Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi All,
I am preparing for NAVLE and looking for a study partner in southern CA . I am hoping to be able to take the test either in December this year or April next year.

Thank you
Labvet70

Members don't see this ad.

so does anybody know about this rotations at the university in alabama?i im gonna take CPE november 2015...(is anyone interested to form study group by the way)i would be really interested in some rotation or programs at the university and at "decent"price..i know there is one in mississpi but it takes 8 months i think its too long..vetstep in canada is 4 months of lectures and only 3 weeks of field work.....so you pay about 17 k plus you need to find externship at the vet clinic anyway because they dont prepare you to practical exam...does anybody hear sometging about this 1 week big animal externship in south carolina?

Hi everyone, I have read most of the posts in this forum to decide what to do without asking the same questions. I decided to do PAVE. I am in Brazil now, and starting my studies. How much time are you guys going to study before taking the QE or BCSE? If there is anyone who is interested in a study group on skype.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

It's so good to find this forum. Making me feel that I am not alone in this long process of US vet licensing.

I am doing PAVE program. And I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea about the 4th step, Evaluated clinical experience?
Which school did you go to? How's your experience about it? And the tuition cost of it?

Just feels that there is not much insider information about this step.

Thank you all!!

Hey! Did you pass the QE? How was that? I am preparing myself for it.

Thanks

Any one preparing for BCSE exam ? I am from India, failed BCSE exam last year by 100 marks .. now again preparing for BCSE exam. Please add me in BCSE study group [email protected] thanks.

Last edited:
so does anybody know about this rotations at the university in alabama?i im gonna take CPE november 2015...(is anyone interested to form study group by the way)i would be really interested in some rotation or programs at the university and at "decent"price..i know there is one in mississpi but it takes 8 months i think its too long..vetstep in canada is 4 months of lectures and only 3 weeks of field work.....so you pay about 17 k plus you need to find externship at the vet clinic anyway because they dont prepare you to practical exam...does anybody hear sometging about this 1 week big animal externship in south carolina?
Hey ! I am taking CPE in August, any interest in doing combined preparations ??

Hi everyone,

It's so good to find this forum. Making me feel that I am not alone in this long process of US vet licensing.

I am doing PAVE program. And I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea about the 4th step, Evaluated clinical experience?
Which school did you go to? How's your experience about it? And the tuition cost of it?

Just feels that there is not much insider information about this step.

Thank you all!!
Hi, I have the same situation. Just finished my NAVLE last week. Looking for possible internship for 1 year. Please email me at [email protected] for more discussions. I live in New Jersey. Elaine

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum. I've passed the BCSE this winter and I've just taken the NAVLE. Is there an expiration for the BCSE score? I'm pregnant so I don't know when I'm able to take the CPE... I've already contacted the AVMA with an email but they didn't answer yet.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I'm new to post to this forum too, although I’ve been lurking for quite a while and am very grateful for all the advice shared here. I started the ECFVG process a year and a half ago and I took the NAVLE a couple weeks ago. I'm really hoping I passed, but I'm a little bit worried, because I didn't really have time to study. Its agonizing having to wait for the results.
I work full time in public health rather than practice and it’s been 2 years since my clinical year. I would also like to start preparing in earnest for the CPE and join a study group. My email is kuivaanappulaa at gmail.com

Hello,
I am a veterinarian in Brazil, and I am taking the CPE in vegas november 2015. If anyone is interested in Exchange information, feel free to contact me!

For the ones taking the BCSE and the NAVLE: for the BCSE (which I took in 2012) I studied my school notes and the merck manual, and I passed in my first try. For the NAVLE (2013)I tried studying the same way, but I failed by 3 points, so for my next try I used Vetprep, and I passed with flying colors! I recommend using vetprep!

Now I am preparing for the CPE studying everything that is in the MOA, also getting the most hands-on experience I can.

Hello everyone!
Anyone has an experience with appealing CPE results?

Yes in Alabama they charge you 250 a week for a practice for the CPE. You can choose small animal or large animal. You can divide it anyway you want and take as many weeks in large or small animal as you want.

Hello INDIAVET
I am preparing for BCSE I am interested in a study group Please write me and we can study together
Thank you

Yes in Alabama they charge you 250 a week for a practice for the CPE. You can choose small animal or large animal. You can divide it anyway you want and take as many weeks in large or small animal as you want.
you mean the university at tuskegee?do you have any further information or which dept i should contact or who?or do you know anyone who attended this rotations?i would be gratefull for any more info....

Hey ! I am taking CPE in August, any interest in doing combined preparations ??
I am a veterinary surgeons, I live in Los Angeles and my idea is to prepare with somebody the practical exam CPE, I have lots of experience in Small animal and some in Large Animal. My plan is to take the exam in July 2015. Please feel free to contact with me if you are in USA.

I am a veterinary surgeons, I live in Los Angeles and my idea is to prepare with somebody the practical exam CPE, I have lots of experience in Small animal and some in Large Animal. My plan is to take the exam in July 2015. Please feel free to contact with me if you are in USA.
Hey ! Can you give me your Skype ID or cell number. Please PM me. I have already sent you an email . Thanks

hey guys
I passed CPE finally got my certificate two weeks ago, I prepared well reading books on Anesthesia (Diane Mckilvey), 5 min consult and clinical vet advisor, Pasquini LAM and Rose manual Equine, and videos. One of my friends referred me to this place in San Diego that was very helpful. My strong recommendation is do good basic work on understanding all the techniques and medicine. But expose yourself to practically trying these. Remember that not everything they do in hospital is what you need to pass the exam. The exam expectations are totally different, be sure to get yourself evaluated before doing a 6600 $ exam. For me training at a hospital in san diego was very helpful, it was a good experience at least gave me a good idea. Feel free to contact me if you need any info. Now I need to look for a job. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I have read most of the posts in this forum to decide what to do without asking the same questions. I decided to do PAVE. I am in Brazil now, and starting my studies. How much time are you guys going to study before taking the QE or BCSE? If there is anyone who is interested in a study group on skype.
Since this post is 2 years old,how did you do? did you finish the PAVE program?

Hi bkrvet,

According to the PAVE website, I thought there are at least 6 vet schools that are accepting PAVE candidates.
Here's the web page: https://www.aavsb.org/PAVE/ClinicalExperience/
But who knows how big the odds are of getting into them.

I am preparing for the QE right now. Planning to sit in on January, 2015.
How about you?

Cheers!
Seeing as it's it's May now,How did you do on the QE and did you get accepted into a school for the clinical proficiency yet?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone can recommend the books you used for theoretical preparation for CPE?

hey guys
I passed CPE finally got my certificate two weeks ago, I prepared well reading books on Anesthesia (Diane Mckilvey), 5 min consult and clinical vet advisor, Pasquini LAM and Rose manual Equine, and videos. One of my friends referred me to this place in San Diego that was very helpful. My strong recommendation is do good basic work on understanding all the techniques and medicine. But expose yourself to practically trying these. Remember that not everything they do in hospital is what you need to pass the exam. The exam expectations are totally different, be sure to get yourself evaluated before doing a 6600 $ exam. For me training at a hospital in san diego was very helpful, it was a good experience at least gave me a good idea. Feel free to contact me if you need any info. Now I need to look for a job. Good luck to all.
i want to ask about this book 5 minute vet consult -you mean canine and feline?or also big animals and this book is issued in few differnt colors (i mean cover)green ,orange ,yellow...whats the difference?and about equine manual pasquini lam and rose- i coudnt find anything like this online....and diane mckilvey anasthesia and anaglesia small animals ?

NAVLE preppers !!!!!

What ever book you read, what ever site you visit (Zuku/Vetprep), definitely definitely do online NVMBE practice questions. It is highly recommended.
https://www.nbvme.org/navle-general-information/practice-versions/

Hey Germanterrier,
This kind of self-assessment can be done more than one time? Do the questions very very similar for the real test? If i retake sometimes.....questions are the same or different?
Thanks for sharing this information!
Vet.calgary

Anyone who already passed BCSE and Navle can tell us how more difficult is Navle than BCSE?

I've done my BCSE and i think is was difficult, asking for a lot of details. Is just BCSE a mini Navle and I need to focus in go deeply on the subjects or it is completely different?

Hey Germanterrier,
This kind of self-assessment can be done more than one time? Do the questions very very similar for the real test? If i retake sometimes.....questions are the same or different?
Thanks for sharing this information!
Vet.calgary
Yes !! you can do as many times as you want but I would advise to do that only once you think that you have completed your 80 % of the preparation. PM me your skype ID or cell number. I will tell you how to prepare and what books need to be read. This might help you in your future exam.
Important thing about NAVLE is do NOT study everything. ONLY do focused study, and you will pass, I assure you.

Hallo all! :woot:

I haven't used this forum before although I heard of it. I am foreign vet doing ECFVG program here.

I started last year in February with TOEFL test. What to say about that except that it was not hard to pass if you stick to the strict form they have recommended in all of their books. In my country we where encouraged to be innovate and different so it was hard for me at first to grasp this new concept of doing things by certain scheme.
That being said, I had hard time passing the written part duo to my really bad spelling. I took the exam 3 times (20, 21 and finally 22 points! from writing :bang:)

In April I passed test for technician which was very easy and I vent trough just half of ZUKU for vet. tech.

In October 2014 I took BCSE test and failed. I studied from ZUKU review for BCSE and Merk book. In November I passed it by going only trough addicional NAVLE tests in ZUKU. The questions for NAVLE were a little harder but more similar to the test. So I would recommend to study NAVLE samples for BCSE as well.

Finally I applied for CPE for this October in Las Vegas.

If anyone is preparing for CPE right now please contact me.

If anyone who past the CPE exam is reading this posts please share your experience. Any info is a good info!

Hello,
I am a veterinarian in Brazil, and I am taking the CPE in vegas november 2015. If anyone is interested in Exchange information, feel free to contact me!

For the ones taking the BCSE and the NAVLE: for the BCSE (which I took in 2012) I studied my school notes and the merck manual, and I passed in my first try. For the NAVLE (2013)I tried studying the same way, but I failed by 3 points, so for my next try I used Vetprep, and I passed with flying colors! I recommend using vetprep!

Now I am preparing for the CPE studying everything that is in the MOA, also getting the most hands-on experience I can.

HI I M GOING THERE IN OCT 2015 LETS SHARE KNOWLEDGE
[email protected]

i want to ask about this book 5 minute vet consult -you mean canine and feline?or also big animals and this book is issued in few differnt colors (i mean cover)green ,orange ,yellow...whats the difference?and about equine manual pasquini lam and rose- i coudnt find anything like this online....and diane mckilvey anasthesia and anaglesia small animals ?

HI esaji yes its same book .. colors are from different editions 2011 u have to buy others are free to download just google

I found this website where they say that they have all you need to know for CPE test extracted and supported with selection of videos?
Did anyone used it? Or does anyone have any info about it?
http://dvmprep.org/

Reactions: 1 user
I found this website where they say that they have all you need to know for CPE test extracted and supported with selection of videos?
Did anyone used it? Or does anyone have any info about it?
http://dvmprep.org/
DID YOU TRY THAT PAGE? I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT BUT I HAVENT FOUND ANYONE THAT HAS TRIED THAT SITE BEFORE? I'M TAKING THE CPE IN 3WEEKS AND WILL LIKE TO HAVE MORE STUDYING IN SMALL ANIMAL.