This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Watzupdoc123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I hope everyone is doing well. Everyone knows how ridiculously competitive Canadian dental schools are so us Canadians are left going abroad to peruse our studies. Though this is a very great opportunity for us, the finance required is just outright frightening. So to those who have gone through the process, or those who are currently planning to go abroad, how do u guys finance ur studies? Were u able to revive a bank loan, government help, family help, or other? Please provide some information or advice as it will be of great importance to some of us?
 
Sell your house
Lol ..
Loans are the only way...u cant pay the money ny other way. Its a huge sum so whenever u apply for a loan as international student u need a resident/citizen preferably with good credit score as co signer ..u cant get it on ur own. Nd if u want to get loan from homecountry then amount u get depends on the student loan policy of banks and the guarantee needed as assets u own.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious about this also. I am planning on studying dentistry outside of Canada, and I'm finding it hard to find the funding that I need. Most banks will only give a portion of what is needed.
Does anyone know what is the best way to get a loan, or loans that will cover the cost?