FL3 C/P KILLED ME!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cali_gurl07

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I died today after doing those C/P questions. My test is in 2 weeks and I am still struggling with organic chem and physics! :(
C/P 125
CARS 128
B/B 129
P/S 128
TOTAL: 510.

Is there any way I can just get my C/P up by like 2 points! I scored a 126 on my last FL so I obviously did worse and I don't know what source to use during my last 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good score. For what it's worth, I scored 2 points higher on the actual MCAT than I did on FL3. I thought FL3 (and FL2 for that matter) had more ochem than usual, and were both harder tests overall

That's a good score. For what it's worth, I scored 2 points higher on the actual MCAT than I did on FL3. I thought FL3 (and FL2 for that matter) had more ochem than usual, and were both harder tests overall
Thank you! That's a relief. Yes I found FL3 to be harder too. Any advice on how to get a good review of Ochem and physics in the last 2 weeks? :)

Do nothing but carbonyl passages, lab techniques passages, substitution reaction passages, and biomolecules passages for the next week. Two weeks is plenty of time to get your organic chemistry up to speed if you power through ten organic passages a day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For physics, you really need to review concepts and unit analysis. I keep telling people that memorizing formulae isn’t good enough. You need to know the basic formulae, but much of the time they will give it to you if it isn’t a basic force/kinematic/energy formula. The concepts and unit analysis are so much more important because then you really don’t have to memorize very much. When you know what the units are and what’s going on, you can get to the right answer most of the time just by analysis.

KA and hyperphysics are awesome for the concepts. The analysis just comes with practice. While doing problems, pay attention to what the units are for each term and how they cancel out/combine, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Th
For physics, you really need to review concepts and unit analysis. I keep telling people that memorizing formulae isn’t good enough. You need to know the basic formulae, but much of the time they will give it to you if it isn’t a basic force/kinematic/energy formula. The concepts and unit analysis are so much more important because then you really don’t have to memorize very much. When you know what the units are and what’s going on, you can get to the right answer most of the time just by analysis.

KA and hyperphysics are awesome for the concepts. The analysis just comes with practice. While doing problems, pay attention to what the units are for each term and how they cancel out/combine, etc.
Thank you! Yeah I am going to focus more on unit analysis cuz that does confuse me. Maybe I can dedicate 2 days solely to physics and do a thorough review.

Do nothing but carbonyl passages, lab techniques passages, substitution reaction passages, and biomolecules passages for the next week. Two weeks is plenty of time to get your organic chemistry up to speed if you power through ten organic passages a day.
Thank you so much! :)

Th

Thank you! Yeah I am going to focus more on unit analysis cuz that does confuse me. Maybe I can dedicate 2 days solely to physics and do a thorough review.

Don't neglect physics. My exam had 5 physics passages. You never know what kind of test you're gonna get.

Reactions: 1 user