Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,

I have a question. Can foreign veterinarians after passing State Board exam here in USA and having license, do practice in UK or they have to pass MRCVS too??
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

HI Dunavet, do you still have any of your notes / study material? If you can, I can take them off your hands. Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI Vet Yoko, I have been visiting your website and I think it is fab ! THank you so much for sharing knowledge !

Hi, I am preparing for NAVLE widow of NOV-Dec- 2012. If interested in preparation then we can prepare...as a team.

Hi all,

I'm enrolled in PAVE and getting into step4 of the program with an year clinical training.

Can anyone who have gone through the clinical training programs offered for foreign vets give me any ideas how the training's like? Any recommendations for schools?

Thanks for your help.
VetYoko
since you pass the QE exam, what is the studying material that help you pass it ? because i am going to take that test next september, thanx

Hi, do we get a calculator when we are examining for the BCSE??? :(

Hi guys I'm new in the forum....just a few words...if you haven't pass the english section you should try IELTS instead of TOEFL.......... I took BCSE last month and I failed it..... I think ZUKU review is great but you have to study it very meticulosly other wise you'll be in big trouble the day of your BCSE test...... if you have any question call me 8018605754 or e-mail me [email protected]...

Carlos

So, I'm studying to the BSCE..
I do Zuku questions- but they are for the NAVLE. Is that O.K.? and... is that enough?
What elsr? where else from? I'm in CA, L.A., if someone wants to join me and study together?!?!?!
:thumbup:
Hey I just took the BCSE test... have you?? ......send me an e-mail [email protected] or call me 8018605754.......we'll help one to another

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I just took the BCSE test... have you?? ......send me an e-mail [email protected] or call me 8018605754.......we'll help one to another
Hey carlisimo ! I have recently passed TOEFL and now preparing for BCSC. I have been told to study different books like Merk manual, NVMS series, couple of books from Pasquini etc. Practically It is hard to read and memorize everything in those books. I am confused. Would you please guide me what should I do??? Thanks

Hi guys, it seems that, unless you also have a certification as a veterinary technician, it is very difficult to find a VT job in North America, as many states don't allow foreign doctors to work as vet techs (some clinics might allow you, but this is an exception rather than the rule, and many local doctors don't seem to like foreign doctors...) So I was thinking to take bcse and navle and they to apply for a limited license, where to work as a vet under supervision, until I take cpe. But I would need a local doctor to grant me a limited license. Do you think this is a good idea/will be easier to find a job like that? Maybe someone who was in a similar situation can help. I really don't know what to do and any advice would be great.

Hi all

I would thank your advice here:

1. Just in theory, if each one of the 4 steps goes smoothly and successfully achieved, with all the paperwork ready and delivered, how fast a candidate can finish the ECFVG accreditation? It is possible (again if all is good) to do it in 1 year time?

2. Currently, how long is the waiting list to sit the CPE one 1,2,3 are completed?

Thank you for your input past, current, and future candidates!

Cheers

call me or write to my e-mail......i'll be happy to help you that way

Hey carlisimo ! I have recently passed TOEFL and now preparing for BCSC. I have been told to study different books like Merk manual, NVMS series, couple of books from Pasquini etc. Practically It is hard to read and memorize everything in those books. I am confused. Would you please guide me what should I do??? Thanks

Call me or write to my e-mail i"ll be happy to help you that way

I have a BCSE in August, 2012, and it would be great to have a study partner on phone/skype or in person if you are in the Triangle area of North Carolina.

Hey carlisimo ! I'm preparing for TOEFL now and I would like to start reading for BCSC. I have the list with all the books for preparation for the exam, but I think it's too hard to read and memorize everything. I need a help. Would you please guide me what should I read exactly for this exam.
Elena
Thanks

Hi, do we get a calculator when we are examining for the BCSE??? :(

Hi There, you are not able to take a calculator into the BCSE exam, but can use the one on the computer screen for calculations, so don't worry! best of luck

Hi Everyone

I have NVMS (National Veterinary Medical Series) Books for Sale - in brand new condition, no marks or notes. Great for BCSE and NAVLE Review
The following books are for sale:

Large Animal Internal Medicine
Small Animal Internal Medicine
Pharmacology
Small Animal Internal Medicine - Case management test booklet

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested

Hi all

I would thank your advice here:

1. Just in theory, if each one of the 4 steps goes smoothly and successfully achieved, with all the paperwork ready and delivered, how fast a candidate can finish the ECFVG accreditation? It is possible (again if all is good) to do it in 1 year time?

2. Currently, how long is the waiting list to sit the CPE one 1,2,3 are completed?

Thank you for your input past, current, and future candidates!

Cheers

Hi there,

I have just completed CPE and am currently awaiting results. From my initial step 1, the process has thus far taken me 12 months, but can be significantly longer if you need to repeat one or more steps.
Waiting time for CPE exam varies, as the exam can be taken at multiple exam sites in North America. Unfortunately you are only elegible to apply for the CPE (and thus start/be informed of the waiting period)once you have completed steps 1,2,3 of the ECFVG as well as the NAVLE (which is only offered 2 times per year - around April and November/December)so this is also a rate-limiting step in the process.

Hope this helps & best of luck!

Call me or write to my e-mail i"ll be happy to help you that way

Hi,
I have NVMS books for sale if you are interested (I used them to study for BCSE and NAVLE)
Books are in 'brand new' condition, no marks or notes. Great for BCSE and NAVLE Review
The following books are for sale:

Large Animal Internal Medicine
Small Animal Internal Medicine
Pharmacology
Small Animal Internal Medicine - Case management test booklet

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested

Hi there,

I have just completed CPE and am currently awaiting results. From my initial step 1, the process has thus far taken me 12 months, but can be significantly longer if you need to repeat one or more steps.
Waiting time for CPE exam varies, as the exam can be taken at multiple exam sites in North America. Unfortunately you are only elegible to apply for the CPE (and thus start/be informed of the waiting period)once you have completed steps 1,2,3 of the ECFVG as well as the NAVLE (which is only offered 2 times per year - around April and November/December)so this is also a rate-limiting step in the process.

Hi Austin898

Thanks for your post. It clarifies me that in theory is possible to pass all steps in 12 months as I wish be your case. Good luck with your CPE results.

:thumbup:

Hi there,

Hi Austin 898!
I just read that you have already taken the CPE. Could you share your experience? How did you get prepared for it? How did you feel during the examinations? If you don't mind, I'll be happy to know about your experience and recomendations. I already passed the BCSE, so I'm now preparing for NAVLE and want to prepare for the CPE at the same time.
Thank you and I hope you get good news from your CPE results!

Hi Austin 898!
I just read that you have already taken the CPE. Could you share your experience? How did you get prepared for it? How did you feel during the examinations? If you don't mind, I'll be happy to know about your experience and recomendations. I already passed the BCSE, so I'm now preparing for NAVLE and want to prepare for the CPE at the same time.
Thank you and I hope you get good news from your CPE results!

Hi there,
I prepared for the CPE mostly by practical experience - I am a small animal vet so I made sure to spend some time with large animal practitioners and revise large animal skills/procedures. Once you apply for the CPE the AVMA will send you a CPE Manual of Adminstration which will give you information on the examination sections and format, use this as your guide for exam preparation. The most improtant piece of advice I would give anyone on taking the CPE is to have a way to deal with stress...try to stay calm and collected and most importantly don't panic if you make a mistake.
Thank you for the well wishes and best of luck with your NAVLE and CPE!

Hi there,
I prepared for the CPE mostly by practical experience - I am a small animal vet so I made sure to spend some time with large animal practitioners and revise large animal skills/procedures. Once you apply for the CPE the AVMA will send you a CPE Manual of Adminstration which will give you information on the examination sections and format, use this as your guide for exam preparation. The most improtant piece of advice I would give anyone on taking the CPE is to have a way to deal with stress...try to stay calm and collected and most importantly don't panic if you make a mistake.
Thank you for the well wishes and best of luck with your NAVLE and CPE!
Austi898,
Thank you for posting. Your post is very encouraging. However, you said your a small animal practitioner, right? Where do you practice? How long ago was it? How long?
Your career seems to tell me that I really have to volunteer in a clinic or hospital and be there for a long period of time before taking CPE. Your answer would be greatly appreciated.

Vic

Hi, I am a veterinarian from Brazil. I have applied for the ECFVG test , I have been studying for a few months , zuku review and several books. In addition, I have been watching the NAVLE preparations videos by the University of Florida. All videos were available on the futurevows.com homepage. Unfortunately, the home page is not available. I would like yo know if you can suggest other home page. These videos are very helpful. Thanks

Hello, I have a question to all licensed US / Canadian Veterinarians, If a foreign trained veterinarian pass BCSE and NAVLE with CVMA, and he pass CPE in Canada. then in future if he or she want to practice in US, then does he or she need to retake entire CPE in US with AVMA/ECfVG ? (I know BCSE and NAVLE are recogenized in both countries, but does AVMA / ecfvg accept CPE passing score taken in Canada with CVMA ? Thanks.

Hi fellow foreign vet grads.

I'm studying to take the NAVLE in Nov-Dec 2012 and I'm giving myself the ultimatum that passing it will be the basis as to whether I'll continue with the CPE or not.

I'm really tempted to just go home (Philippines) and start my own practice, especially with the economy tanking here in the US and the discrimination against foreign grads (can't even be considered for an tech job if they require an RVT, which is completely ignorant of them).

Anyway, if there's any of you from the Bay Area / San Jose let me know because I would love to rant about it more (kidding), I mean, study for upcoming exams together and figure out where to go for CPE training.

My email is [email protected]

I used Zuku subscription specifically for the BCSE, the questions are a little different when preparing for the BCSE compared to the NAVLE.

I am looking for VCRC books if some one wants to sell them. Strange thing is that i am unable to find them on internet. their website link is not working? is it my connection or same for every one.

Regards,

Hi. I'm a foreign veterinary graduate.I'm enrolled en the ECFVG program of the AVMA to get my licence. I would like to contact another foreign vets enrolled in the same program to interchange experiences and information or any other vet who can give some information about groups of study or material available before I take the boards.
Hope to hear from you soon !

hi all wish the best of luck for everybody I am preparing to take NAVLE if anyone has source for surgery and anaesthesia let me know email me at [email protected]

Austi898,
Thank you for posting. Your post is very encouraging. However, you said your a small animal practitioner, right? Where do you practice? How long ago was it? How long?
Your career seems to tell me that I really have to volunteer in a clinic or hospital and be there for a long period of time before taking CPE. Your answer would be greatly appreciated.

Vic

Hi Vic,
I have been in small animal practice in Australia for 6 years before moving to the USA and taking the CPE, but everyone's experience and ability level varies. My advice would be to be completely familiar with and competent in performing the procedures outlined in the Manual of Administration for the CPE (which you will receive when you are eligible for CPE application) before taking the exam.
In order to acheive this you may need to spend some time volunteering/assisting in areas that you feel you need to revise/refresh your skills in...you will know what they are!
Best of luck

Vic[/QUOTE]

Hello, I have a question to all licensed US / Canadian Veterinarians, If a foreign trained veterinarian pass BCSE and NAVLE with CVMA, and he pass CPE in Canada. then in future if he or she want to practice in US, then does he or she need to retake entire CPE in US with AVMA/ECfVG ? (I know BCSE and NAVLE are recogenized in both countries, but does AVMA / ecfvg accept CPE passing score taken in Canada with CVMA ? Thanks.

I am not sure about this. I would recommend that you contact the AVMA regarding this matter, or the Board of Veterinary medicine in the US State that you wish to practice in.

I am looking for VCRC books if some one wants to sell them. Strange thing is that i am unable to find them on internet. their website link is not working? is it my connection or same for every one.

Regards,

I have NVMS books for sale which I used for these exams earlier this year. Let me know if you are interested.

Hey carlisimo ! I'm preparing for TOEFL now and I would like to start reading for BCSC. I have the list with all the books for preparation for the exam, but I think it's too hard to read and memorize everything. I need a help. Would you please guide me what should I read exactly for this exam.
Elena
Thanks

Hi Elena!

I am also planing to take BCSE sometimes in NOV or DEC. can u ps send me list of those books. :
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
I have NVMS books for sale which I used for these exams earlier this year. Let me know if you are interested.

I have NVMS series of book. appreciate offering though!

Regards,

Hi, I am a veterinarian from Brazil. I have applied for the ECFVG test , I have been studying for a few months , zuku review and several books. In addition, I have been watching the NAVLE preparations videos by the University of Florida. All videos were available on the futurevows.com homepage. Unfortunately, the home page is not available. I would like yo know if you can suggest other home page. These videos are very helpful. Thanks

Hi! lets share some ideas. Am also preparing for BCSE. Great if you send me list of books you are studying for the exam.

Thanks

hi,
I will take NAVLE in Dec. working on vetprep and vet videos now. I am from Taiwan and currently in NJ. Is anyone interested in getting a study group? Maybe on FB or skype so that we can discuss some questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.My email is [email protected]

Hi everyone,
I am taking the BCSE in November 2012 this is the 3rd time, I dont think I studied enough the last 2 times because I was busy working but now I quit my job and I hope I'll pass this time, I need a study partner in the area of New York or any advice about the study techniques, am having a really hard time memorizing what I read. I am using ZUKU only now and I have only 2 months to the exam. please any help is highly appreciated
contact me at [email protected] 347-543-1315
* some of the questions were repeated, if anyone remember anything from the exam that would help too.

Thanks

Just wondering if any one is giving CPE or already wrote CPE at Tufts????? I am going to appear in just 2 months at Tufts for CPE

hi
houria ,i also prepare navle but for april 2013 ,do you want to make a study group with me.

Hi guys I finally passed the BCSE test and I'm getting ready for NAVLE in April 2013....... I know a couple people that want to do a study group......again my phone number is 8018605754 I'm living in Utah and my e-mail is [email protected] ......my plan now is getting some experience in an American School and that way I'll be prepare for CPE .....For NAVLE I'm in ZUKU and reading books.............If you need suggestions or want to give me suggestions just contact me.....:cool: