Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been getting obsessive with work, which usually requires a self inflicted intervention. Gonna work, then off to be a research subject for the AMC.

Tonight is family stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Been getting obsessive with work, which usually requires a self inflicted intervention. Gonna work, then off to be a research subject for the AMC.

Tonight is family stuff.

I know you don't make much, but not reason to inflict that on your self for a little extra cash.;)

Seriously though, a little work-life balance is a good thing.

Bummer. We’re leaving the kids (teenagers) home alone, so there’s probably a party at my place if you’re feeling better;)

It's been a while since I have done a keg stand, not sure how I would do now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some hard sci-fi/space opera (all from Banks culture series) to bide the time.

Thx for the reference, as the series looks solid! I read almost exclusively non-fiction, but the series looks like a nice Hammock reading option. #HammockLife

It's like riding a bike, it'll come back to you.

Both also hurt a lot when you fall, so there is that too.

Thx for the reference, as the series looks solid! I read almost exclusively non-fiction, but the series looks like a nice Hammock reading option. #HammockLife

Both also hurt a lot when you fall, so there is that too.

Speaking of taking falls, careful in that Hammock.

Dates, drinks, and running. I wonder if that superhero movie will clear some places out.

Dates, drinks, and running. I wonder if that superhero movie will clear some places out.
Just did a lunch date with my bride. Started a trail running program through my local Y yesterday and can’t walk today- damn Achilles! Hopefully doing some gardening this weekend between grading end of the semester projects and papers.

I love my research days (Fridays). Just a run this evening and some good food planned.

Fairly quiet weekend as the wife is out of town for the week starting tomorrow. Bit of weight lifting/ walking the dog, bought some moonshine I have been been meaning to try, and tending to the yard. Maybe I will be one of those people that heads to that superhero movie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing some billing, since I'm 7 weeks behind. Long run this afternoon. Dates this weekend.

Gotta finish some trade publication articles this weekend too.

Moscow Mules, British Baking Show, and American Pickers this evening. I’m getting old!
I'm a sucker for a good horsefeather; although I haven't found many folks outside of Kansas who know it. Makes me want one right about now.

For me, this is a weekend of boardgames, derby party, visiting with friends, and (just now realizing) entering test grades :(

Playing anything good? A buddy just passed on to me Castellan and Building an Elder God.

Never heard it called a Horsefeather. Us yankees refer to those as Kentucky Mules
Cracking into some new ones this weekend. I got Brook City (coop detective game) last week so that should be fun to open up. I did Western Legends and Love Letter recently and those awesome. How were those two you got- I haven't heard of them?

I do love the name variations on drinks (and really anything).

Cracking into some new ones this weekend. I got Brook City (coop detective game) last week so that should be fun to open up. I did Western Legends and Love Letter recently and those awesome. How were those two you got- I haven't heard of them?

I do love the name variations on drinks (and really anything).
Castellan is a fun little game- reminds me of Carcasonne, with some interesting mechanics. Good quick play game. Haven’t played the other yet.

I have a problem. Most of them made it in the picture (minus the ones still on the way from kickstarter, which is the worst addiction). I need to get a second Kallax shelf to match but no IKEA locally keeps getting kn the way.

Hopefully you all have a long weekend to enjoy! It’s my first year in a while not going to the big ABA conference on Memorial Day weekend and I couldn’t be more psyched! Playing hockey tonight and gardening the rest of the weekend. I’m thinking some Palomas are on the drink menu for the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
Whelp. It’s this time and my date is over. So drink and dinner at the country club with my geriatric attorney friend now.

loooong run l tomorrow. Covering a hospital. Training for that other sport I do. Dinner with family. Date on Sunday. Sitting by my pool.

Last edited:
...For me, this is a weekend of boardgames...
Have you (or any other fellow boardgame geeks reading this) tried Dead of Winter? It’s cooperative, but with secret individual win conditions. Been looking for something similar to our old favorite Battlestar Galactica.

Also- hasn’t been a Friday Thread post in awhile. PSYDR must’ve finished all the whiskey !

Have you (or any other fellow boardgame geeks reading this) tried Dead of Winter? It’s cooperative, but with secret individual win conditions. Been looking for something similar to our old favorite Battlestar Galactica.

Also- hasn’t been a Friday Thread post in awhile. PSYDR must’ve finished all the whiskey !

I have DoW and DoW: The Long Night. The original is worth owning, it's fun. The standalone expansion, adds some new aspects, but if you don't like the original game, definitely not worth the cost.

I know it isn't Friday, but who's watching the women's world cup soccer tournament?

I love DoW. It's a real blast. I haven't done any of the expansions, but I never found it to really need them.

I usually rotate between that, Last night on earth, and zombie dice when I'm feeling a zombie sort of night. I gave village attacks a few trys over the last two weeks and that's another great one for when you feel the undead urge - a bit different since its a coop castle defense where you are the monsters. Either way, a solid game.

Things have been quiet on SDN for a bit.

I have zero idea about this new fangled board games. My family banned all board games and card games when I was a teenager because we got too competitive.

Things have been quiet on SDN for a bit.

I have zero idea about this new fangled board games. My family banned all board games and card games when I was a teenager because we got too competitive.

Too competitive? I do not believe that there is such a thing. Try telling that to last week me who nearly got thrown out of a rec league softball game.

Too competitive? I do not believe that there is such a thing. Try telling that to last week me who nearly got thrown out of a rec league softball game.

Amateur hour. Think being "asked to leave" an ER, for repeatedly reminding the injured party that he lost. And no, neither of those were me.

I believe that crosses the line from competitive to "ASPD"
Depends, I have an adult friend who plays in MTG tournaments. There is serious money involved nowadays. He has won thousands of dollars.

Depends, I have an adult friend who plays in MTG tournaments. There is serious money involved nowadays. He has won thousands of dollars.
Even so, kicking someone in the face over a card game is ASPD behavior. I play in decent sized pots of poker all the time and I've never seen anyone assaulted during a game.

Reactions: 1 users
Even so, kicking someone in the face over a card game is ASPD behavior. I play in decent sized pots of poker all the time and I've never seen anyone assaulted during a game.

Yeah. Probably not aspd in his case but something. I think he perceived an unfairness or possibly cheating and hulked out. Very very uncharacteristic behavior for him, never happened before or after that one incident

Today is my Friday - sitting in a coffee house in Seattle doing some last minute prep work before I go climb some mountains.

wait. we arent supposed to do that?

Lame.

Today is my Friday - sitting in a coffee house in Seattle doing some last minute prep work before I go climb some mountains.

wait. we arent supposed to do that?

Lame.

Today is my Friday as well. And, if someone comes at me at the poker table, they best make that first shot count.

Vacation time. Whatever happened to analysts taking the month of august off? We need to bring that back.

Vacation time. Whatever happened to analysts taking the month of august off? We need to bring that back.

Finally, something analysts and I can agree on!

• Haha
View attachment 261635
I have a problem. Most of them made it in the picture (minus the ones still on the way from kickstarter, which is the worst addiction). I need to get a second Kallax shelf to match but no IKEA locally keeps getting kn the way.

Was quickly scrolling down. Didn't notice the self-portrait of JAG on the wall until now. Happy Friday everyone!