This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted874602

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been accepted into Columbia’s postbacc program. It seems great, but it’s VERY expensive. Around $80,000 for the two years (which I can pay for but yikes). Fordham also has a postbacc which is significantly cheaper. But I can’t seem to get a good sense of how much of an advantage I would be at going to Columbia. Is Columbia worth the investment for the name, linkages, connections, academic rigor, etc? Or am I better off just taking the classes at Fordham and being a bigger fish in a smaller pond? I’m just trying to get a feel for what admissions really values!