For anyone taking the NAPLEX - it's the new one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDelight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're tired of reading the "happy advice" threads posted by people who like to pretend they failed but then somehow score a 130 and repeat the same Bu****** advice over and over again, then read this for the truth (I just left exam at noon):

So I literally just left my exam. I will be honest when saying that I underprepared, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I have been studying for months using RxPrep (videos, which I thought were so useful....at the time AND test bank. I also had some old ProntoPass.) The thing is, I only know how to study for exams a couple weeks away; not months. I also got burnt out around 3rd year and haven't been the same type of student since. I'm smart. I know that. The pitfall is that I am my own worst enemy. So for anyone else like me, that has grown to hate pharmacy because of what the school itself does to you mentally (with its games) and simply realizing pharmacy sucks, then I honestly don't know how to advise you.

I think no individual should take this exam until you feel stable. I get very anxious and I really should have applied for special testing privileges. I'm not exaggerating when I say as soon as I was in front of that computer - my mind blanked. I think spending my entire life taking tests with pen and paper (this might apply to others) is why I find it so hard to take a computer-based exam. Anyways, everything RxPrep "hinted at" was not on there. It also wasn't as heavy on knowing brand names as I expected it to be. For the most part, it used generics. However, I also think this is because I was testing at the level of a 2nd grader and they dumbed down my test to match my abilities. I was doing really well in math at one point and could tell I reached an advanced stage. Unfortunately, I wasted time trying to get this advanced problem correct.

I ended up spending the last half hour of the test (when I was only 100 questions in) just selecting C or B and typing in random numbers whenever a math fill-in questions appeared. I knew I could do these problems too...if only I had time. But I know you get penalized for not finishing and I preferred taking the chance on whizzing through it and hoping some guesses and half assed attempts scored me partial credit. I know I didn't pass.

Here's what I want everyone to know: I don't think any of the study materials that people used earlier this year apply anymore. Nothing I expected to be tested on was asked. NOTHING about safety - the thing I was sure would be everywhere. They did ask TPN and emollient type stuff....but it is NOT what you're expecting it to be. Oh, and know heparin. But again - it's weird and chart based (I explain these screwed up pt charts further down.) Others on here have said to know the compounding "bases" and hinted like they were doing everyone a huge favor. My advice is: pretend you're a compounding pharmacy and know how to mix and in what order. Because that's what was on there. RxPrep certainly didn't ask that. Hence why I am saying....this is the new exam.

The patient charts (which are 8 out of every 10 questions) are really screwed up. The dates aren't in order and they want you to find information for a specific date, but everything is scattered all over the screen. It isn't realistic like: 10/10 visit; 11/17 visit. January then December then some random visit in April stuck in front of them all. I have never seen a patient chart like this, that's for sure. And with this information, once you find it, you're asked "interdisciplinary questions." Analyzing what disease state could have led to this lab value (on a date that will take you five minutes to find); etc. (PS: heparin and this weird layout are related to each other.

My opinion is they already turned TESTING for pharmacy into being a "fake doctor" [- prior to November 1st. It's probably been this way for weeks now because this was not a pharmacy test. This was a screwed up test. And none of my study materials prepared me for. I'm looking over the SDN 2006 calc problems now and yuppp - the questions weren't like that. So I think if you haven't taken it yet - WAIT. Wait until they start making study material for the new one.

Oh and try as hard as possible to have a positive attitude. Since I'm incapable of that; I knew I had no chance.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're tired of reading the "happy advice" threads posted by people who like to pretend they failed but then somehow score a 130 and repeat the same Bu****** advice over and over again, then read this for the truth (I just left exam at noon):

So I literally just left my exam. I will be honest when saying that I underprepared, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I have been studying for months using RxPrep (videos, which I thought were so useful....at the time AND test bank. I also had some old ProntoPass.) The thing is, I only know how to study for exams a couple weeks away; not months. I also got burnt out around 3rd year and haven't been the same type of student since. I'm smart. I know that. The pitfall is that I am my own worst enemy. So for anyone else like me, that has grown to hate pharmacy because of what the school itself does to you mentally (with its games) and simply realizing pharmacy sucks, then I honestly don't know how to advise you.

I think no individual should take this exam until you feel stable. I get very anxious and I really should have applied for special testing privileges. I'm not exaggerating when I say as soon as I was in front of that computer - my mind blanked. I think spending my entire life taking tests with pen and paper (this might apply to others) is why I find it so hard to take a computer-based exam. Anyways, everything RxPrep "hinted at" was not on there. It also wasn't as heavy on knowing brand names as I expected it to be. For the most part, it used generics. However, I also think this is because I was testing at the level of a 2nd grader and they dumbed down my test to match my abilities. I was doing really well in math at one point and could tell I reached an advanced stage. Unfortunately, I wasted time trying to get this advanced problem correct.

I ended up spending the last half hour of the test (when I was only 100 questions in) just selecting C or B and typing in random numbers whenever a math fill-in questions appeared. I knew I could do these problems too...if only I had time. But I know you get penalized for not finishing and I preferred taking the chance on whizzing through it and hoping some guesses and half assed attempts scored me partial credit. I know I didn't pass.

Here's what I want everyone to know: I don't think any of the study materials that people used earlier this year apply anymore. Nothing I expected to be tested on was asked. NOTHING about safety - the thing I was sure would be everywhere. They did ask TPN and emollient type stuff....but it is NOT what you're expecting it to be. Oh, and know heparin. But again - it's weird and chart based (I explain these screwed up pt charts further down.) Others on here have said to know the compounding "bases" and hinted like they were doing everyone a huge favor. My advice is: pretend you're a compounding pharmacy and know how to mix and in what order. Because that's what was on there. RxPrep certainly didn't ask that. Hence why I am saying....this is the new exam.

The patient charts (which are 8 out of every 10 questions) are really screwed up. The dates aren't in order and they want you to find information for a specific date, but everything is scattered all over the screen. It isn't realistic like: 10/10 visit; 11/17 visit. January then December then some random visit in April stuck in front of them all. I have never seen a patient chart like this, that's for sure. And with this information, once you find it, you're asked "interdisciplinary questions." Analyzing what disease state could have led to this lab value (on a date that will take you five minutes to find); etc. (PS: heparin and this weird layout are related to each other.

My opinion is they already turned TESTING for pharmacy into being a "fake doctor" [- prior to November 1st. It's probably been this way for weeks now because this was not a pharmacy test. This was a screwed up test. And none of my study materials prepared me for. I'm looking over the SDN 2006 calc problems now and yuppp - the questions weren't like that. So I think if you haven't taken it yet - WAIT. Wait until they start making study material for the new one.

Oh and try as hard as possible to have a positive attitude. Since I'm incapable of that; I knew I had no chance.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

Hi. I just came across your forum
Did you end up passing?