This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delightfullyme12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting a thread for those applying to the Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS) Program this cycle. Feel free to post any comments or questions here! Goodluck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I applied too. Submitted yesterday but there was an x next to application complete. Has this change for anyone ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I applied too. Submitted yesterday but there was an x next to application complete. Has this change for anyone ?
That exact same thing happened to me yesterday but after looking at old threads ppl said they were “marked complete” after submitting so I think the staff go in and check your info then mark it comelete. I wouldn’t worry especially since they extended the deadline too. I was scared since I wasn’t “complete” by the deadline but they should go look at the materials and mark it compete soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that. I was so worried because one of my letters hadn’t been submitted yesterday by 5:00 PM but my professor made it right on time only to find out that the deadline had been extended lol.. has yours changed to complete already? I just checked and mine did.

I saw that. I was so worried because one of my letters hadn’t been submitted yesterday by 5:00 PM but my professor made it right on time only to find out that the deadline had been extended lol.. has yours changed to complete already? I just checked and mine did.
Yup just checked it got marked ready and complete. That’s so stressful my recommenders had months in advance and still waited to the last second too! Its crazy interview invites start as early as Tuesday. The wait is going to drive me mad all month though haha.

I was wondering that as well. Since they don’t have rolling admissions and the deadline has been extended to April 17th will they start reviewing applications already or wait until the 17th ?

I was wondering that as well. Since they don’t have rolling admissions and the deadline has been extended to April 17th will they start reviewing applications already or wait until the 17th ?
from the other threads I think they still start reviewing because they aren’t changing the interview dates so if they wait two weeks to start then it’s a lot of applications to go through. So interviews are rolling but everyone finds out admission at the same time.

Does anyone know someone who has completed the program and matriculated? I’m a little nervous about them not having conditional acceptance.

Does anyone know someone who has completed the program and matriculated? I’m a little nervous about them not having conditional acceptance.
I know a few and from what I have been told since the medical school chooses the GEMS you have a space in the medical school basically you just have to earn that spot by meeting the scoring requirements. Those who complete the program and don't get in are usually the ppl who didn't score low enough to be kicked out but didn't score in the range they detailed and those kicked out scored below the range if that makes sense. So theoretically if you score what you need and are professional enough you should earn your spot.

Reactions: 1 users
Not me. I was checking threads from previous years and it looks like the first interview invites were sent on April 16th.
Definitely starting to get anxious no interview invite for me either yet 😩

Members don't see this ad :)
Any interviews invites for anyone ?
Looking at last year the interview invites were all due to be out by the 25th and they seemed to have went out the 19-21 so hopefully soon

*sigh* It would be so nice to know if people had gotten interviews to judge if they’re just being slow to send out invites or if they may be almost gone.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m so confused how no one I talked to or knew who applied got an interview 🫤. Statistically I’m saddened but good luck to anyone who did get an interview

Hmm.. has anyone confirmed if interview invites were sent out? I wonder if they are just taking a while or none of us got one.

I’m not sure they’re really bad at answering emails so it’s so hard to gage

Hmm.. has anyone confirmed if interview invites were sent out? I wonder if they are just taking a while or none of us got one.
I think like they’re taking long to get back to people cause it just doesn’t make much sense to me why not one person on here has heard anything yet.

I think like they’re taking long to get back to people cause it just doesn’t make much sense to me why not one person on here has heard anything yet.
Wouldn't they send an email then? I hope they're just being slow though

I got an interview !!!! Hopefully you guys get good news today as well !!

What an emotional roller roaster I got an invite! Keep an eye out y’all.

No invite but congratulations to you all! Are the interviews still happening next week?

Don’t lose hope guys, I also emailed them yesterday and they replied saying invites are going out until 4/27. For those who asked about stats: MCAT 504 and 507. GPA: Overall 3.8 and Science 3.6 but I wouldn’t guide myself too much on that. Your stats are just a part of who you are as an applicant so stay positive.

Don’t lose hope guys, I also emailed them yesterday and they replied saying invites are going out until 4/27. For those who asked about stats: MCAT 504 and 507. GPA: Overall 3.8 and Science 3.6 but I wouldn’t guide myself too much on that. Your stats are just a part of who you are as an applicant so stay positive.
Oh wow, your stats are pretty good! May I ask why you decided to do a post-bacc? Also, are the interviews still scheduled for next week?

Oh wow, your stats are pretty good! May I ask why you decided to do a post-bacc? Also, are the interviews still scheduled for next week?

Thank you. I was not getting any answers from the med schools I applied to so I started looking into post-bac programs. Yes, the email says interviews will be conducted on May 1st and 2nd from 11:00-8:00 EST.

Has anyone who didn't get an interview yesterday gotten one yet today?

Any new invites today? 😢

Last edited:
How were the interviews like for everyone? Did you guys think your respective interviews went well? Would anyone mind sharing how the schedule was like for both days?

How were the interviews like for everyone? Did you guys think your respective interviews went well? Would anyone mind sharing how the schedule was like for both days?
I don't think they're doing another set of interviews are you applying next year?

They aren’t doing another round of interviews. I might re-apply for next year.

There’s still hope. I was moved from one of my waitlists few days ago.
That’s wonderful news congrats!! Are you still going to do Gems with an MD admission? I sent a letter of interest to my waitlist really hoping to not have to take a gap year since I’m not sure how that will look now

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all that applied, interviewed and/or were accepted. We are all one step closer to becoming doctors :) I was curious and wanted to know if anyone has created a group chat for those who will be enrolling in GEMS for 2023-2024? If not, I can definitely create one. Let me know!

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all that applied, interviewed and/or were accepted. We are all one step closer to becoming doctors :) I was curious and wanted to know if anyone has created a group chat for those who will be enrolling in GEMS for 2023-2024? If not, I can definitely create one. Let me know!
hi! Congrats to you too and nope I haven’t seen one yet!

Pleasee keep in mind that also with the grading requirements, your success heavily depends on if you are liked by GEMS faculty. They have favorites and it’s obvious. They like people who kiss a** and Im being honest saying that🤷. Kissing up will get you brownie points. They have to give a recommendation for you to the medical school faculty so you want it to say good things. If you do, do this program please make sure that you really desire to matriculate into georgetown SOM. I don’t think this program is worth the stress if you don’t desire to go to this school.

Reactions: 2 users