Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dry or Sweet
I believe Her Majesty prefers Dubonnet which is a sweet, while modern Bond and Lecter prefer lillet blanc which are not technically vermouths.

(Did you know you have to take a class before meeting her?).

In the summers, I prefer gimlets, Pims cups, or G&Ts. You know… to relax when the natives get all hopped on betel nuts and you have to invent the .45 caliber.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe Her Majesty prefers Dubonnet which is a sweet, while modern Bond and Lecter prefer lillet blanc which are not technically vermouths.

In the summers, I prefer gimlets, Pims cups, or G&Ts. You know… to relax when the natives get all hopped on betel nuts and you have to invent the .45 caliber.

Gotta make sure your CEs are up to date before meeting the Queen. Prefer dry vermouth myself, but keep some Lillet Blanc on hand for Vespers and Corpse Revivers (N.2). Ah, John Browning. Prefer the 9mm myself, especially with current pricing. I don't want to take another mortgage out on the home just to hit the range 2-3 times a month.

I read that as "pimp cup" and was like, "damn, wisneuro knows how to let loose."

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Friday y'all. I drank two cups of coffee in addition to my 30mgs of vyvanse this morning and am jittery as hell. I am digging the AeroPress and beans from Happy Mug Coffee though. Toddler boy's daycare class is close because of the old C-1 Niner. Glad the wife is still on maternity leave. Baby girl has been a bit fussy, but she is chunkin' up and no longer a string bean. I'm drowning in autism referrals right now - hopefully I can screen most of them out. It's starting to affect my ability to get regular therapy/parent management patients in. But I guess it's good to be in demand. It's supposed to be quite windy this weekend. I want to see about getting out early tomorrow morning with the wife, baby, and toddler to hunt for some red jasper about an hour north and then do an afternoon ride. I've been having some issues with the bottom bracket of my bike and plan on dealing with it next week. Fingers crossed that I don't need a rescue during nap time like I did last weekend.

Did anyone watch the end of Dexter?

10 mile run, office hours, psych dept virtual meeting, finish revising and resubmit a paper, homemade pizza dinner. Excited for a weekend full of playoff football

How do you make your pizzas? We make a lot of thin crust in the oven, but a few friends have been recommending one of the Ooni pizza ovens since we make it often.

Going to be catching on some sleep and some committee work. Got the appraiser coming over Monday to help finish up my home refinance and lock in those sweet low interest rates.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you make your pizzas? We make a lot of thin crust in the oven, but a few friends have been recommending one of the Ooni pizza ovens since we make it often.

Going to be catching on some sleep and some committee work. Got the appraiser coming over Monday to help finish up my home refinance and lock in those sweet low interest rates.
You can sear up a hell of steak in one of those.

Going to be catching on some sleep and some committee work. Got the appraiser coming over Monday to help finish up my home refinance and lock in those sweet low interest rates
I make mine either grilled or on a pizza stone in the oven. Just last week was looking at recipes for Detroit style pizza, so I'm going to give thatva try soon (just need to find a blue steel pan and some wisconsin brick cheese to make it authentic). I've been eyeing those Ooni ovens, but I might try building my own pizza oven this Spring. Got a Solo Stove for Xmas, so looking to up the outdoor experience.

Enjoying an Aventinus wheat dopplebock this evening (with some air-fried Costco spring rolls- I guess you can't always be fancy!) and working on my second playthrough of Valhalla.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Pretty simple and straightforward in the kitchen. Fresh dough, lots of veggies, mix and meats here and there to suit my mood. I'm a fan of sausage on pizzas. I like the dough thin and crsipy. A little burnt on the edges too. So I have definitely been thinking about looking into one of those pizza ovens or experimenting on the grill this spring. Will take any tips and advice you got!

Pretty simple and straightforward in the kitchen. Fresh dough, lots of veggies, mix and meats here and there to suit my mood. I'm a fan of sausage on pizzas. I like the dough thin and crsipy. A little burnt on the edges too. So I have definitely been thinking about looking into one of those pizza ovens or experimenting on the grill this spring. Will take any tips and advice you got!

Definitely recommend the grill, it gives the pizza a nice smoky flavor. You can cook it on a pizza stone, but I like cedar plank for that wood fired smoke. If you want to put it directly on the grill, cook one side plain first. Then flip it, put the toppings on and let it finish cooking.

10 mile run, office hours, psych dept virtual meeting, finish revising and resubmit a paper, homemade pizza dinner. Excited for a weekend full of playoff football
So excited for all the football!! Officially started looking at rescue dogs today. I’ll be really nice to finally add a fluffer to my one person family.

Edited because I’m actually looking at large, dopey looking doggos, not little ones lol

So excited for all the football!! Officially started looking at rescue dogs today. I’ll be really nice to finally add a fluffer to my one person family.

Edited because I’m actually looking at large, dopey looking doggos, not little ones lol
Our last dog was a rescue. She was amazing, but def had her quirks. It can be wonderful. My unsolicited advice, after seeing some pretty yucky situations with friends/family who adopt rescue dogs, DO NOT do a breed specific rescue. If you are absolutely set on a breed - do not trust anything the rescue says. Meet lots of dogs. If one gets adopted before, it just wasn’t meant to be. Only look at rescues who do foster to adopt. Don’t be afraid to walk away from a potentially aggressive (esp. food) or reactive dog. Only look at professional rescues with resources (eg they’re willing to send out and pay for a dog behaviorist if problem behaviors arise).

9 hours in to a potentially “record setting” blizzard... and more than 12 hours to go. Hoping to not lose power...or I’ll be very very bored 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
We're in the "5-9" range out here. It's definitely snowing and blowing pretty hard. Be safe.
Yeah, I’m in the 2 feet plus range 😩 with Hurricane force winds expected. Ah the joys of New England! At least it’s a Saturday!

Yeah, I am not missing northeast weather right now. Got some snow, but nothing crazy. Sitting inside listening to a CE and drinking my french press coffee.

No snow this weekend for us, actually in a warming trend. But, I'm spending a lot of time on the computer as I may have overloaded in IME work in the first quarter, including a few that include travel. Very good for the balance sheet, just makes for some weekend work.

Lots of snow day cooking and baking going on. The tandoori chicken is marinating, I've made the mint chutney, naan dough is rising. Son and his girlfriend are making some Harry Potter cookbook sweets (Dumbledore's lemon rolls and Hagrid's rock cakes). Still to make- torai ki sabzi (Pakistani zucchini curry) and aloo gobi (Indian potato and cauliflower dish). Currently enjoying a Founders Centennial IPA, and looking forward to some Malbec with the meal. Some Ticket to Ride, Battlestar Galactica, and Dead of Winter board games on the schedule. All in all, a pretty good (and much needed) snow day.

If any of you want to play along at home:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If any of you want to play along at home:
I highly recommend the zuchinini curry. Not my favorite veg by any means, but this was sooooo good. Especially with some naan and honey-butter

Reactions: 2 users
I highly recommend the zuchinini curry. Not my favorite veg by any means, but this was sooooo good. Especially with some naan and honey-butter

I do naan and tandoori/butter/chicken paneer periodically, but haven't tried the others yet. I'll add it to the future mix.

I do naan and tandoori/butter/chicken paneer periodically, but haven't tried the others yet. I'll add it to the future mix.
The zucchini dish was suprising- didn't look like much, but nice combo of sweet (from the onions) and savory/spicy. Perfect on some naan. You also can never go wrong with aloo gobi.

The zucchini dish was suprising- didn't look like much, but nice combo of sweet (from the onions) and savory/spicy. Perfect on some naan. You also can never go wrong with aloo gobi.
Nice. My wife insisted on Italian. I made chicken marsala, penne olio, and sauteed broccoli. Came out really well. I wanted to make roasted potatoes, but forgot to pick it up before the snow hit.

Chicken Marsala Recipe

Happy Friday! I think we're gonna make the zucchini curry this weekend with some naan from TJs. I think life is starting to return to pre-pandemic, as we're taking the kids to an event for a local charity where they can explore various types of emergency/construction/etc vehicles. Should be very exciting for my three year old. We're planning a beach vaycay in two weeks.

Aaaand I get to make my first DCS report of the year!

• Care
We all have COVID *wah wah* Our LO tested positive this week so we've been in quarantine. My guess is that they got it from preschool (someone wasn't following the COVID-protocols). My partner and I are triple-vaxxed so we're both unaffected and the munchkin is fully vaxxed so symptoms are nothing more than a runny nose and a very mild fever. It hasn't stopped Encanto from being on repeat in my house though.

We don't talk about Bruno.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
We all have COVID *wah wah* Our LO tested positive this week so we've been in quarantine. My guess is that they got it from preschool (someone wasn't following the COVID-protocols). My partner and I are triple-vaxxed so we're both unaffected and the munchkin is fully vaxxed so symptoms are nothing more than a runny nose and a very mild fever. It hasn't stopped Encanto from being on repeat in my house though.

We don't talk about Bruno.

But what is your special gift?

Happy Friday! I think we're gonna make the zucchini curry this weekend with some naan from TJs. I think life is starting to return to pre-pandemic, as we're taking the kids to an event for a local charity where they can explore various types of emergency/construction/etc vehicles. Should be very exciting for my three year old. We're planning a beach vaycay in two weeks.
Make your own naan too! It's pretty forgiving, as far as leavened breads go.

I will be dragging myself across the finish line today. This week has been rough. I get to spend time with friends and celebrate my one year wedding anniversary though.

Reactions: 3 users
Crushed it staying late and writing this week, and I'm caught up with reports up through cases from this week, with assignments graded and grades entered through this week. It's soooo easy to get behind on that stuff, and so freeing to be caught up (and it makes the students, billing department, bosses, and families happy too!).

Jerk chicken (jarred marinade, which I'm not proud of), roasted veggies, grilled pineapple, Red Stripes, and coconut rum drinks tonight. Kids back to college/visiting girlfriend at college, so "empty nester" weekend. Working through rewatching Marvel movies in chrono order, with date night out for dinner tomorrow (Cajun influenced local place).

Some family celebrations this weekend. Caught up on IME work at the moment for once. Just have a couple clinical reports to finish. But, nothing scheduled Monday and Tuesday. Need to play catch up on those and some tax stuff before heading out of town.

I'm doing online webinars all day (I have to get 21 hours for my next renewal). This one is should be pretty pragmatic - Karen Bear's RUBI parent training for disruptive behaviors in ASD. I found some cool ones in april for Cornell GAIN differential diagnosis workshops that sound interesting. I do struggle with diagnosing autism in kiddos with more severe disabilities/intellectual impairment.

Anyway, I might plant the garden this weekend. Our baby goes to daycare on Tuesday - so that'll be stressful for mama. Also not looking forward to her being sick all the time in a covid world.

• Care
I tried a couple free dictation options prior to getting dragon. None really worked all that well enough to save me time. Dragon, just the regular version, has worked beautifully, especially after it's first optimization. Picks up my medical and legal terms fairly flawlessly now.

Seeing the Friday thread always makes me question why I took a Tues-Sat schedule.

Snow Day! ( though both assessmentscfrom today just get moved to next week so I don't really get out of anything. Played some Cyberpunk (I actually am liking it). Heading upmto Burlington VT (great town!) Tomorrow for an overnight to watch alma mater take on UVM in hockey.