cara susanna

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2008
Midwest
Status
Psychologist
I'll be in the process of moving into our new house. It's my first time being a homeowner so I'm super excited. Also, this should be the last move for a long time.

Reactions: PsyDr
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Heading off tomorrow on a weekend backpacking trip with my beautiful bride to tiny cabin on the side of a mountain in Vermont. Packing the snowshoes and cross country skis, just in case. Also got the box of wine- you can take the bag out and fit it nicely in the backpack- plus Rummikub and Skip-Bo! Checked a few books out of the library- Barbary Station by RE Stevens and New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson. Space opera and prospective fiction, respectively. Any of you read them? I’ll post a review next week, assuming I haven’t been eaten by Yetis or snared by angry isolationist Bernie supporters who have take to the wilds until 2020!

Reactions: msgeorgeeliot

erg923

Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Louisville, KY
Status
Psychologist
I'll be in the process of moving into our new house. It's my first time being a homeowner so I'm super excited. Also, this should be the last move for a long time.
Ugh...dont be! If I had to do it over again, I'd go to Bob Vila university after undegrad.

Heading off tomorrow on a weekend backpacking trip with my beautiful bride to tiny cabin on the side of a mountain in Vermont. Packing the snowshoes and cross country skis, just in case. Also got the box of wine- you can take the bag out and fit it nicely in the backpack- plus Rummikub and Skip-Bo! Checked a few books out of the library- Barbary Station by RE Stevens and New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson. Space opera and prospective fiction, respectively. Any of you read them? I’ll post a review next week, assuming I haven’t been eaten by Yetis or snared by angry isolationist Bernie supporters who have take to the wilds until 2020!
Such motivation...that I dont have.

Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Ugh...dont be! If I had to do it over again, I'd go to Bob Vila university after undegrad.

Such motivation...that I dont have.
Kind of sounds more impressive than it is. Cabin is rough, but there’s a wood stove and fire wood already cut. We bring air mattresses and libations, as well as a bunch a baguettes, salami, cheeses, nuts, and dried fruit. Some hammocks too. It’s a only a mile and a half hike. There’s a sugaring operation on the property, so there’s pancake breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. It takes a little effort, which we’re up for because it’s cheaper than a “real” vacation. Plus, we’re in the middle of a kitchen renovation and all the tradespeople are done, so this is a much needed break before getting home and us rebuilding/building the new kitchen (my wife and I are Bob Villa devotees who do a lot of the work ourselves- sorta fun and saves a bunch of money).

Reactions: Therapist4Chnge

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
Oh, I meant beer. Kombucha is nasty.
Oh yeh, I've been a homebrewer for a few years but I don't know that I need to drink 5 gallons of the same beer by myself. I enjoy it because its a great social outing (I'm from the magical land of beercity USA). I keep looking to get a homebrew group going here but its just not the culture. I could do even smaller batches I guess, but thats less inspiring... I may have to though.

Kombucha, however, is rocking and rolling after setting up a continuous brew system last night.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Oh yeh, I've been a homebrewer for a few years but I don't know that I need to drink 5 gallons of the same beer by myself. I enjoy it because its a great social outing (I'm from the magical land of beercity USA). I keep looking to get a homebrew group going here but its just not the culture. I could do even smaller batches I guess, but thats less inspiring... I may have to though.
Yeah, just get the 1 gallon batch stuff. Plenty of apps that will size up and size down recipes on the quick so you don't have to do it by hand.

OP
PsyDr

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Gotta work this weekend. Long run in there somewhere. Finishing Aziz Ansari's book (seemed like goodish timing).

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Been a lazy day here too. Wrote a report, did a feedback, and then I f'd around with my referral tracking log so I could run some analyses on it later. Good thing I'm not production based at this job. The 25-30 hours of actual work would likely net me a decent deal less than my current salary.

Reactions: Therapist4Chnge

MamaPhD

Psychologist, Academic Medical Center
7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2010
Status
Psychologist
Eleven consults/evals in a week doesnt *sound* bad, but the documentation sucks and I’m still not done somehow.

Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Probably the least favorite Friday in a while- morning surgery and now recovery. And evidently I'm not supposed to toast this pain with a nice bourbon

Jerks.
“Not supposed to” doesn’t mean “it will definitely maim/kill you if you do.” I’m not that kind of Doctor and this isn’t the place for medical advice, but bourbon sure is good!

Reactions: Justanothergrad
OP
PsyDr

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Continuing last night's with a friend debate about bourbon. It's a county, not a style!

Dec 18, 2017
Status
Post Doc
EDM and neuro writing... You have the mind of a jedi
Unrelated, but I have not been approved on classifieds yet and your profile does not allow for direct messaging... if your EPPP materials are still available, would you mind PMing please? Thanks!

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
It's Friday peeps, and it's opening weekend for college football. My boys actually have a dark horse chance at the BCS championship, so I'll have at least one hometown team to root for this year.

biscuitsbiscuits

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2015
We just got a dog. He weighs more than I do. I knew he would be big but like HOLY CRAP HE IS REALLY BIG and probably stronger than me but I'm not sure yet. I love this big boy. Over and out.

Reactions: foreverbull
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Up at the family cabin in far northern NH with some buddies. Caught some nice small mouths on the lake this evening. Fly fishing for trout tomorrow, and the local county fair.

Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Back on the road. The plans include a run, and two old fashioneds in some hotel bar.
Something about old fashioneds and hotel bars just goes together. I’ll mix it up every now and then with a negroni or Manhattan.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
Something about old fashioneds and hotel bars just goes together. I’ll mix it up every now and then with a negroni or Manhattan.
Agreed. They're a favorite of mine and one of the reasons I keep so many whiskeys/ryes around.

I'm off tonight to socialize a bit with a bunch of other junior faculty. Likely a beverage will be imbued as well.