GA-PCOM Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That sucks! How did they get in, thru a window? I can see why you want an alarm.

Danaha418 said:
Hey GA-PCOM class of 2010!
Are you still looking for an apartment and hoping to find a roommate?
Well, I will be a 2nd year student next year and I'm looking for a nice, neat, quiet FEMALE roommate for next year who is wanting to share a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment somewhere close to school. I lived in Suwanee last year so I am very familiar with the area and all the local apartments.
If you are wondering why I am in need of an apartment-- it is because my apartment was recently broken into and burglarized so I am looking for a safer place to live--having an alarm system at my future apartment is a must! I had lived in Colonial Grand at McGinnis Ferry, which seemed to me like a safe, gated-community with low crime. My car was also broken into this winter and the stereo was stolen. So, needless to say, to any of you first years looking for places- I would NOT recommend this apartment complex.
If you are interested in being roommates and finding an apartment with me--please e-mail me: [email protected]
p.s. I am not the Dana that is withdrawing from school--that's a different Dana! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Danaha418 said:
it is because my apartment was recently broken into and burglarized so I am looking for a safer place to live--having an alarm system at my future apartment is a must! I had lived in Colonial Grand at McGinnis Ferry, which seemed to me like a safe, gated-community with low crime. My car was also broken into this winter and the stereo was stolen. So, needless to say, to any of you first years looking for places- I would NOT recommend this apartment complex.

oh no no no no!!! I wish you had told me about this little incident before I did my lease w/ colonial grand...yikes! I was scared of living alone to begin with and now, well now I just hope they rob my apartment while I'm NOT in it :laugh:

max831 said:
Has anyone been approved for a Grad plus loan yet (as in the Philly office has provided the lender with the budget info)? Just curious, because I applied weeks ago and my lender is still waiting to hear from the school.

What is the web site for the Grad Plus loan application?

Members don't see this ad :)
drjds said:
What is the web site for the Grad Plus loan application?
Google Grad Plus. There are several lenders.

Danaha418 said:
Are you still looking for an apartment and hoping to find a roommate?
Well, I will be a 2nd year student next year and I'm looking for a nice, neat, quiet FEMALE roommate for next year who is wanting to share a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment somewhere close to school. I lived in Suwanee last year so I am very familiar with the area and all the local apartments.
If you are wondering why I am in need of an apartment-- it is because my apartment was recently broken into and burglarized so I am looking for a safer place to live--having an alarm system at my future apartment is a must! I had lived in Colonial Grand at McGinnis Ferry, which seemed to me like a safe, gated-community with low crime. My car was also broken into this winter and the stereo was stolen. So, needless to say, to any of you first years looking for places- I would NOT recommend this apartment complex.
If you are interested in being roommates and finding an apartment with me--please e-mail me: [email protected]
p.s. I am not the Dana that is withdrawing from school--that's a different Dana! :)

Hi! I'm very new to this network since I got accepted just last week. I would really appreciate some apartment suggestions - single or with a roommate. Let me know if you still need one. Thanks!

BMW19 said:
That sucks! How did they get in, thru a window? I can see why you want an alarm.

They broke in thru the door on my SECOND floor balcony- used a crow bar to pry open the lock, then kicked the door in- with the deadbolt still out. GET AN ALARM IS MY ADVICE!

hifaret said:
Hi! I'm very new to this network since I got accepted just last week. I would really appreciate some apartment suggestions - single or with a roommate. Let me know if you still need one. Thanks!

Please e-mail me if you are serious about finding a roommate! My lease runs out Aug. 3rd so I have to find a place in a hurry.

hifaret said:

My roomate Dana and I still need someone to share a 3BR, 2.5 BA house about 7 miles from school in a residential neighborhood, preferably a female. She's already posted back in this thread several times (snicker1045 is her username), so you can read more there. This is a different Dana than the one who recently posted above (DanaHa418). Let either of us know if you're interested!

Alysa

Alysa,
thanks so much! I'll let you know for sure soon. Since I'm completely unfamiliar with the apartments situation there I would really appreciate some suggestions of places to think about and any other tips you might have. Thanks!

Khyati

Ummm, it looks like someone accidentally signed on under my name and posted some things. I believe it was Dana H. on the 25th. We use the same computers at school sometimes and it saves your username and password for SDN. Anyway, just letting everyone know that it was probably Dana H. and not me that posted some stuff about their apartment on the 25th.
Brent

Members don't see this ad :)
http://couchforsale.shutterfly.com/action/

Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are moving in and furniture can be very expensive. I am an MII at GA-PCOM and I am selling this beautiful piece for only $85!! That's right 85 bucks. Or best offer. The pattern underneath is gingham, but I will throw in a neutral color slip cover if you act now! It is very comfortable and there is nothing wrong with it, just want to make room for a futon. If you have any interest please message me or email at [email protected].

Thanks,

BMW-

:) On Saturday Morning my parents and I will be moving my households goods from a moving truck into my apartment at Sugar Mill. If you could assist us please PM me if you are interested in helping :) It should only take an hour or two...

Pizza and Drinks will be available after the truck is emptied. :D

Hey guys n' gals! I just found this site and registered. See you all soon!

-Trey

Hey guys,

Since this weekend is tax-free weekend in GA, I was anxious to get a final verdict on whether or not laptops were going to be required for our class. I just spoke with someone in Dr. Evan's office, and was told that while they have not made an official announcement yet, they have planned on making the laptop a requirement. I made sure they knew that this weekend would be the best time to buy one, and it seems they were unaware of that, so hopefully they'll issue an official decision soon. Looks like I'll be shopping this weekend... :confused:

Oh and as an introduction, I am 26 and married. My wife and I bought a house near campus which we're still trying to get settled in. We have a 2-yr old Yorkie, Madison. Can't wait to meet y'all! :)

Couch for Sale!!

Again, if anyone needs a great couch at a great price refer to my above post. I have had a couple of people interested in my apt. complex but I thought I would give my future colleagues first dibs.

BMW-

I hope they don't make a laptop official yet. With our overage funds not coming for almost another week, there is no way I can find $800 for a laptop on top of everything else.

so the list of books that we need for term I is on nucleus...is anyone going to buy them or are you guys going to wait till we start?

personally, I'm not going to buy any of the recommended books...the required list is long and expensive enough!

candyland said:
so the list of books that we need for term I is on nucleus...is anyone going to buy them or are you guys going to wait till we start?

personally, I'm not going to buy any of the recommended books...the required list is long and expensive enough!

hey, could sombody post the book list here, the connection doesnt seem to be working at all, thanks so much!!

Hey congrats to all! Just wanted to see if anyone who plays ANY type of musical instrument or sings would be interested in playing sometime? PM me if so.

Thanks-B

Ok, I have to vent. I'm at the library because I currently do not have internet at the apartment.

My wife and I just moved down to GA on Sunday. It took basically our entire savings and some loans to do everything we needed to do to start down here. She has a job as a RN but won't get paid until mid-September.

Now, I would appreciate some replies from you HPSP people. I am on the Army scholarship. I took out stafford loans to cover some of the moving costs and living expenses until money starts to come in; I was depending on the overage to last until the paychecks start. I talked to PCOM-Philly yesterday and was told I am getting a whopping $0 in overage.

Apparently what they did is jack up my stafford/use what I was getting in overage to pay my tuition because the Army always pays tuition 1-2 months late. Everyone I have talked to said they release the stafford and bill the Army the tuition plus late fees.

I have no idea why they did this, but nobody I spoke to is going to budge on the issue. So, I get to survive on my stipend alone until October. I have no money to buy books, pay the rent, get gas, etc. I am really hoping this is some gross error on someone's part and can be rectified soon.

I will check this thread again on Wednesday when I have access to a computer.

If it makes you feel any better, the overage was about a 3rd of what it was last year for us non-HPSP regular students. I think tuition got jacked even though they promised it would not.

BMW-

HooahDOc said:
Ok, I have to vent. I'm at the library because I currently do not have internet at the apartment.

My wife and I just moved down to GA on Sunday. It took basically our entire savings and some loans to do everything we needed to do to start down here. She has a job as a RN but won't get paid until mid-September.

Now, I would appreciate some replies from you HPSP people. I am on the Army scholarship. I took out stafford loans to cover some of the moving costs and living expenses until money starts to come in; I was depending on the overage to last until the paychecks start. I talked to PCOM-Philly yesterday and was told I am getting a whopping $0 in overage.

Apparently what they did is jack up my stafford/use what I was getting in overage to pay my tuition because the Army always pays tuition 1-2 months late. Everyone I have talked to said they release the stafford and bill the Army the tuition plus late fees.

I have no idea why they did this, but nobody I spoke to is going to budge on the issue. So, I get to survive on my stipend alone until October. I have no money to buy books, pay the rent, get gas, etc. I am really hoping this is some gross error on someone's part and can be rectified soon.

I will check this thread again on Wednesday when I have access to a computer.

BMW,

I finally got it taken care of after some phone tag and speaking to some other HPSP people in the same boat. I got a little money and the rest should come by Monday so I can buy books.

Honestly, I do not see how you non-HPSP people do it.

How did ya'll like the little video conference today? We thought it was pretty funny/kinda scary. Nice to see everyone though.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
How did ya'll like the little video conference today? We thought it was pretty funny/kinda scary. Nice to see everyone though.

Did you guys hear our gasps when the camera panned and we saw how big your class really is?

As someone else said during the conference, enjoy the winter :D

HooahDOc said:
Did you guys hear our gasps when the camera panned and we saw how big your class really is?

As someone else said during the conference, enjoy the winter :D

:laugh: :laugh: Yea we do have a big class. Its kinda crazy though, in one week I recognize most of them. (Courtesy of the Bar Crawl and the cruise of Philadelphia)

How did orientation go down there?

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
:laugh: :laugh: Yea we do have a big class. Its kinda crazy though, in one week I recognize most of them. (Courtesy of the Bar Crawl and the cruise of Philadelphia)

How did orientation go down there?

It went very well and was actually pretty fun . I am really impressed with the school and faculty. I get that warm and fuzzy, "second family" feeling about it all.

I missed the last 2 days of orientation, does anyone have a course schedule that they can send me. Is it 8:00am monday morning?

Thanks

Zerosixjt said:
I missed the last 2 days of orientation, does anyone have a course schedule that they can send me. Is it 8:00am monday morning?

Thanks

Check Nucleus on the Blackboard. Click the "Home" tab and then on your right you will see "Blackboard Shortcut." Once there, go to the "Courses" tab, and then click on the "Medical Science I: Anatomical Sciences" link. Then on your right click on "Course Information." Next click on the "General Course Information" link. Finally you have the "Med Sci I- Final 2006 Schedule.xls" Hope thats not too confusing. Good luck!

Thanks,

I tried to find it but I got re-directed.

I have it now.

See you monday!!!

A bit off note, but does anyone know why a lot of businesses in the area don't have actual names? They are just named whatever the business does.

One more thing, what's up with the biomed students? Any of you met any of them yet?

HooahDOc said:
A bit off note, but does anyone know why a lot of businesses in the area don't have actual names? They are just named whatever the business does.

One more thing, what's up with the biomed students? Any of you met any of them yet?

We will be coming in today! Orientation and 1st day of class :D
I'm one of those dorks that can't wait till school starts...so I'm super-excited :laugh: :laugh:

future Dr. Pate said:
We will be coming in today! Orientation and 1st day of class :D
I'm one of those dorks that can't wait till school starts...so I'm super-excited :laugh: :laugh:

I was wondering where you guys were. Good luck and have fun! This is a great school.

ok well I have not been here in a while. Is everyone breathing well from the first day? I should be doing medical terminology instead of this :idea: oh well :clap:

doctorjoy said:
ok well I have not been here in a while. Is everyone breathing well from the first day? I should be doing medical terminology instead of this :idea: oh well :clap:

I am almost finished with it. I only have the very last exam to take. It's not so bad.

Have we gotten into school and forgotten about our thread? Or is everyone studying too hard?

Interesting is definitely a good way to describe today. It was kind of what I expected, and yet kind of not. One thing is for certain- today reality hit me in the face, and it left a mark. Time to party!

Hi everyone. I am just checking in from Philly. I have a question. Did you guys down south just finish your 1st SPOM exam too? (We took ours last friday and got the grades back yesterday.) Just wondering if we're on the same schedule.:D

We took our first ANS exam on the 8th and we got the lab practical grade that night, but we still have not gotten our written test grades yet. :(