OP
PSYDR

PSYDR

Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Been getting obsessive with work, which usually requires a self inflicted intervention. Gonna work, then off to be a research subject for the AMC.

Tonight is family stuff.

Reactions: WisNeuro

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Been getting obsessive with work, which usually requires a self inflicted intervention. Gonna work, then off to be a research subject for the AMC.

Tonight is family stuff.
I know you don't make much, but not reason to inflict that on your self for a little extra cash.;)

Seriously though, a little work-life balance is a good thing.

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
I have some hard sci-fi/space opera (all from Banks culture series) to bide the time.
Thx for the reference, as the series looks solid! I read almost exclusively non-fiction, but the series looks like a nice Hammock reading option. #HammockLife

It's like riding a bike, it'll come back to you.
Both also hurt a lot when you fall, so there is that too.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Thx for the reference, as the series looks solid! I read almost exclusively non-fiction, but the series looks like a nice Hammock reading option. #HammockLife

Both also hurt a lot when you fall, so there is that too.
Speaking of taking falls, careful in that Hammock.

Reactions: Therapist4Chnge

DynamicDidactic

Ass of Prof
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2010
Status
Psychologist
No one watching March Madness?

Reactions: PSYDR
OP
PSYDR

PSYDR

Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Dates, drinks, and running. I wonder if that superhero movie will clear some places out.

Reactions: ClinicalABA

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Dates, drinks, and running. I wonder if that superhero movie will clear some places out.
Just did a lunch date with my bride. Started a trail running program through my local Y yesterday and can’t walk today- damn Achilles! Hopefully doing some gardening this weekend between grading end of the semester projects and papers.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Fairly quiet weekend as the wife is out of town for the week starting tomorrow. Bit of weight lifting/ walking the dog, bought some moonshine I have been been meaning to try, and tending to the yard. Maybe I will be one of those people that heads to that superhero movie.

OP
PSYDR

PSYDR

Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Doing some billing, since I'm 7 weeks behind. Long run this afternoon. Dates this weekend.

Gotta finish some trade publication articles this weekend too.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
Moscow Mules, British Baking Show, and American Pickers this evening. I’m getting old!
I'm a sucker for a good horsefeather; although I haven't found many folks outside of Kansas who know it. Makes me want one right about now.

For me, this is a weekend of boardgames, derby party, visiting with friends, and (just now realizing) entering test grades :(

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
For me, this is a weekend of board games...
Playing anything good? A buddy just passed on to me Castellan and Building an Elder God.

Never heard it called a Horsefeather. Us yankees refer to those as Kentucky Mules

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
Playing anything good? A buddy just passed on to me Castellan and Building an Elder God.

Never heard it called a Horsefeather. Us yankees refer to those as Kentucky Mules
Cracking into some new ones this weekend. I got Brook City (coop detective game) last week so that should be fun to open up. I did Western Legends and Love Letter recently and those awesome. How were those two you got- I haven't heard of them?

I do love the name variations on drinks (and really anything).

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Cracking into some new ones this weekend. I got Brook City (coop detective game) last week so that should be fun to open up. I did Western Legends and Love Letter recently and those awesome. How were those two you got- I haven't heard of them?

I do love the name variations on drinks (and really anything).
Castellan is a fun little game- reminds me of Carcasonne, with some interesting mechanics. Good quick play game. Haven’t played the other yet.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Azul is one we've gotten into lately, easy mechanic, but decent strategy involved. Also started the legacy version of betrayal at house on the hill.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
I have a problem. Most of them made it in the picture (minus the ones still on the way from kickstarter, which is the worst addiction). I need to get a second Kallax shelf to match but no IKEA locally keeps getting kn the way.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
We use the same shelving system, works well for board games. We have some overlap in games. No Twilight Struggle? ;)

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Hopefully you all have a long weekend to enjoy! It’s my first year in a while not going to the big ABA conference on Memorial Day weekend and I couldn’t be more psyched! Playing hockey tonight and gardening the rest of the weekend. I’m thinking some Palomas are on the drink menu for the weekend.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
training, training, training, gear checks, training. 1 month to the day from my next mountaineering adventure.

then of course board games as usual. gonna break in Brook City this weekend I think

OP
PSYDR

PSYDR

Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Whelp. It’s this time and my date is over. So drink and dinner at the country club with my geriatric attorney friend now.

loooong run l tomorrow. Covering a hospital. Training for that other sport I do. Dinner with family. Date on Sunday. Sitting by my pool.

Last edited: