You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Game Thread: Meats's Reading List: WWhat I Read in 2019
Started by vetmedhead
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why?Contingency Lynch MsP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because.Why?
People remember that roles and abilities were RNG'd, right? Like we just discussed that less than an hour ago?
or could someone "save" him? or cancel lynch?
[QUOTE/]
hmmm I’ve heard of night being canceled but not a lynch being canceled....
Actually VMH said the abilities for the most part correspond to the titles and content of the booksPeople remember that roles and abilities were RNG'd, right? Like we just discussed that less than an hour ago?
@PippyPony affiliation was RNGd
The bookish among you may have noticed that the role abilities are, for the most part, related to the title and content of the books. This does not mean you can role hunt based on books you know or thought I didn’t like or by books that feature darker content or evil protagonists. Roles in this game were RNGd to their affiliation, so knowing role name and ability alone will not give you a fabulous idea of affiliation.
Yes. That does not contradict the statement I just made.Actually VMH said the abilities for the most part correspond to the titles and content of the books
I know. That is what I am saying.@PippyPony affiliation was RNGd
You remember that there's enough books listed for fakeclaims, right?Actually VMH said the abilities for the most part correspond to the titles and content of the books
But affiliation was RNG'd, so titles or abilities won't be helpful in finding wolves. Unless the mods lied..... 🤔Actually VMH said the abilities for the most part correspond to the titles and content of the books
Me! I am!WELL WELL WELL WHO’S LAUGHING NOW @Navilly ?
I don't think that's what happened.or could someone "save" him? or cancel lynch?
Is coop still silenced?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This gives me weird feels. You say you usually have a village read on him early but how many time have you played with him? And it seems weird to me based on how little nav had posted at this pointNav made a severe tone shift from last game and I usually have a village read on him pretty early on but I don't have one this time which is concerning.
I didn’t really see it as shadei think it’s fun btw that you’re voting Miz while simultaneously poking some subtle shade at Nav.
Doesn’t he always do this? 🤣To me if felt like Nav just hopped on made a vote that sounded a lot more confident than it was and then all this started...
Why thobut I feel like there's definitely a wolf between the older (in terms of WW) vets.
She liked a post earlier but no comments, so I am assuming so, but no way to really verify that because it's not dayIs coop still silenced?
YesIs coop still silenced?
This is maybe the third game? In the past few games, even when other people have been wolfreading nav or warning the noobs not to village-read him too soon, I’ve gotten a pretty strong village read on him pretty quickly. n=2, so I’m not saying I’m perfect at reading him by any means, but even when he posts very infrequently I have still gotten a solid village sense of him in past games. I’m not getting it yet this time.This gives me weird feels. You say you usually have a village read on him early but how many time have you played with him? And it seems weird to me based on how little nav had posted at this point
She also said they wouldn’t be tremendously helpful. Which makes me think there’s at least one case where it might be. Regardless, I still feel good about the Nav lynch.But affiliation was RNG'd, so titles or abilities won't be helpful in finding wolves. Unless the mods lied..... 🤔
When meats usesMe! I am!![]()
Meats is always creepyWhen meats usesis it creepy AM?
Nah, mods don't scare me unless it's a bastard game.When meats usesis it creepy AM?
Apart from me who else is on your list?Because.
Well, I mentioned miz earlier, but I see my comment cut off from earlier. The reason I'm voting for you is because I'm still not satisfied with your votes.Apart from me who else is on your list?
Fair enough. Speaking of votes, when are those awards coming out?Well, I mentioned miz earlier, but I see my comment cut off from earlier. The reason I'm voting for you is because I'm still not satisfied with your votes.
The same date I originally scheduled them for.Fair enough. Speaking of votes, when are those awards coming out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah hi ms retaliatory
![]()

Just because there haven't been people voting for her yet doesn't mean no one has considered voting for herHonestly I’m getting feels about SAR. I noticed nobody voted to lynch her on D1 or D2. She’s been flying completely under the radar...
Edit: typo
This comment weirds me the eff out but that is a problem for tomorrow-meYou remember that there's enough books listed for fakeclaims, right?
What made you think I was sold on doggo?Also for more context this is the post that pinged me the most about barks not that I wasn’t happy to have someone on my vote if they agreed with what I said, but it felt like Barks was more sold on doggo at the time but abruptly made this switch. I think there was a bit of a question of why but I didn’t see an answer from Barks in my ISO.
Honestly I’m getting feels about SAR. I noticed nobody voted to lynch her on D1 or D2. She’s been flying completely under the radar...
Edit: typo
Ok now that I'm past my banana tantrum
What "feels" may these be?
No I was voting for MsP because her vote reasoning didn’t make sense. You could’ve replaced doggo with any other person and that reasoning would still be weirdSo (at least to me) she’s just voting for MsP Bc MsP is voting for doggo. Which feels very confusing/hypocritical.
That’s a lot of questions. Weirdok, so what is up with Pippy and Alissa? and Coop? Can't we all just get along?
Seriously, tho, it is making me wonder about Coop? Why so mean with the dislike button? Or could that be part of a post restriction, also? It makes me wonder if Coop is trying to tell us Pippy is a wolf? Or is she just being mean? Or, is Coop a wolf and wants us to think Pippy is a wolf, so we will turn on her instead?
Why’s that? And what makes them a triangle?Other than there ought to be wolf somewhere in the triangle of Coop, Pippy and Alissa.
I changed my mind after reading the threadI see Alissa is one of the leaders and I was feeling fine about her so far
She was mentioned on like the last pageHonestly I’m getting feels about SAR. I noticed nobody voted to lynch her on D1 or D2. She’s been flying completely under the radar...
Edit: typo
On another note, I could see BC and nav being in a pack together
Just the fact that you’ve flown completely under the radar and you e been the subject of little to no interrogation. You also haven’t posted a whole lot...Ok now that I'm past my banana tantrum
What "feels" may these be?
The fact that you were voting there with at least some rationale or thought behind it. I think it just more so stuck out due to the quickness of the switch and the lack of reasoning at the time.What made you think I was sold on doggo?
Just the fact that you’ve flown completely under the radar and you e been the subject of little to no interrogation. You also haven’t posted a whole lot...
I would encourage you to look at older games and determine if activity level for me is indicative of my affiliation
I can guarantee you it's much more related to what's going on in my life. And Friday nights and Saturdays are typically for relaxing and not being on my computer. So if you want to lynch me for that, fine. But I don't see any arguments there about how anything I've said has been wolfy
I mean to be fair you haven't said much beyond "I'm going to catch up"But I don't see any arguments there about how anything I've said has been wolfy
I don't like voting you for inactivity, which is why I haven't gone there yet, but at some point we kinda need a little sumthin' sumthin', ya know?
I mean to be fair you haven't said much beyond "I'm going to catch up"
I don't like voting you for inactivity, which is why I haven't gone there yet, but at some point we kinda need a little sumthin' sumthin', ya know?
I caught up. I posted my reads. I otherwise find it hard to add new thoughts to the thread when questioning avenues have already been explored. What else would you like, Pippy?
@SARdoghandler I just noticed your new avatar and feel like the sleepy golden nerd puppy is specially targeting me
But I dunno, some more substantive content with a zesty flair? It's starting to feel a little like you rolled wolf thrice in a row and are just over itI caught up. I posted my reads. I otherwise find it hard to add new thoughts to the thread when questioning avenues have already been explored. What else would you like, Pippy?
Night closed, results pending
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
N2 Results
@kaydubs @cubsrule4e
Dust. Slowly sifting from the sky, thru the air, landing softly on the surface below. Soon, a grey film covers everything. Slowly, o so slowly, devouring whatever lays beneath. Those that are not dusted regularly tremble, knowing that they will soon be gone if not found. Becoming one with the dust.
Gone is a special book, though it is not one book at all but rather 10 books all smashed together. Now that there is no book to read, who will be the Reader?
Dead is
Goodreads description:
If on a Winter's Night a Traveler is a marvel of ingenuity, an experimental text that looks longingly back to the great age of narration—"when time no longer seemed stopped and did not yet seem to have exploded." Italo Calvino's novel is in one sense a comedy in which the two protagonists, the Reader and the Other Reader, ultimately end up married, having almost finished If on a Winter's Night a Traveler. In another, it is a tragedy, a reflection on the difficulties of writing and the solitary nature of reading. The Reader buys a fashionable new book, which opens with an exhortation: "Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought. Let the world around you fade." Alas, after 30 or so pages, he discovers that his copy is corrupted, and consists of nothing but the first section, over and over. Returning to the bookshop, he discovers the volume, which he thought was by Calvino, is actually by the Polish writer Bazakbal. Given the choice between the two, he goes for the Pole, as does the Other Reader, Ludmilla. But this copy turns out to be by yet another writer, as does the next, and the next.
The real Calvino intersperses 10 different pastiches—stories of menace, spies, mystery, premonition—with explorations of how and why we choose to read, make meanings, and get our bearings or fail to. Meanwhile the Reader and Ludmilla try to reach, and read, each other. If on a Winter's Night is dazzling, vertiginous, and deeply romantic. "What makes lovemaking and reading resemble each other most is that within both of them times and spaces open, different from measurable time and space.
Please note that normal PM rules are back in place.
Please note all roster position changes!
Roster
15 players remain
On Hold at the Library@kaydubs @cubsrule4e
Dust. Slowly sifting from the sky, thru the air, landing softly on the surface below. Soon, a grey film covers everything. Slowly, o so slowly, devouring whatever lays beneath. Those that are not dusted regularly tremble, knowing that they will soon be gone if not found. Becoming one with the dust.
Gone is a special book, though it is not one book at all but rather 10 books all smashed together. Now that there is no book to read, who will be the Reader?
Dead is
@killerleaf , who was If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino, a VILLAGER who could add things to the night write ups
Goodreads description:
If on a Winter's Night a Traveler is a marvel of ingenuity, an experimental text that looks longingly back to the great age of narration—"when time no longer seemed stopped and did not yet seem to have exploded." Italo Calvino's novel is in one sense a comedy in which the two protagonists, the Reader and the Other Reader, ultimately end up married, having almost finished If on a Winter's Night a Traveler. In another, it is a tragedy, a reflection on the difficulties of writing and the solitary nature of reading. The Reader buys a fashionable new book, which opens with an exhortation: "Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought. Let the world around you fade." Alas, after 30 or so pages, he discovers that his copy is corrupted, and consists of nothing but the first section, over and over. Returning to the bookshop, he discovers the volume, which he thought was by Calvino, is actually by the Polish writer Bazakbal. Given the choice between the two, he goes for the Pole, as does the Other Reader, Ludmilla. But this copy turns out to be by yet another writer, as does the next, and the next.
The real Calvino intersperses 10 different pastiches—stories of menace, spies, mystery, premonition—with explorations of how and why we choose to read, make meanings, and get our bearings or fail to. Meanwhile the Reader and Ludmilla try to reach, and read, each other. If on a Winter's Night is dazzling, vertiginous, and deeply romantic. "What makes lovemaking and reading resemble each other most is that within both of them times and spaces open, different from measurable time and space.
Please note that normal PM rules are back in place.
Please note all roster position changes!
Roster
15 players remain
- @genny
- @WildZoo
- @Ms Procrastinator
- @SARdoghandler
- @Animal Midwife
- @dolphin106258
- @PippyPony
- @alissa14
- @Barkley13
- @WonderingStudent
- @BigCats
- @johnnaboo / @Miranda Senft
- @Coopah
- @Navilly
- @mizchiefmanaged
- sporty - Butter: A Rich History by Elaine Khosrova - Post Restrictor - RESALE VALUE $0.50
- doggo - There There by Tommy Orange - Popular - RESALE VALUE $0.50
- killerleaf - If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino - Post Editor - RESALE VALUE $0.50
It is now D3. Lynch deadline 7:00 PM PST/8:00 PM MST/9:00 PM CST/10:00 PM EST
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Either wolves hate low posting, are trying to frame people who hate low posting, or have some kind of post content modifier to their killing ability...
Also wtf, who moved me off the bookshelf
Also wtf, who moved me off the bookshelf

I don't know why you're mad about moving PM groups when you don't even like to PM
@SARdoghandler is it sad that I'm basically ok with that? lol
Meats's reading list is so much more varied than mine would be (if I read many books while in school). These books have sounded so unique!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 124K
