Future class mates of BU!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pallavi rakesh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, let’s list out who all have got into BU.

Hello to everyone. Looking forward to meet you all too. I don’t want to reply for this again. So there is no disturbance in the flow and repetition of the same person's name.

Ummm... good response.

Ok now can every one also mention a couple of more things too, Please edit in your thread, so that there is no repetition of names. Once my message is passed on I will delete and edit this in my own first thread. Hope no confusions!!

1. Male /female
2. Nationality
3. Plan for housing arrangement.(sharing/individual/Family)
4. Loan Arrangement.

So depending on each category description, one can easily contact each other for similar problems or situations.

My details

1. Female
2. India, Bangalore.
3. Married so first preference is for individual house.2nd preference for sharing depending on the situation.
4. Fed Loans + Bank Loans

Thanks
-pallavi rakesh

Members don't see this ad.

looking forward to see ya there

Members don't see this ad :)
hello
i am also one of the lucky ones. kudos to the person who got the idea to start this page.
congratulations to all of you.
three cheers busdm class of 2007

hi, count me in class of 2007

Hey,
Can anyone telL me what is a good time to start looking for places to rent.Is is tough getting a place later on or do we do all that ahead of time?Any suggestions which areas are supposed to be better considering economy and access to the T of -station?
Thanks,
G.P

don't forget me :) i'm there too... it's a party time :)

Hai guys,
Count me too. Waiting to see u all.

Hang on !!!!! I am there too.

Hi caninus molarus & Emsi, I do recognize u guys from the interview at boston. How r u guys doin?

I am not familiar with the other guys on the list but can't wait to party with you all.

I think BU is gonna repent admitting me coz I party hard and am lazier than a disabled sloth!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rock on Baby...................!

congrates g.p,
there r many threads regarding BU housing .u can find these in old threads.

G.P said:
Hey,
Can anyone telL me what is a good time to start looking for places to rent.Is is tough getting a place later on or do we do all that ahead of time?Any suggestions which areas are supposed to be better considering economy and access to the T of -station?
Thanks,
G.P

doc_redd said:
congrates g.p,
there r many threads regarding BU housing .u can find these in old threads.

Good to have u all as future classmates :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance letter from BU today......i will be joining you too...
Hurraaaaaaaaaay! I interviewed only a little over a week ago.... and i got to hear from them so soon.
Im really happy today! A year long of efforts has paid off... I look forward to meet all you cool people.....
A big hello to...." my Future BU classmates"
pallavi rakesh
fransisco
GP
Jay
Anshugoel
emsi
caninus molarus
shauda
arul
doc_redd
s vashistha

Cya soon...

UABDentist said:
I got my acceptance letter from BU today......i will be joining you too...
Hurraaaaaaaaaay! I interviewed only a little over a week ago.... and i got to hear from them so soon.
Im really happy today! A year long of efforts has paid off... I look forward to meet all you cool people.....
A big hello to...." my Future BU classmates"
pallavi rakesh
fransisco
GP
Jay
Anshugoel
emsi
caninus molarus
shauda
arul
doc_redd
s vashistha

Cya soon...

So far, i think they have accepted less than have, correct me if i am wrong

pallavi rakesh said:
Ummm... good response.

Ok now can every one mention a couple of more things too, Please edit in your thread, so that there is no repetition of names..Once my message is passed on i will delete and edit this in my own first thread. Hope no confusions!!!

So to know more about me, go to my thread.

1.Male /female
2.Nationality
3.Plan for housing arrangement.(sharing/individual/Family)
4.Loan Arrangement

So depending on each category description, one can easy contact each other for similar problems or situations.

Thanks
Pallavi Rakesh

Male
Venezuelan
Sharing
Self Financed

pallavi rakesh said:
Ummm... good response.

Ok now can every one mention a couple of more things too, Please edit in your thread, so that there is no repetition of names..Once my message is passed on i will delete and edit this in my own first thread. Hope no confusions!!!

1.Male /female
2.Nationality
4.Loan Arrangement

So depending on each category description, one can easy contact each other for similar problems or situations.

Thanks
Pallavi Rakesh

Male
Indian
Sharing
Some one is co-signing a loan for me.

pallavi rakesh said:
Ummm... good response.

1.Male /female
2.Nationality
4.Loan Arrangement

Thanks
Pallavi Rakesh
1.Female
2.Indian
3.Sharing
4.Co-signed private loan.

Hi,
I got my acceptance from BU. I was interviewed on decemebr 2 and received the acceptance letter on december 6th.
btw, iam
1) Male
2) Indian
3) Sharing/Individual
4) Private loan

DentalSupremo said:
Hi,
I got my acceptance from BU. I was interviewed on decemebr 2 and received the acceptance letter on december 6th.
btw, iam
1) Male
2) Indian
3) Sharing/Individual
4) Private loan

Hi DentalSupremo,

Congrats!!!!That was a really fast response from BU. Will meet u there then!

pallavi rakesh said:
Hey guys, let’s list out who all have got into BU.

Hello to everyone. Looking forward to meet you all too. I don’t want to reply for this again. So there is no disturbance in the flow and repetition of the same person's name.

Ummm... good response.

Ok now can every one also mention a couple of more things too, Please edit in your thread, so that there is no repetition of names. Once my message is passed on I will delete and edit this in my own first thread. Hope no confusions!!

1. Male /female
2. Nationality
3. Plan for housing arrangement.(sharing/individual/Family)
4. Loan Arrangement.

So depending on each category description, one can easily contact each other for similar problems or situations.

My details

1. Female
2. India, Bangalore.
3. Married so first preference is for individual house.2nd preference for sharing depending on the situation.
4. Fed Loans + Bank Loans

Thanks
-pallavi rakesh

My details

1. Female
2. India, Bangalore
3. Sharing
4. Fed loans

Congaratulations to you all.I look forward to seeing you in Boston.

BU class of 2007 :laugh: :laugh:

DentalSupremo said:
Hi,
btw, iam
1) Male
2) Indian
3) Sharing/Individual
4) Private loan

Hello everyone,
Congratulations, to all those who are accepted to BU. I also got my acceptance and I was interviewed on dec 2nd. Dental supremo might be Praveen if I am right, and Is G.P. Gayitri, is so I met you in the interview at UPENN. Right now I am in my M.P.H. program in NYMC and I hope we will meet in BU. I am Male, Indian and I would like to share the housing with someone. I am applying for a private loan with a cosignee. If anyone has done some research can you tell me the intrest rates of the private lenders because I could not figure out correctly on internet.

Count me in ..........

Female
Indian
Not decided yet
Private loan(Co-sign)

Waiting to meet you ALL................ Good Luck.

VS.

Hey Guys!

I'm not an advanced standing student, but I'll be going to BU, beginning the DMD program this fall as well (class of 2009). Congrats to you all, we'll be seeing a lot of each other. IF any one has any good ideas on housing, or finds some nice places...can you please let us know. I'm really worried about finding housing, and a roommate, so if u find something nice....fill me in! Again, congrats and see ya guys in August.

Preeti

Hi!!
Hey can you telll me when you got your acceptance and when were you interviewed at BU???
Because I was interviewed on 6th of January and still waiting to hear from them.
I will appreciate your quick response.
Thanks.

1.Male
2.Polish
3.share/individual
4.federal &private

rajkang said:
Some info on BU:
Dr. Flenser is nice.
Most of faculty in clinic will come late and leave early, sometimes without signing your sheet.
So expect a lot of running around, searching for faculty. Your instructor could be on any floor chatting in somebody's room ;).
If you are a charming beautiful girl, then you have a definite advantage over others. Some male faculty will hover around you and ignore others. On the downside, you have to bear touching and hugging and ?@*& comments.
On the down side some of you, won't do even one root canal or bridge or complete some other requirement but BU will let you pass with low marks so don't go crazy for patients.
In SIM (Simulation) lab, you will be expected to know how to do crown's etc as you are already a dentist and dont expect spoon feeding.
But you will survive all this

good luck
hey that is wonderful posting. i hope you will share more info about BU and its progarm, and if you can share info about all the "little stuff" which make the diference between "an easy day" and "s..t ,how i'm gonna handle this" it would be perfect. everything which would make our study and living there easier ,will be highly appreciated. thanks .
p.p. can you describe one regular day at BU ? which time usually you got there,first thing to do (not to do), any free time, time managment and so..

hi everybody
i haven't posted till date.
here are my stats
-male
-indian
-married
-planning on an apartment(personal or shared)

also those of you planning to submit the fafsa, have you done it already or are you still waiting.

thanks
jay

rajkang said:
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/places/22.htm
South block studio is only $660 per month including everything. Other places you can expect to pay about double of this.
I have receieved some PM's so I'll answer them here.
If you have already good experience from your home country in dentistry in root canal, crowns etc. then BU program is enough for you. But if not then you may feel BU clinical experience is not enough. So it depends upon person to person. After all advanced course is for dentists from foreign countries, so program is geared towards giving you finishing touch.On the other hand BU program is expensive only to loma linda program and cheaper than all other such programs.
i agree with your post. i mean, if you are not a good dentist and you have not study or gain enough experience from your home country school,than you should not expect to learn everything and become a better dentist here, after two years program. in this case there is no point to compare for example BU and UPENN or UCLA or USF programs,and say - well this program will make me a better dentist. everything which will make you a good dentist,you must know it already. this programs will teach you mostly how to communicate with your patients and the way of doing dental business in North America.
p.p. correct me if i'm wrong.

emsi said:
i agree with your post. i mean, if you are not a good dentist and you have not study or gain enough experience from your home country school,than you should not expect to learn everything and become a better dentist here, after two years program. in this case there is no point to compare for example BU and UPENN or UCLA or USF programs,and say - well this program will make me a better dentist. everything which will make you a good dentist,you must know it already. this programs will teach you mostly how to communicate with your patients and the way of doing dental business in North America.
p.p. correct me if i'm wrong.

thats not completely true . we were never trained with newer materials in school nor used laser or anything about implants or digital radiography . if ure going through school agin here... might as well learn somethign out of it. another thign what ive learnt about school here from seniors from my school back home and who have complted their education here say it is definately worth going through school here... cause we were never taught with such precision . we all have done numerous or rather more than adequate crown preps and RCTS but how many of us have used profiles or pro taper .arnt these the technology of tomorrow .. or rather today that we do need to learn . i have done evne that but whatever i know is from reading ,without any training ...
arnt we all here to learn the best there is to offer in the feild of dentistry ......

toothie said:
thats not completely true . we were never trained with newer materials in school nor used laser or anything about implants or digital radiography . if ure going through school agin here... might as well learn somethign out of it. another thign what ive learnt about school here from seniors from my school back home and who have complted their education here say it is definately worth going through school here... cause we were never taught with such precision . we all have done numerous or rather more than adequate crown preps and RCTS but how many of us have used profiles or pro taper .arnt these the technology of tomorrow .. or rather today that we do need to learn . i have done evne that but whatever i know is from reading ,without any training ...
arnt we all here to learn the best there is to offer in the feild of dentistry ......
of course there are new technologies to learn. but new technologies come every year. you can learn them by just attending courses, it is not necessary to go to school for two years. if you have good basic education,you can 'upgrade" your skills easily by going to courses. i agree that every program must teach you something, and of course it will teach you something, and it will contribute to your educations, but overall it can not make you a good dentist and it will not give you everything wich you miss during your primary dental education. it will teach us how to use all new technologies - that is great, but what about 10 years later - do we have to go again through this program? don't get me wrong - i'm not saying that there is no point of doing this two year rograms here, of course there is. i'm just thinking that we should not take as a granted that these programs will make you a better dentist, if you are not one already.

emsi said:
of course there are new technologies to learn. but new technologies come every year. you can learn them by just attending courses, it is not necessary to go to school for two years. if you have good basic education,you can 'upgrade" your skills easily by going to courses. i agree that every program must teach you something, and of course it will teach you something, and it will contribute to your educations, but overall it can not make you a good dentist and it will not give you everything wich you miss during your primary dental education. it will teach us how to use all new technologies - that is great, but what about 10 years later - do we have to go again through this program? don't get me wrong - i'm not saying that there is no point of doing this two year rograms here, of course there is. i'm just thinking that we should not take as a granted that these programs will make you a better dentist, if you are not one already.

i agree with u .. but cause we have to go through 2 yrs of school.... might as well get the best out of it.... and gain as much knowledge as possible.... :)

hello rajkang,

Your posts have been truely informative, and thanks for the wounderful feedbacks.So have you allready graduated from school?

-pallavi rakesh

rajkang said:
Well official requirement is 1 RCT.
You might get a chance to do more than one RCT on patients.
One problem would be poor patients, who come and get temporary filling and never come back and you dont get credit for RCT.

hi..
what are the other official requirements.

rajkang said:
another thing is that school is in poor neighbourhood and lots of patients are poor. There have been instances where dental students lost their bags or laptops while in school.
In BU, whenever you do something like a filling, your teacher will sign on a sheet. That is all the record that is there. Somebody took one girl's backpack with all the signature sheets. Now imagine her plight.
There was one male dental student walking home at 9pm, while on cell phone somebody put a gun on his head. Took his cell phone and his wallet and made him lie on ground.
There have been reports of laptops getting stolen from locked apartments near BU.
So be carefulllllll..........................

Rajkang,

Hi! I must say that your words express your thoughts very well... and looks as though you're pretty pissed with BU. Looks like BU didnt live upto your expectations ????
Anywayz...Thanks for all the insightful posts. I hope you get to learn a lot more while at BU and hope your studies go uneventful.
Keep us posted... you sound great on SDN!!

~uabdentist~

rajkang said:
Lots of wrong assumptions here.
I dont study in BU. I am giving info as I was getting lots of PM's so I thought I'll let everybody know about what I know about BU. I know my last post didnt sound good but it may help somebody avoid lots of grief. This is why I had put a "So be carefulllllll.........................." message at the end. I hope now I sound better.:laugh:
hi

just curious where are u studying?

Rajkanj

If you are not even studying in BU ...YOU should NOT be posting any information about the school . Do not give your assumptions about the school and misguide a lot of students. I hope you know what is in your best interest.You are bad mouthing Boston University and spreading a lot of rumors about the school. I hope that you are seriously aware that many senior students and professors from many schools and Universities including BU browse through these forums everyday... and because you really sound like a very misguided person about great universities like BU ..which give students every chance to make it in their lives. Do you have any idea how many students try to get into BU year after year .....

You must be glad that this great country (USA) gives an equal chance to everyone of the deserving students to study and to do something about their life( including *****s like you)...I think you should spend your time productively instead of everyday posts on BU.
I hope that you get this friendly message.

ToothAvenue

rajkang said:
Lots of wrong assumptions here.
I dont study in BU. I am giving info as I was getting lots of PM's so I thought I'll let everybody know about what I know about BU. I know my last post didnt sound good but it may help somebody avoid lots of grief. This is why I had put a "So be carefulllllll.........................." message at the end. I hope now I sound better.:laugh:

Rajkanj,

I completely agree with ToothAvenue. You might have some truth in your messages but you have not presented them in the correct way nor have experienced them. So it is very hard to believe you. Sorry to say that you are misguiding the readers in this forum.

Thanks,
surgeblue

Toothavenue said:
Rajkanj

If you are not even studying in BU ...YOU should NOT be posting any information about the school . Do not give your assumptions about the school and misguide a lot of students. I hope you know what is in your best interest.You are bad mouthing Boston University and spreading a lot of rumors about the school. I hope that you are seriously aware that many senior students and Professors(like myself) from many schools and Universities including BU browse through these forums everyday... and because you really sound like a very misguided person about great universities like BU ..which give students every chance to make it in their lives. Do you have any idea how many students try to get into BU year after year .....

You must be glad that this great country (USA) gives an equal chance to everyone of the deserving students to study and to do something about their life( including *****s like you)...I think you should spend your time productively instead of everyday posts on BU.

ToothAvenue

Toothavenue said:
Rajkanj

If you are not even studying in BU ...YOU should NOT be posting any information about the school . Do not give your assumptions about the school and misguide a lot of students. I hope you know what is in your best interest.You are bad mouthing Boston University and spreading a lot of rumors about the school. I hope that you are seriously aware that many senior students and Professors(like myself) from many schools and Universities including BU browse through these forums everyday... and because you really sound like a very misguided person about great universities like BU ..which give students every chance to make it in their lives. Do you have any idea how many students try to get into BU year after year .....

ToothAvenue
I completely agree with you, it is such a privilege to be part of Boston University, and there is no excuse at all to blur and spoil the image of this great institution in such a dishonest way.

PLUS BOSTON ROCKS with its New England style, I have learned so many interesting things from upper Maine to Cape Cod, NE is a wonderful place to live, not to mention the unique taste one can experience in a great city like Boston.

I am proud to be a BUSDM Class of 2007

Toothavenue said:
Rajkanj

ToothAvenue

I do agree with you ToothAvenue.
This country gave me the chance to continue my education and I must remember that USA opens its hands to immigrants and just remember that BU accepts a lot of international students like other great schools throughout the states.
I,as an international dentist,feel bad when other people talk trash towards Boston University as well as other American Universities.
Please DON'T SPEAK on somebody's behave,SPEAK on your own behave.
I am proud to be a student @ BOSTON UNIVERSITY,SCHOOL OF DENTAL SCHOOL,CLASS 2007.

rajkang said:
Hi Neha,
Transportation is also as important as security. Most of students who were living in harbor point moved to south block. So I would say try south block first, get in the waitlist.

South Block
35 Northampton Street
617-534-5800

lots of bu students also live here:
http://www.bostonapartments.com/harbor.htm

Best thing to do is, call south block and get their application and get in waiting list. I have heard that there is a one year waiting list for south block but we got accepted in just one month so try ur luck.

Langham Court
26 Worcester Street
617-859-7957
Langham Court is a five story 64 unit apartment community located only minutes from the Medical Campus. This development offers spacious apartments, bay windows, a landscaped courtyard park, central air conditioning, laundry facilities, individual electronic security alarms, and an underground garage with rental spaces for residents ($150/month). The property is within walking distance of the Massachusetts Avenue stop on the Orange Line as well as the #1, CT1, and Silver Line bus routes. Langham Court is cooperative housing meaning residents buy shares in the corporation that owns Langham Court and take part in property management decision making.

Studio $850
1-Bedroom $1354
2-Bedroom $1885

Estimated Commute Time: 5 minutes (walking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parmelee Court - http://www.bostonapartments.com/parmeleecourt.htm
1782 Washington Street
617-427-7745
Parmelee Court offers a mix of flat and duplex apartments located only a couple of blocks away from the Medical Campus. Each unit has wall-to-wall carpeting and is equipped with an individual security alarm system. Parking is available on-site for an additional $50 per month. Private courtyard area and laundry facilities also on sight. Parmelee Court is on the #1, CT1, and Silver Line bus routes. The Orange Line is also within walking distance.

1-Bedroom $1300-1500
2-Bedroom $1500-1600
3-Bedroom $2000+

Estimated Commute Time: 5 minutes (walking)

Copley Rentals - http://www.thecopleygroup.com/

If you're looking for an apartment in the Fenway area Copley Rentals manages over 750 units in 30 different buildings. All are within walking distance of the D Line. Prices range as follows:

Studios: $900-1050 1 bdrms: $1100-1300 2 bdrms: $1600-1700

Longwood Towers - www.lincolnapts.com

Located directly off the D Line in Brookline. Approx. commute time of 30 minutes to Medical Campus. Great apartment community, but for most not very affordable.

Studios: $1600 1 bdrms: $1600-1965 2 bdrms: $2245-2930 3 bdrms: $3110 4 bdrms: $4900

They are currently offering one month of free rent.
-first, thanks for this info. it is very useful.
-second, i saw that a lot of people don't like your opinion about BU. well, it is yours and as long as it true, you have the right to post it and share it.
i would not comment your thoughts about BU or whaterver, i just want to thank you, that you share this info - particular Boston housing. (and as long as security is an issue - it is problem not only in Boston)
I can only hope that more people will share info about Boston, for me it does not matter if it is negative opinion or good one - as long as it true ,and it could prepare us for this program and for living in this beautiful sity. thanks again.

thanks rajkang for your useful information about housing, do keep us posted with more info, we will appreciate that.

Hi!
Does anybody have any info about school schedules? Is it 8-5 at school and then time doing labwork etc? Also does school work Saturdays?
Do post if you have any information.
Thanks.

rajkang said:
Answer to another PM:
BU is in south end as you know already and it is pretty close to down town. Infact I used to walk from Boston park Plaza to BU in 15 minutes. So if you live near BU, you also live near nightlife.
thanks for the valuable information, i appreciate that.

I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MY HOUSING SITUATION IS GOING TO BE AT BU AS IM SURE MANY OF YOU ARE.

I WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING UP A POST ON BU'S ROOMMATE MATCHING WEBSITE.. THE EARLIER THE BETTER!!!
THIS IS THE WEBSITE:
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Dept/Content.aspx?DepartmentID=375&PageID=6765

EMAIL [email protected] OR CALL (617) 638-5125 TO RECEIVE TEMPORARY USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO POST YOUR PROFILE.

I THINK THIS WILL BE A GREAT WAY TO FIND ROOMMATES AS YOU CAN TYPE A SHORT SUMMARY ABOUT YOURSELF AND EXPECTATIONS OF A ROOMMATE. YOU CAN ALSO SELECT WHAT AREAS YOU WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN AND WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND. I SUBMITTED A POST BUT SO FAR THERE ARENT SO MANY PEOPLE TO CHOOSE FROM SO START POSTING!!!

Thanks Raj,
The info about the housing was very very useful. Keep up the good work!! Thanks once again