First Aid NBDE part I 2nd Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCFpremed

Tooth Shucker
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a new edition of the First Aid NBDE part I book. I've read on these forums that the 1st edition contained errors and that people recommended the First Aid for the USMLE as as more thorough book with less error. Has anyone used the 2nd edition of the NBDE part I book yet? Give us some feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a new edition of the First Aid NBDE part I book. I've read on these forums that the 1st edition contained errors and that people recommended the First Aid for the USMLE as as more thorough book with less error. Has anyone used the 2nd edition of the NBDE part I book yet? Give us some feedback.

I have the 2nd edition. it's flawless. minor printing errors but overall it's a superb study guide. biochemistry and metabolism section lacking a bit of infos though so you will need to read it from other resources.

just my 2 cents

I realized that there is only one chapter that is different. Overall, i think it's a lot better than the first one since it has more condensed info and it's a lot thinner than the first one!!!.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the 2nd edition. it's flawless. minor printing errors but overall it's a superb study guide. biochemistry and metabolism section lacking a bit of infos though so you will need to read it from other resources.

just my 2 cents

HEY.
from where do u get second edition ? hv u bought it or downloaded from somewhere ?

There are still errors and it only took me about 20 mins to find the first obvious one.

The paper changed so it's a lighter book. The images are also now smaller for dental anatomy when I compared it to my classmate's.

It does have slightly different wording here and there.

It's nice to have everything in one resource but still lacking in some areas and I commonly found myself referencing decks instead.

I'd still get it for the efficiency aspect of it.

There are still errors and it only took me about 20 mins to find the first obvious one.

The paper changed so it's a lighter book. The images are also now smaller for dental anatomy when I compared it to my classmate's.

It does have slightly different wording here and there.

It's nice to have everything in one resource but still lacking in some areas and I commonly found myself referencing decks instead.

I'd still get it for the efficiency aspect of it.

I agree with you, still lacking in some areas but I like the layout and how it's more organized than any other material.

you can't compare it to decks since decks has been around for over 15 years. decks consultants for part 1 are 7 competent people 4 of them are PhD holders! while the first aid is student to student guide!

I agree with you, still lacking in some areas but I like the layout and how it's more organized than any other material.

you can't compare it to decks since decks has been around for over 15 years. decks consultants for part 1 are 7 competent people 4 of them are PhD holders! while the first aid is student to student guide!

u have a lot of information firasoblast .....but yes ur right everything is given in a condensed form in the decks ..