Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can somebody please advice how to approach Medical Management (SOAP) section of CPE.Any books/resources to prepare for this section. .Any help would be deeply appreciable.Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm studying to the BSCE..
I do Zuku questions- but they are for the NAVLE. Is that O.K.? and... is that enough?
What elsr? where else from? I'm in CA, L.A., if someone wants to join me and study together?!?!?!
:thumbup:

I do Zuku questions- but they are for the NAVLE. Is that O.K.? and... is that enough?
What elsr? where else from? I'm in CA, L.A., if someone wants to join me and study together?!?!?!

Hi, I'm at LA also, send me a email [email protected]

hey i am in maryland US, i am currently preparing for BCSE. i will not mind there is some one interested to be a study partner . cheers

Just to throw that out there....I'm a soon to be graduate of St. Matthew's University School of Veterinary Medicine (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands) and took the BCSE this past August. The exam isn't that bad at all. I did a number of VetPrep questions and found by just doing questions I was able to review well enough.

Just a thought :)

J

Hi did you do the NAVLE questions they offer or specific BSCE question?
thanks!

How to place '(Technique) disposable laparotomy drape to cover the patient and instrument tray, and fenestrate during an ovariohystrectomy...any video/material..please suggest..

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the syllabus of this exam? please help....

is anyone know good source for surgery review preparing for NAVLE? i do apperciate

Is there any way to get scholarships from other country for Bangladeshi Students? I am going to finish my graduation in 2013.Is there any one to say about this?

Hi Michalron,

I am in Denver, CO and would like to study together. Send me a message at [email protected].
Thanks.

Does anybody studying for California state board?

Hi all,

I'm enrolled in PAVE and getting into step4 of the program with an year clinical training.

Can anyone who have gone through the clinical training programs offered for foreign vets give me any ideas how the training's like? Any recommendations for schools?

Thanks for your help.
VetYoko

Cali. State board

Thought someone would help me here.....but worthless try......

Last edited:
Harri, I completely agree with you..you hardly get help on this forum..people who pass the exam..they forget that even a single sentence of help may be life changing for others in transition but once you become a licensed vet..you simply don't remain the same..Dr DVMJakish use to help in a real way of spirit but he is also getting busy now a days..Try contacting him..and lets make sure once our journey is over..we don't become timelacking snobs..

Also, there's not a lot of people checking this thread. Most people re on the pre-veterinary forum. Maybe you can ask a question there?

is there anybody preparing PAVE for vet licencing. i m looking for somebody who has gone clinical year for the pave 4th step. i just want to know how competent a person should be for this. i m going from july 2012..

thanks, I appreciate for your time to write this msg.

Harri, I completely agree with you..you hardly get help on this forum..people who pass the exam..they forget that even a single sentence of help may be life changing for others in transition but once you become a licensed vet..you simply don't remain the same..Dr DVMJakish use to help in a real way of spirit but he is also getting busy now a days..Try contacting him..and lets make sure once our journey is over..we don't become timelacking snobs..

any body preparing for NAVLE or CPE send me message

thankyou for accepting me as member in this forum,

i am preparing for CPE retake exam,in small animall animal medicine and surgery
any one going to appear for mississippi in sep 2012?

how u all prepare small animal medicine?

I just want wish everybody that is taking NAVLE good luck, I am taking in two days and I know most people will be this or next week, so I wish the best to everyone, I know we worked hard for this and now that is close seems heavier than ever, but we got this far let's run the final miles ...

Experience of spay in US for ECFVG candidates.I have heard that some shelters offer externship and charge...any inputs please...

Hello everyone,
I'm preparing for the BCSE, which I'm going to take after joining the AVMA this year.
I would be glad for any advice on the test. What materials are the best to study?

Hello Folks.I am preparing for Small Animl,Food Animal and Equine Retake.In the first attempt i failed very badly.I did not have good material and guidance to study for CPE.I will really appreciate if some one guide me how to prepare for these sections and what material is usefull to study.If any one wants to study together please contatact me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody knows about BCSE- what is the min percentage of questions for passing? Thanks

Hello everyone,
I'm preparing for the BCSE, which I'm going to take after joining the AVMA this year.
I would be glad for any advice on the test. What materials are the best to study?
Please check my webiste at yoko.ambrosini.us and go to "share your experience" section. There you can find the study materials that people used to pass BCSE(ECFVG) or QE(PAVE)

Thanks

Hello everyone, wondering if someone here is taking the CPE in Calgary, Alberta during the week of May 14, 2012. or if someone has taken the exam recently there?
Thanks in advance

Hey guys

I just love the website that dvm Jakish wa so kind to make to help us all with study material...the only thing is that on the cpe part, I can not click on some of the links, like small anmals and surgery...does anybody know about how to access those links?

its worth to see his website!
THANK YOU DVM JAKISH

YOU ARE THE BEST:)

Hello everyone, wondering if someone here is taking the CPE in Calgary, Alberta during the week of May 14, 2012. or if someone has taken the exam recently there?
Thanks in advance

Hi Parthur;
Hi everyone,

I'm at the very first step of the road to be certified in Alberta!
:confused:+pity++pity+
Please advice me!

I'm writing TOEFL iBT; however, some said CAEL and IELTS are more fair!

Is there anyway to take BCSE before accomplishing the required language score?

(I'm thinking that studying for BCSE will improve my English and then I'll write language exam)

Good luck Parthur with CPE
:xf:
PS If you have materials for BCSE/NAVLE I'm interested!

pls tell me how where i can check every day question

Hi There,
Go to Zuku review website: http://zukureview.com/study_resources.php and subscribe to "question of the day" - this will send question for NAVLE/BCSE revision to your e-mail every day!
Good luck

Hey Austin

What are the steps one needs to follow to get licenced to practice in the USA and the in a specific State?
I am also from South Africa and have graduated in 2010. I will be relocating to California in the near future.

Hi Jeanne,

Sorry about the VERY belated reply! Hadn't checked the site for ages, and assumed any reply/request whould be sent to my e-mail, which it is not.
My advice would be to contact the ECFVG and start the process asap, at it takes months to get through the 4-step process. You will also be required to sit the NAVLE, but can only apply for this once you have passed Step 3 of the ECFVG program - so get this started as soon as you can! As far as I know, California also has a state board exam which you will need to pass in addition to the ECFVG and the NAVLE, but not all states have a board exam.
Hope this helps!
Anna

<p>Hi Everyone</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I have NVMS (National Veterinary Medical Series) Books for Sale - in brand new condition, no marks or notes. Great for BCSE and NAVLE Review</p>
<p>The following books are for sale:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Large Animal Internal Medicine</p>
<p>Pharmacology</p>
<p>Small Animal Internal Medicine - Case management test booklet</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested</p>

Last edited:
Hello Every veterinarians from all over the world!

I am seeking for equine internship (or externship. Actually I don't know these difference...) in Canada, UK, NZ or Australia.
I select these countries because I think I can work there with "Working Holiday" VISA.
But I worry that I don't have working experience in vet clinic even both equine and small animal field.
Although I have some equine handling and riding experience, but not so much.
I found some horse ranch or club accepting internship but I wanna internship at vet hospital.

Please give me advice about the possibility of my acceptance, the equine clinic that has internship program for international applicants, or what to do to ready for such an internship.

Please check my webiste at yoko.ambrosini.us and go to "share your experience" section. There you can find the study materials that people used to pass BCSE(ECFVG) or QE(PAVE)

Thanks
Thank you very much for the link. There is plenty of usefull stuff on that website that I am going to use for my studying.:)