Gearing up for D-School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesOSU

Ohio State 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting butterflies reading this stuff - I will know this like the back of my hand in the coming years, and the pictures terrify/excite me, I don't quite know which emotion this is, haha.

www.doctorspiller.com

Stumbled upon it googling pediatric dentistry. It has all sorts of information, most of it for lay-people (but thats what we are right now, regardless of how we feel), and also stuff for people interested in becoming a dentist.

After a few rounds with this website maybe I'll pick up that dental anatomy book I bought at Half Price Books for $8, oh my! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

James, having recently being accepted to dental school and being in the same shoes you are, allow me give you some advice. Its Saturday night.. go out, enjoy yourself, and don't think about dental anatomy until next August. That is all.

James, having recently being accepted to dental school and being in the same shoes you are, allow me give you some advice. Its Saturday night.. go out, enjoy yourself, and don't think about dental anatomy until next August. That is all.

Montag, since you replied on a Saturday night, that means you were also on SDN :D

I am also here :| I am tutoring right now. Yes, on a Saturday night :D Let's not embarrass me more

That was Saturday morning when I posted it, and I was at work. I work third shift as a microbiologist in a baby-formula plant. It is now Saturday night/Sunday morning and I just got back from the bars, so don't think I'm an uptight gunner who is going to act like he's still in school 8 hours a day before dental school, but I think it's a bad idea to just quit all work and go headfirst into dental school without preparing even a little bit.

Studying, or just reading, on dentistry and anatomy could be a big plus to the quick start of dental school, and since I work third shift (and it's not that busy), I can take some of that time to do such things.

I'm not locking myself in a room until August, no worries about that :D And I plan on a trip to Vegas in early September after I quit this job and before school starts up at OSU (Sept 29th I think). Surely some other people must be thinking of reviewing their anatomy books...