You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Georgetown GEMS 2019-2020
Started by chapelhillqueen
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Girl who you tellin... no time for that! I was expecting to start by the next year if everything went well.Hmmm... I’m getting too old for gap years at this point. At this rate I won’t be able to start a family until I’m at least 34[emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Makes sense now.. thanks for clarifyingI think I'm confusing some of you guys lol so I want to take a minute to explain. The GEMS program is still 1 year, from July to May. You apply to Georgetown early on in the program, interview, and find out sometime in June if you got in. You go to Georgetown, do the preclinical for 18 months, take step 1, and go into clinicals. So you're getting extra time in clinicals.
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Is this the rate of those who went from the GEMS program into the medical school?Yeah, no I realized I was mixing everyone up lol. I also wanted to let you know that the graduation rate from Georgetown dropped to 89%, instead of the 97%.
No just the graduation rate for the GEMS students who went into Georgetown.Is this the rate of those who went from the GEMS program into the medical school?
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Dis they say the success rate of those who did the Gems program and got into the medical class?No just the graduation rate for the GEMS students who went into Georgetown.
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Nope. Haven’t heard anything. I feel like May 7th should be sent by this week latest, to give those to prepare and make proper arrangements.Has anyone gotten a May 7th invite yet?
SimplyyMee
Full Member
For those who did get an interview, would you guys mind sharing your stats? Just wondering the stats of the people they choose for the first interview date? Thanks
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Thanks for sharing! That helps just to get an idea on what they were going for.MCAT:494
sgpa: 2.71
ugpa: 3.1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Oh okay thanks for sharing. So they have already started sending out invites for the second interview.I received the call on April 9th for an interview on May 6th. Stats very similar to @Pete123
I received the call on April 9th for an interview on May 6th. Stats very similar to @Pete123
May 6th? I’m so confused lol
Yes the interview date is on May 6th. It says it on the website.May 6th? I’m so confused lol
SimplyyMee
Full Member
What was the area code from the call?I received the call on April 9th for an interview on May 6th. Stats very similar to @Pete123
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
Still no word for May 6th? Oh man. I’m starting to get worried now.
Same [emoji24] I submitted my app on the later side tho (April 10th)
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
Just got the call!! Interview invite for May 6th
Haha I guess he started calling everyone at the same time. Did you get the callers name ?Just got the call!! Interview invite for May 6th
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Congrats!Was it also a unknown caller ID? And did he call around 8pm?Just got the call!! Interview invite for May 6th
SimplyyMee
Full Member
A little scared i got a missed call from an unknown caller a couples of days ago, before i knew that’s how some of y’all got y’all invite. But they didn’t leave a voicemail or anything or called back. I hope it wasn’t GEMS and i missed the opportunity.
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Did they also send a email to you telling you the itinerary for the day? I wonder if someone missed there call if they would still email the person letting them know about the invite.He introduced himself as the director. I was freaking out but I think it’s Taylor ?
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
Congrats!Was it also a unknown caller ID? And did he call around 8pm?
Nah it was from a “202” number so I immediately knew it was them. And yup it was a little after 8pm
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
A little scared i got a missed call from an unknown caller a couples of days ago, before i knew that’s how some of y’all got y’all invite. But they didn’t leave a voicemail or anything or called back. I hope it wasn’t GEMS and i missed the opportunity.
From what I read they keep trying to contact you via phone and eventually email you with an invite so don’t worry! Also, check your spam !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SimplyyMee
Full Member
Okay, that would make sense. ThanksFrom what I read they keep trying to contact you via phone and eventually email you with an invite so don’t worry! Also, check your spam !
On the later side, I believe.did you also submit your application on the later side or early on?
SimplyyMee
Full Member
I don’t think it’s like a definite guarantee , i think those who do well in the GEMS program are “ highly” considered for matriculation into Georgetown’s next medical class. I think they said they had 85% rate of those in GEMS matriculates into the medical school, either at their school or another.So I don't understand. If accepted are we guaranteed admission to the medical school. How come so many of their students are matriculated to their MD program.
From what we were told Gems sets a certain average you have to meet, and once you meet those requirements you're more likely to matriculate. There is also a certain average you have to meet for when you're taking classes with the medical students, but it's lower than the one Gems has. So just meet the Gems one overall.
SimplyyMee
Full Member
No invite yet. I’m thinking if they haven’t called by now then i probably wasn’t chosen for an invite. And my application was marked complete 3/28. So in the later side.have you heard back yet? and when was your application complete? the website says they will call for interviews until tomorrow. fingers crossed lol.
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
Did anyone get the email yet about interview details/location?
Yes received the email last night
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
April 22nd Interviewees-
Do you know if there’s a place to store our personal belongings during the interview ? I have to travel back immediately after the interview
Do you know if there’s a place to store our personal belongings during the interview ? I have to travel back immediately after the interview
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
Hey email them and ask if you can store belongings. Dean Taylor will let you store it in his office.
Thank you!
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
See y’all in July [emoji92]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on acceptance.Can't wait to meet you guys
Anyone has an idea of what they will do for housing options in Washington lol? Im lost
Hey here’s a good place to start!
Georgetown | Off-Campus Housing Search
View off-campus housing & apartments near Georgetown.
Hey y'all! I'm trying to find female roommates and look for a place. Anyone interested? Excited about the coming year 🙂