-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Florida c/o 2017 Applicants!
Started by Emiloo4
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anyone else get the status update email on here? Did they send out any rejections? I saw on the website that they were sending out some rejections in December....
Hi fellow Maryland-er
Yup, I got the update email as well. Not sure about the rejections in December, but if that's true then I'll consider myself lucky 👍
Hi fellow Maryland-er
Yup, I got the update email as well. Not sure about the rejections in December, but if that's true then I'll consider myself lucky 👍
Someone posted on the rejection thread today about getting an email today.
....so basically I cannot move away from my inbox


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone posted on the rejection thread today about getting an email today.
....so basically I cannot move away from my inbox![]()
Yup that was me! Haha my other friend received one too through email. Remember though no news is good news so try not to drive yourself too crazy over it!! (easier said than done haha)
they sent out rejections today, i got one and I'm in state so it was my best chance of getting in somewhere else
Is this your first cycle? Don't lose hope...I think Florida is trying for more OOS this cycle, or at least, that is what they told me.
Is this your first cycle? Don't lose hope...I think Florida is trying for more OOS this cycle, or at least, that is what they told me.
Please be right. Please be right. Please be right.
Has anyone gotten any updates from UF? The last I heard all files would be scored by admissions committee by the 11th and we'd get emails no later than the 18th.
I'm IS, so I was wondering if anyone else IS has heard anything.
I'm IS, so I was wondering if anyone else IS has heard anything.
Has anyone gotten any updates from UF? The last I heard all files would be scored by admissions committee by the 11th and we'd get emails no later than the 18th.
I'm IS, so I was wondering if anyone else IS has heard anything.
They usually stay pretty true to the dates they give. I think we heard around the 18th last year too. I would just expect that and if something happens sooner than great. But it sounds like you have the answer to your own question. 😀
They usually stay pretty true to the dates they give. I think we heard around the 18th last year too. I would just expect that and if something happens sooner than great. But it sounds like you have the answer to your own question. 😀
I'm getting antsy!/want to hear before the 18th.

I'm getting antsy!/want to hear before the 18th.![]()
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me three! I have today written on my calendar as UF interview notification day from the very first time they told us the dates.. Eeeeek
I'm getting antsy!/want to hear before the 18th.![]()
Me as well! I wish they would just post/send something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most likely itll be the 18th. UF is very acurrate on their time lines.
Like down to the minute. They said after 1pm or something last year and I heard at like 1:07.
Like down to the minute. They said after 1pm or something last year and I heard at like 1:07.
I like their style 😎
I've done well not worrying about admissions since submitting VMCAS in October . . . but with UF's interview invites only FOUR days away I'm getting very antsy. 

Check your emails! Just got one saying I'm waitlisted for an interview..
Check your emails! Just got one saying I'm waitlisted for an interview..
I am also wait listed for the 2nd year in a row. :/
Just got my interview invite! But I can't go because it's the same day as my Ohio State interview... anyone know if Florida is open to letting you change your interview day? They don't specify one way or the other in the email...
Are you IS? Sometimes they will let you come to the OOS interviews the next weekend or vice versa.
Wait listed :-/ soo bummed this was my top choice. What are the chances of moving up on the alternate list? Does anyone know if any were picked last year?
I'm OOS with an interview on the 9th. I really want to go to the Florida interview, but I have to consider the fact that Ohio accepts significantly more OOS students than Florida does, so my chances of getting in are much greater...Are you IS? Sometimes they will let you come to the OOS interviews the next weekend or vice versa.
No email yet for me... officially freaking out.
I'll be compulsively checking emails from now on.
I'll be compulsively checking emails from now on.I got an interview invite! I'm glad they finally sent them out, 🙂. Hopefully I will do better this time around, lol!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm OOS with an interview on the 9th. I really want to go to the Florida interview, but I have to consider the fact that Ohio accepts significantly more OOS students than Florida does, so my chances of getting in are much greater...
You never know. Email Jonathan and let him know, you may be able to come the 2nd instead.
Do we know for sure that all the emails have been sent - yes's, no's, and waitlists? I haven't heard a peep either way. I emailed Lynnette a few days ago and she confirmed that they received my fall transcripts.
Do we know for sure that all the emails have been sent - yes's, no's, and waitlists? I haven't heard a peep either way. I emailed Lynnette a few days ago and she confirmed that they received my fall transcripts.
I'm not sure 🙁 I was just standing outside his office when he came out and said he literally just pressed send. I don't know much beyond that, sorry. I do know that flat out rejection emails went out last week sometime. At least you didn't get one of those

Did you check your spam folder?
Yes, I checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. 🙁
Yes, I checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. 🙁
Boo. I believe they sent wait lists out the day after interview invites last year. I could be totally wrong, but maybe you'll hear something tomorrow?

I'm sorry 🙁
Is there anyone else that hasn't heard anything at all yet? I'd really love to know something... this limbo is driving me nuts.
I was waitlisted for an interview last year, was called for an interview, was waitlisted after the interview, and was ultimately accepted.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, NStarz! How much notification did they give you for the interview/how long were you on the waitlist?
IS, waitlisted, to be honest I'm a little peeved I was waitlisted. I feel like calling up the admissions committee and screaming "What more do you want from me?!" My stats are above average, I have a M.S. in Biology, 2000+ hrs as a tech in a small animal practice...sigh. I even graduated from UF Summa Cum Laude with my bachelor's! Give me a break UF!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check your emails again if you haven't heard anything yet! Mine just came through. 🙂 Got an interview!
Waitlisted for an interview. I'm kind of bummed, but still hopeful! 

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites. To those of you who were waitlisted, don't give up hope. If you were rejected, apply again next year if you don't get scooped up by another school.
Maus, don't give up, but don't forget that everyone that applies has something or lots of things that they think make them more deserving than others. The schools want diversity, not just stellar stats. I hope this doesn't come across as mean, that's not my intention, just trying to shed some light.
Maus, don't give up, but don't forget that everyone that applies has something or lots of things that they think make them more deserving than others. The schools want diversity, not just stellar stats. I hope this doesn't come across as mean, that's not my intention, just trying to shed some light.
Wait-listed second year in a row. Makes me laugh that I have gotten two oos interviews, but can't even get one in my native state. Guess it doesn't help that I go to their rival school haha
Yay another Nole! That worried me too 😉
