Florida c/o 2017 Applicants!

Started by Emiloo4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! My first post in this thread too 🙂
My interview is Saturday at 9:05am as well, so we will be seeing each other for sure! I'm getting pretty anxious/nervous. lol
Yay!! Then I will see you tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it. I will be easy to spot because I have red hair! 🙂
 
It is hard to get OOS spots filled. I know last year all the out of state students who interviewed got either accepted or waitlisted and they still had to move through a large number of OOS waitlist spots to fill the class. We have a large number of OOS seats and a lots of people who are accepted for those spots are accepted at other schools too (one of which may be their IS which means it's a lot cheaper).

Oh ok, so they just waitlist everyone because they expect to pour through the waitlist? I can see that only 5 OOS spots interviewed were actually "denied" but then I think if tons of people were waitlisted that it may not mean much mroe than a rejection? :shrug:

Oh well. I am super duper excited. Much more so than KS or VMRCVM (which makes no sense, since its my IS). If I have to end up a kajillion dollars in debt I would LOVE to do it af Florida
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh ok, so they just waitlist everyone because they expect to pour through the waitlist? I can see that only 5 OOS spots interviewed were actually "denied" but then I think if tons of people were waitlisted that it may not mean much mroe than a rejection? :shrug:

Oh well. I am super duper excited. Much more so than KS or VMRCVM (which makes no sense, since its my IS). If I have to end up a kajillion dollars in debt I would LOVE to do it af Florida

I'm interested as to why UF is your number 1?
 
I'm interested as to why UF is your number 1?

It isnt actually. NCSU is. But I want to focus on exotic animal med, & I loved living in FL when I did so I would much more prefer it than KS if I had to pick where to pay OOS tuition.
 
Anyone else on the interview waitlist hear anything? I'm starting to think it won't happen with this coming weekend the last weekend of interviews. 🙁
 
Anyone else on the interview waitlist hear anything? I'm starting to think it won't happen with this coming weekend the last weekend of interviews. 🙁
Nope! I wish they would tell us our ranking on the list. When I emailed admissions they told me I was in the top half of the list. Of course that means very little without knowing how many people were waitlisted!
 
Did anyone else come out of their interview not feeling confident? I thought I was totally prepared but after the interview I felt like there were some things I could have worded better or said differently to make my interview stronger. Now I am totally freaking out!!!!!! Did anyone else feel this way or did your interviews go great?!?!
 
Did anyone else come out of their interview not feeling confident? I thought I was totally prepared but after the interview I felt like there were some things I could have worded better or said differently to make my interview stronger. Now I am totally freaking out!!!!!! Did anyone else feel this way or did your interviews go great?!?!

I felt like this interview didn't go as well as my last one. I don't think I was as well spoken or professional sounding in this interview, and I felt like a lot of my answers were wishy washy and a bit rambly. I think part of that was the more laid back style of the interview. I didn't think as much about what I said before I said it. And my last interview was all behavioral, but this one had a ton of hypotheticals (too much in my opinion). I feel like it's a bit harder to be succinct and clear when talking about hypothetical situations, because the answers are rarely straightforward and they always try to play devil's advocate and place limits on the scenario so you have to change your answer. But I also think it's normal to second guess things you say after your interview. If you don't, you're probably full of yourself and over confident and didn't do as well as you think you did.
 
Omg thank you! That's exactly how I felt. I didn't feel that I did poorly just not as well as I could have. I'm always someone who over analyzes everything but this is just so important that its really getting to me. I have 3 other interviews but Florida is where I really want to be so naturally I'm in a total panic. It's going to be a long 8 days!!!!
 
Omg thank you! That's exactly how I felt. I didn't feel that I did poorly just not as well as I could have. I'm always someone who over analyzes everything but this is just so important that its really getting to me. I have 3 other interviews but Florida is where I really want to be so naturally I'm in a total panic. It's going to be a long 8 days!!!!

Well, the interview is over now, so try not to stress about it. I always feel like as long as I know that I did my best on something like an interview or a test, then there is no point in stressing because I can't change it now! We'll know how it went next week, and hopefully we all get good news, 🙂.
 
Omg thank you! That's exactly how I felt. I didn't feel that I did poorly just not as well as I could have. I'm always someone who over analyzes everything but this is just so important that its really getting to me. I have 3 other interviews but Florida is where I really want to be so naturally I'm in a total panic. It's going to be a long 8 days!!!!

You always think of things you cold have said differently. It doesn't matter. They want to get a feel for who you are, not how well you word an answer or two. I thought mine went decent/on the bad side last year and I'm currently a first year here. Don't think about it. It's over and there's literally NOTHING you can do about it. Stop driving yourself crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, the interview is over now, so try not to stress about it. I always feel like as long as I know that I did my best on something like an interview or a test, then there is no point in stressing because I can't change it now! We'll know how it went next week, and hopefully we all get good news, 🙂.

You're absolutely right. I'm going to try to do my breathing exercises and calm down 🙂. Hahaha. Good luck everyone!!!
 
Great they said I was a great person to interview as the last one of the day. =)

Which is good cause im sick and exhausted.
 
I think it went really well. The questions were all on here so I had plenty of time to prep. The interviewers were friendly (especially the senior panel member)
 
Great they said I was a great person to interview as the last one of the day. =)

Which is good cause im sick and exhausted.

Oooo I wonder which one you were 🙂. I was so exhausted I barely made it through today. Tours and answering questions for 12 hours wore me out.
 
The quite one with the steel grey shirt under a black suit, probably sporting a weird look or chugging water as I kept trying to suppress coughs lol.
 
The quite one with the steel grey shirt under a black suit, probably sporting a weird look or chugging water as I kept trying to suppress coughs lol.

Haha that actually doesn't narrow it down much. 😉 I'm sure you figured out who I was, there were only two of us in your debriefing lol. I think I was half napping through yours though. I had NO energy left. Looooong day.
 
Any news on whether Jonathan will be sending out decision emails today or tomorrow? I've been checking my email every other minute! Any updates would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!
 
He said they will be sent today or tomorrow. We almost certainly wont hear anything before our decision letters. Last year they came on the 14th which is what im expecting this year so im not going psycho today lol
 
He is emailing us today or tomorrow with the official decisions then sending hard copies to make it official some time later.
 
So excited to hear!!! It was around this time of day last year!!! Wooooo!!! Extra :xf: for Welsh!! <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think I can take another day of this stress! I couldn't sleep at all last night. I've never actually posted anything before, but I'm a frequent snoop haha. Hopefully everything goes well for us all soon!
 
I may have been checking my email about once every 30 seconds while sitting in the airport today. Had nothing else to do, sadly... And the worst part is I can't stop myself from continuing to check it now, even though nothing's going to be coming until tomorrow at this point.
 
Oh man y'all I'm so sorry. I know how stinkin stressful this all is. But I promise you will look back a year from now (can't believe it's been that long already😀 ) and laugh at how neurotic you were 😉. Time flies, so enjoy every minute. Even if its consumed with refreshing your email and SDN. 👍
And I won't even tell you to get some sleep tonight and not worry about it bc that would be completely hypocritical 😳.
 
Emiloo you're such a voice of reason! Thanks for cheering for us 🙂 fingers crossed for good news for everyone tomorrow! I myself think I may have developed GI ulcers from all the stress/anticipation.....
 
I'm a way off from this yet (but way older than most of you, haha), but I am fortunate in that I know someone on the panel and that person is awesome - very approachable and helpful to people like us - so if you got them you probably felt pretty at ease. Good luck everybody!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
non resident. so i know that means my chances are actually pretty good, but the wait will be awful... especially since i don't know where on the list i am 🙁

Last year they had all non resident seats by April 16th ish so you won't have to wait too long! :xf: :luck:
 
Welsh... I'm squirming in my seat, completely ignoring my renal lecture to stalk SDN for your news!!! 😏