Fusion! Cooking Challenge v2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's bring this back from hiatus!

3d4LQEe.jpg

This week's theme: Fusion

The premise is simple:
Each week will have a different food or theme posted, and the challenge is to prepare a dish within the theme. It doesn't have to be super detailed, difficult or super on topic - be creative, the point is to just get you trying out some new things! Your mind is your limit, I'll never yell at anyone for being off-theme. :D

Anyway: when you're done with the dish, just take a picture, chow down, and then post it on the thread, with comments and (hopefully!) a recipe. Easy peasy!

Additionally, the theme for the next week will be posted along with the current week, so anybody who doesn't have ingredients on hand can put them on their shopping list, or can just start planning what they want to make. :)

Current Week: Fusion
Current Week Dates: Monday, 4/1 through Sunday, 4/7

Next Week: Indian (great for vegetarians!)

Need Inspiration? Tastespotting, Foodgawker, Nibbledish, or Photograzing may help you out

Disclaimer: I'm stealing the weekly themes from /r/52weeksofcooking/ on Reddit. If you don't like them, don't yell at me! :p

Members don't see this ad.

When I think fusion I think americanized asian food like PF Changs. Is it asian specific or are other genres included? :)

When I think fusion I think americanized asian food like PF Changs. Is it asian specific or are other genres included? :)

Fuse whatever cuisines your heart desires! Although Asian fusion is probably most popular, there's lots out there. Sky's the limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fuse whatever cuisines your heart desires! Although Asian fusion is probably most popular, there's lots out there. Sky's the limit.

Once went to a southwest asian fusion restaurant called Takosushi. It was a bad experience.

BLT's made with Peanut Butter instead of Mayo! :love: Not really a fusion per se, but around here it started on my ex-roomies reservation.

I had macaroni but not enough pasta sauce for a proper covering. I also had leftover parsley from last week's challenge, half a can of corn, and half a can of diced tomatoes in my refrigerator. "Fusion" is technically the combining of two or more cultures' cuisines/flavors. All the leftovers were getting to the point where they were going to create their own culture if I didn't do something with them soon. :scared:

Fridge Fusion Macaroni
Boil macaroni. Toss with pasta sauce and whatever else you find floating around in your refrigerator! Add nutritional yeast and chili powder if you are feeling particularly daring (I like my pasta spicy, and the nutritional yeast gives it a vaguely cheesy flavor).

IMG_1906-web.jpg

Having corn with pasta was a little weird, but overall it was delicious!

(One of my cats chewed through my cable modem's power cord last week. The replacement cord arrived today, so I can finally post this!)

I had macaroni but not enough pasta sauce for a proper covering. I also had leftover parsley from last week's challenge, half a can of corn, and half a can of diced tomatoes in my refrigerator. "Fusion" is technically the combining of two or more cultures' cuisines/flavors. All the leftovers were getting to the point where they were going to create their own culture if I didn't do something with them soon. :scared:

Fridge Fusion Macaroni
Boil macaroni. Toss with pasta sauce and whatever else you find floating around in your refrigerator! Add nutritional yeast and chili powder if you are feeling particularly daring (I like my pasta spicy, and the nutritional yeast gives it a vaguely cheesy flavor).

View attachment 23311

Having corn with pasta was a little weird, but overall it was delicious!

(One of my cats chewed through my cable modem's power cord last week. The replacement cord arrived today, so I can finally post this!)

Love corn with pasta! :love: I often put all my leftovers together, too. Any pasta, hamburger or steak cut up, any veggies I happen to have, cream of mushroom soup with a tad bit of milk. And Garlic salt!