvind
CONGRATULATIONS
98 i can never think of such a high score.i read abt BRS. where one can get this BRS. can u plz tell me
i really appreciate ur help
thanks
manik

hi arvind buddula,
first accept my congratulation's !It's really a wonderful score! I too want to achieve this score so plz guide me if I am on the right direction. I was going thru your post and found very useful but confused in one thing. you have mentioned about the ''BOARD REVIEW SERIES''----Is it a question bank or the papers and from where I can buy this book.I am planning to take exam in the month of may 2005 and I have just finished the half part of dental anatomy.I have the dental decks,asda papers but not the kaplan review .I am mostly reading thru the books so,is it useful to buy the kapllan review book or the text books are enough.One morething are unreleased papers also useful.

ginna

hey arvind r u gone sale your kaplan material ,if yes plz let me know the prize and what all things u got.