Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Excuse me, where can I sign up for small human levels of energy??
And there’s always the Freud route…

Members don't see this ad.

Its Friday GIF by The Office

I've had a busy, but great week. Working on a project that I'm excited about and looking forward to a friend's birthday party tonight. Also just got licensed a few weeks ago and that's a whole new level of relief that I didn't know humans could feel.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
VVC patients this morning, notes and scheduling prior to a hectic weekend of non-work induced stress that I am paying for. Yay?

God, I can't wait for vacation on Nov 1. Going to spend the week getting lost behind rocks and stare at a large hole in the ground. Bliss...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Did you get the good stuff or the mediocre candy?
I got what I consider the good stuff (bc we've gotten little to no trick or treaters historically). Crunch bars and the aforementioned orange and brown wrapped peanut butter blobs. Pumpkin shaped blobs to be exact.

Also sour patch kids. And bubble necklaces. And Play-Doh. I'm going to have a fun November.

Reactions: 1 users
Very curious what you consider the good stuff
I go back to the stuff I wanted as a kid. Snickers, twix, kit kat, crunch, peanut m&m's, mounds/almond joy. Fun size or larger. None of that miniature garbage.

Non-halloween, a piece of Cadbury or Lindt milk chocolate will do me.

I go back to the stuff I wanted as a kid. Snickers, twix, kit kat, crunch, peanut m&m's, mounds/almond joy. Fun size or larger. None of that miniature garbage.

Non-halloween, a piece of Cadbury or Lindt milk chocolate will do me.

Nice. You and my partner would get along. I was a sucker for the fruity and sour varietals as a child--Skittles, sour patch kids, those fruit shaped little candies that taste nothing like fruit. If I went trick-or-treating as an adult, I would only want cab and dark chocolate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. You and my partner would get along. I was a sucker for the fruity and sour varietals as a child--Skittles, sour patch kids, those fruit shaped little candies that taste nothing like fruit. If I went trick-or-treating as an adult, I would only want cab and dark chocolate.
Sour patch kids, warheads, and gobstoppers are Sanman approved as well. Though those giant gobstoppers/ jawbreakers people used to lick and put away are just disgusting.

Reactions: 1 user
I like doing an occasional ghost tour as a fun way to learn about the general history and culture of an area. Most experiences are 85% history and 15% ghost stuff. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ending up in a 90% "ghost hunting" experience that was very light on the history. It was awful. It became a mini case study on the impact of pareidolia. I found out the people running it are in the mental health profession. I'm not sure how to feel about that. I definitely did not reveal my profession because I would have immediately been outed as the annoying disbeliever.

It did have the benefit of my husband walking away more skeptical of ghosts. If anyone watches Buzzfeed Unsolved: Paranormal, I'm definitely a Shane and he's a Ryan.

Going to see Dune, super excited since I've heard it's great and faithful to the book

At the Neuroscience Education Institute (NEI) Annual Psychopharmacology Congress in Colorado Springs. Always a great conference. Usually held at The Broadmoor Resort which makes attending more than worth it! I highly recommend if you are interested in psychopharm.

I’ve caught hand, foot, and mouth from my little one :(.

• Care
Did an eval with an "old man" this morning (he was 7 years old!) and a sorta old women (she was 4.5 years old) this afternoon! missed a weeek and a half of work a few weeks back, and have everything from that time scheduled next week, so going to enjoy my weekend. Homecoming hockey game at the Alma Mater tonight, chilling out (maybe some reading and videogames), and a little bit of grading, and then playing hockey myself Sunday night. Going cheaper with the beer and bourbon this week- got a 12 pack of Modelo and giant bottle of Evan Williams. Cheers!

Did an eval with an "old man" this morning (he was 7 years old!) and a sorta old women (she was 4.5 years old) this afternoon! missed a weeek and a half of work a few weeks back, and have everything from that time scheduled next week, so going to enjoy my weekend. Homecoming hockey game at the Alma Mater tonight, chilling out (maybe some reading and videogames), and a little bit of grading, and then playing hockey myself Sunday night. Going cheaper with the beer and bourbon this week- got a 12 pack of Modelo and giant bottle of Evan Williams. Cheers!
Negra or especial?

20211102_103204.jpg

Happy Friday SDN, enjoying life this week!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
It's Saturday, but watching UFC in a movie theater tonight was awesome, made even better by an incredible card.

It's Saturday, but watching UFC in a movie theater tonight was awesome, made even better by an incredible card.

Also watched, happy with the results. Mostly with the fact that d-bag Covington lost, though it would have been better if it was by KO.

Bells Brewing got sold to massive beer conglomo :(

• Sad
I drank wine in a can yesterday and it cured my job interview jitters. I feel ready to conquer the world today.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
The way of the world. Shouldn't change too much. But, I don't blame Bell, retiring and a good time to cash out to live a very comfortable retirement.

I remember when a pretty big local brewery around here went corporate. The rebranding party was absolute insanity: T-shirt cannons, A-lister musicians, and of course free beer. Very offensive to my small business sentiments. @borne_before there are plenty of fish in the sea though especially if you're in the Midwest.

The way of the world. Shouldn't change too much. But, I don't blame Bell, retiring and a good time to cash out to live a very comfortable retirement.
AB Inbev bought one of local breweries and absolutely changed everything and destroyed the brewhouses they had around town.

However, this group bought New Belgium in 2019 and they literally changed nothing, let no staff go, and still brew on site, etc. I wont harsh anyone for making money and it sounded like Gary had surgery for cancer. I also can't imagine being a brewery owner being good for your liver. I hope it wasn't alcohol related cancer.

I don't really feel loyal to brands, but (I've told this story before on SDN), but Gary hooked it up with free beer when I was poor grad student at a Greensky show. Super nice and approachable dude. I'll probably still buy the odd Oberon, Light Hearted Ale, Lager of the Lakes, etc. when I see it!

REALLY long week at the old assessment center, making up for some lost time due to some scary- but ultimately relatively benign- medical issues (who knew that there are migraine symptoms that mimic a stroke?). When you're booked out 10 months, there's really no convenient place to put rescheduled clients. Bought a 6 pack of Sixpoint Resin. Highly recommended. Wife and I heading up to Tree House tomorrow to pick up a supply of Julius and similar offerings. Playing Last of Us Part 2 now. Compelling but not enjoyable. Watching some college hockey on TV later tonight, and in-person tomorrow. Can't complain too much.

REALLY long week at the old assessment center, making up for some lost time due to some scary- but ultimately relatively benign- medical issues (who knew that there are migraine symptoms that mimic a stroke?). When you're booked out 10 months, there's really no convenient place to put rescheduled clients. Bought a 6 pack of Sixpoint Resin. Highly recommended. Wife and I heading up to Tree House tomorrow to pick up a supply of Julius and similar offerings. Playing Last of Us Part 2 now. Compelling but not enjoyable. Watching some college hockey on TV later tonight, and in-person tomorrow. Can't complain too much.
Glad you're alright.

Going to try and spend some time relaxing after a very busy week (internship application reviews). Maybe open a bottle of wine or a cocktail tonight.

What cocktail makes you forget about reams of paperwork?

Aren't you supposed to be selling me on a nice frothy craft brewed beer so that you too can retire into the sunset?

That is definitely one of my smaller investments. I benefit more from the free beer than I do from my dividends there. Plus, we're only in our own metro :)

Get a nice Rye for a Manhattan and screw that paperwork.

Glad you're ok - I mean migraines suck but better than stroke