Georgetown GEMS or OSU Medpath?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ummm BP is that you who posted this ridiculous question :laugh:?! Let's stay focused people!

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm BP is that you who posted this ridiculous question :laugh:?! Let's stay focused people!

Is that really BP? Shame,lol. Okay at some point we have to do a reveal, maybe through private messaging, I was at the May 7 interview too Femme

For those of you on the May 7th interview...I was the tallest girl there so yeah...I've revealed myself!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you on the May 7th interview...I was the tallest girl there so yeah...I've revealed myself!

Hey how tall are you, I am a pretty tall girl myself? And there were some good looking girls in the May 7th interview too...lol...but yeah let's stay focused. There will be plenty of time for matchmaking once you get in the GEMS program...lol. Anyway, this week is our week, I feel it in my bones, plus I have been praying about it and keeping the faith. BUt God willing we here something soon, so that the small anxiety attacks and worry lines can disappear. Whose with me on that?

Ahh ha!! I kno who both of you are.... and this aint no BP! You can find me on Facebook if u wanna take a stab at it. Now... back to that cute girl question.... Can I get an April 23 representative to jump on the mic? While there were some pretty attractive belle marias there on the 7th I wanna see whats good wit the 23rd. I guess I should get into the program b4 I ask that question.... Anyways.... I'LL BE BACK

I'm 5'10 w/o heels. I had on a skirt and blazer combo. Capricious1984 how can we find you via FB when all we are given is an illusive SDN alter ego to work with. I guess I have to add every male on that list as a friend on Facebook...hmm 1984 I guess that means you were at least class of '06. That knocks out a few folks. Faithful are you located in Chicago or Baltimore?

yea yea yea.... we all know who both of u are. Word on the street is that GEMS had their meeting on Thursday... And stop tryin to guess who everyone is Mrs. Cedric the Entertainer

I'm 5'10 w/o heels. I had on a skirt and blazer combo. Capricious1984 how can we find you via FB when all we are given is an illusive SDN alter ego to work with. I guess I have to add every male on that list as a friend on Facebook...hmm 1984 I guess that means you were at least class of '06. That knocks out a few folks. Faithful are you located in Chicago or Baltimore?

I am in Prince George's County, there were only a couple of us from the "area" on the 7th, so I guess that helps you out. I am about 5'9'' w/out heels, so I am a close second. But i was being anxious and called to speak to Mrs. DeWalt today and she said that we should be hearing something soon. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so now my fatalistic beliefs are starting to set in :scared: ...I guess if its meant to be then.....

Im assuming no one got a call back today since its already 5:15 pm eastern time....grrr one more day of waiting....

You guys are paranoid.... Relax.... We will know something in due time. We will know when it is appointed for us to know. Not a minute before, not a minute less.

Hey how tall are you, I am a pretty tall girl myself? And there were some good looking girls in the May 7th interview too...lol...but yeah let's stay focused. There will be plenty of time for matchmaking once you get in the GEMS program...lol. Anyway, this week is our week, I feel it in my bones, plus I have been praying about it and keeping the faith. BUt God willing we here something soon, so that the small anxiety attacks and worry lines can disappear. Whose with me on that?

i'm definitely with you on that. Especially since the decisions have seemingly been made last Thursday.

Also, can we turn this into official GEMS '07 thread? If you get accepted please tell who you are so we can get to know eachother in advance. You can pm me if you want and I can pm it o everyone else or you can just come out and say who you are. Hopefully all the sdn people will be accepted. So far I know Femme and Memo...and ummmm...maybe I know who Capricious is:laugh:

Just dropping in to wish you all the best. :luck:

And on a FAR less serious note, I heard that the tall ladies who interviewed on May 7th were gorgeous which seems to fit well with the unspoken idea that you have to be a "dime" to matriculate at G'town.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just dropping in to wish you all the best. :luck:

And on a FAR less serious note, I heard that the tall ladies who interviewed on May 7th were gorgeous which seems to fit well with the unspoken idea that you have to be a "dime" to matriculate at G'town.:laugh:

Yeah...that's what I am talking about...tall girls, holla!!!! lol....but you are right Capricious, we all need to calm down, if it is in the bigger plan for our life then we will get it. But easier said than done. I don't mind revealing who I am, but how come know one else is doing it? Is there some sacred rule on SDN that you can't say your real name or something...lol...but only the people that were on May7th would know my face (well that is if I was memorable). Who is the Capricious character that has everyone in a tizzy?...lol...now I am curious.

Capricious... I feel ya man... I was asking the same thing. Were there any cute chicks in the April 23 interview? I hope they call us tomorrow

April 23 interviewee chica right here! I've been waiting for awhile now...seems like eternity...

I interviewed April 23rd! hoping to hear something soon.............

Great!!! Now..... Were there any cute gyrls interviewing with you? We had the better group. Got that May 7th pride goin on :D

Great!!! Now..... Were there any cute gyrls interviewing with you? We had the better group. Got that May 7th pride goin on :D

YEAH MAY 7TH!!!!! Sike, just kidding (a little) don't wanna get caught up in this.;)

.......Were there any cute gyrls interviewing with you......
Now I ain't trying to be funny but from what I heard, the brotha's weren't holding thier end where "cuteness" is concerned for the May 7th interview.:confused: And contrary to the popular myth about how much a brotha's stock goes up after matriculation into med school, keep in mind that THIS is the original Chocolate City. In other words, you guys had better come correct cause the pickin's for the ladies will be in GREAT, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL. :laugh:

Now I ain't trying to be funny but from what I heard, the brotha's weren't holding thier end where "cuteness" is concerned for the May 7th interview.:confused: And contrary to the popular myth about how much a brotha's stock goes up after matriculation into med school, keep in mind that THIS is the original Chocolate City. In other words, you guys had better come correct cause the pickin's for the ladies will be in GREAT, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL. :laugh:

I like you 1PATH

Last edited:
Lemme come back down to earth with my trivial and lighthearted comments before ya'll think im some predetor or something. Now in all seriousness, im not concerned with making love conenctions if I am so fortunate to get in (although if they happen, cool). I made these comments to take the pressure off of the many anxious individuals waiting to hear back from them (including myself). I know there wont even be much time for those that do get in, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, and kno that im praying for all of yall

Lemme come back down to earth with my trivial and lighthearted comments before ya'll think im some predetor or something. Now in all seriousness, im not concerned with making love conenctions if I am so fortunate to get in (although if they happen, cool). I made these comments to take the pressure off of the many anxious individuals waiting to hear back from them (including myself). I know there wont even be much time for those that do get in, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, and kno that im praying for all of yall

I agree! We all needed a break from thinking about the "goingz onz" of waiting to hear from the GEMS program. So the quick witted banter was much appreciated, don't feel bad :cool: . And I to am praying HARD for everyone :love: , cuz even though this is just a computer screen and no actual faces or personalization, I have grown accustomed to coming on here and reading what everyone says, everyone seems like good people.

Anyone has some idea as to if we might be hearing from GEMS anytime before May 31st? Wonder how many people might be in this year's class... I mean this year they had far more applicants and interviewees than previous years.

-thanks

Uggghhhhhh........ ANOTHER BUSINESS DAY OF ANTICIPATION.....Iono Mrs. Nguyen... all I can say is to be patient and stay tuned. Faithful.... you said you spoke to mrs. Dewalt and she told you soon... Whats soon? I feel ya capricious man, everyone here is definitely stressin over this. Keep up the humor. And 1path, I can think of at least 1 person thats holding up his end on the cuteness arena. I wonder who that can be? :cool: .. I wish all of you good luck. From reading this thing, everyone here seems cool.

Last edited:
Uggghhhhhh........ ANOTHER BUSINESS DAY OF ANTICIPATION.....Iono Mrs. Nguyen... all I can say is to be patient and stay tuned. Faithful.... you said you spoke to mrs. Dewalt and she told you soon... Whats soon? I feel ya capricious man, everyone here is definitely stressin over this. Keep up the humor. And 1path, I can think of at least 1 person thats holding up his end on the cuteness arena. I wonder who that can be? :cool: .. I wish all of you good luck. From reading this thing, everyone here seems cool.

When she said soon, I wanted to scream. That doesn't really answer anything. Like soon today, soon by the end of the week. Sheesh, but I guess that is all she was willing to give me. On the website it does say on May 30th, so I guess they can tell us anytime before then or right on that day.

They took close to 40 last year and they appear to be taking more each year....so you never know........plus I doubt if they would interview 60 students out of 180 and only pick 30....my bet is that it they will pick close to 80%. (This is only my gut feeling)

I'm not going to stress because I really feel my interviews could not have gone any better....I had good chemistry going on that day. So if I don't get accepted it is definitely GOD directing my path and narrowing my choices.

ANNNNNND I thought I might add.....I am representin' for the 4/23 ladies! Fa sho.....my name does not mean beautiful in arabic for nothing!

Good luck everybody....I hope we get calls this week!

I don't really see them inviting 60 people even if they are all qualified. I'm thinking they will likely end up with a number close to 30.

Do you guys think they will call everyone on the same day. It would be torment if only a handful of people logged on saying they got in while the others are like :scared: waiting on a next day call.

They better have great personalities!:laugh:

No... They are all just fyne.... and cool.... What 1path meant from that comment was that there werent many of us there to go around and she wished there were more :-D..... Phone calls..... COMING SOON!!!

I hope really soon as in this evening or tomorrow!!! Not sure if I can take another weekend of not knowing what's up...

No... They are all just fyne.... and cool.... What 1path meant from that comment was that there werent many of us there to go around and she wished there were more :-D..... Phone calls..... COMING SOON!!!
I see you've really been to DC before!:laugh:

Don't believe the "hype" ladies, there's plenty of good prospects around. Lemme see, where could one start....G'town Law, Howard Law, GW Law, Quantico, Northrop Grumman, The Pentagon, NIH, Ft. Belvoir, CIA, Langely AFB, DC Gov't, Med Immune, University of Maryland-Baltimore, Department of Homeland Security, SAIC, a gazillion law firms.....................................

Now I heard that there was a dude at the May 7th interview that was fiyah............except for the personality deficits ie arrogance. That wouldn't happen to have been YOU? :smuggrin: :laugh:

Don't believe the "hype" ladies, there's plenty of good prospects around. Lemme see, where could one start....G'town Law, Howard Law, GW Law, Quantico, Northrop Grumman, The Pentagon, NIH, Ft. Belvoir, CIA, Langely AFB, DC Gov't, Med Immune, University of Maryland-Baltimore, Department of Homeland Security, SAIC, a gazillion law firms.....................................

Now I heard that there was a dude at the May 7th interview that was fiyah............except for the personality deficits ie arrogance. That wouldn't happen to have been YOU? :smuggrin: :laugh:

HUH?! Who is this "fiyah" dude you speak of 1path? A detailed description would be greatly appreciated...you can send me a pm :laugh:

Okay 1Path, i was with you until you named all those places. I have lived in the DC area for lets say about 15 years, all of my adult life and have yet to really meet those guys. Uhm....so, since I am here can you tell me where to meet them so that I can get a jump start...lol..:laugh:. But yeah I am with Femme details please, I need to know who told you that cuz I am bewildered....not to say that there werent any nice looking guys cuz I guess so (none of them in my age range since I am a little older, so I guess I wasn't intrigued) but I want to know who this "fiyah" guy is too.

Okay 1Path, i was with you until you named all those places. I have lived in the DC area for lets say about 15 years, all of my adult life and have yet to really meet those guys.
I hate to turn this thread around but anyway....I moved here 7 years ago and found husband (#2:laugh: ) within 3 years. Now did I have some reptilian moments? Of course, but my motto is you can't out play a playa, 'cause I wrote the book!:cool: :laugh: JK, I was no ones player, but I have a keen discernment for BS which you'll need in DC!

So, I hear my friends with the Dr titles, fancy homes/cars ect say there aren't any men here too, but I've never quite understood what they were talking about. Personally, I think the problem is that most of them have that "I need a man making as much money as I do" sign flashing on their foreheads, which the average 6 figure brotha' can spot from a mile away. They see that and think "educated gold digger", so no deal.

The thing is that I've lived in about 10 different cities but haven't found the "selection" as plentiful other places as I've seen here. Man, all I can say is that if I have to get my Liz Taylor on (many husbands :laugh: ) DC is about as good as it gets.:thumbup: :laugh:

I hate to turn this thread around but anyway....I moved here 7 years ago and found husband (#2:laugh: ) within 3 years. Now did I have some reptilian moments? Of course, but my motto is you can't out play a playa, 'cause I wrote the book!:cool: :laugh: JK, I was no ones player, but I have a keen discernment for BS which you'll need in DC!

So, I hear my friends with the Dr titles, fancy homes/cars ect say there aren't any men here too, but I've never quite understood what they were talking about. Personally, I think the problem is that most of them have that "I need a man making as much money as I do" sign flashing on their foreheads, which the average 6 figure brotha' can spot from a mile away. They see that and think "educated gold digger", so no deal.

The thing is that I've lived in about 10 different cities but haven't found the "selection" as plentiful other places as I've seen here. Man, all I can say is that if I have to get my Liz Taylor on (many husbands :laugh: ) DC is about as good as it gets.:thumbup: :laugh:

Ima say one thing, then go back to worrying about hearing from the GEMS program. I don't totally agree with what you said. I am an educated, hard working, God fearing woman and I really and truly think that DC/MD guys are intimidated by those qualities. I have heard on numerous occasions that a guy would not come up to me because of this mysterious "intimidtion" mystique that I don't necessarily think that i have (an air of quiet confidence yes, but that's about it) and seeing as though I am not going to settle for anything than what I think is promised to me, I find it a little harder to find a guy. But I have been in my teacher world for awhile and hardly go out, because my world is teaching. :oops: Plus I rarely man hunt, but those places mentioned before are worth a try.

Anywho, back to the GEMS, tomorrow is our day ladies and gents, I can feel it in my bones (but if we don't hear anything until Tuesday, I wonder if they are closed to observe the memorial day holiday) please don't shoot me. :eek:

I don't totally agree with what you said. I am an educated, hard working, God fearing woman and I really and truly think that DC/MD guys are intimidated by those qualities:
It's cool. We can agree to disagree. But your post reminded me of this. I was watching an interview Tyra Banks did with a TV news magazine where she mentioned that she tells the men she dates "I don't need you, I want you". Well, I understand perfectly why she's single.

No decent, educated, hard working, "paid" man I know wants to be told "I don't need you" however true it may be. And the fact is that there's plenty of gold digging, gym exercising, southern cooking, hootchie mama's overly willing to stroke ego's among other things.

Having said that, I didn't "settle" either it's not my style, and in so many ways I was blessed with exactly what I prayed for and then some. But I also NEVER told myself that finding my soulmate would be "harder" either because I strongly believe that there's great power in the words you speak.

Which brings us back around to the topic. You guys need to start CLAIMING that spot in GEMS!!!!:thumbup:

Hey future gems! :cool: I'm soo anxious to hear back from DC. I'm stuck in an internship in the middle of no where and my phone only gets sercice twice a day, so I go nuts when I check my messages. I guess theres only today, tuesday and wednesday left, so I hope all of you hear good news!! dont let that phone out of your site for to long!

It's cool. We can agree to disagree. But your post reminded me of this. I was watching an interview Tyra Banks did with a TV news magazine where she mentioned that she tells the men she dates "I don't need you, I want you". Well, I understand perfectly why she's single.

No decent, educated, hard working, "paid" man I know wants to be told "I don't need you" however true it may be. And the fact is that there's plenty of gold digging, gym exercising, southern cooking, hootchie mama's overly willing to stroke ego's among other things.

Having said that, I didn't "settle" either it's not my style, and in so many ways I was blessed with exactly what I prayed for and then some. But I also NEVER told myself that finding my soulmate would be "harder" either because I strongly believe that there's great power in the words you speak.

Which brings us back around to the topic. You guys need to start CLAIMING that spot in GEMS!!!!:thumbup:

As a male, I get tired of hearing the sympathetic desperate cries for "good men" by women claiming that there are none out there. The reality of the situation is that it is true on both ends. I personally feel the SIMILAR about women, with the exception that I realize that there are plenty of GREAT women out there, but there are very FEW women for me. So with that being said, there are few women out there. We deal with the same scarcity as yall do. Yall deal with the playas, liars, and cheaters and we deal with the gold diggers, deceptives, and clingy. The only difference is that men aren’t pressed. Finding romance is something you cannot plan for, and has to happen on its own. We all have our specific standards. There are great guys out there, but the truth is that your screenings may be too narrow.... You did say you were pretty tall right? :-D. Most tall women have already eliminated all of the guys shorter then them. And you cant say that there arent men out there if u spend 90% of your time with your girls or at your job, and when you happen to go out with your girls, you stay with them the whole time. If most guys are intimidated by you, you might have "back off of me" body language going on that says im unapproachable or unreceptive.

As far as 1path's response, I agree with Tyra's comment. I dont care what nobody says, too much neediness is unattractive and repulsive. I dont mind being told that, it lets me know that she wont be overly dependent on me. I dont want to have to care for a woman like I would have to care for a child. I want a woman that can stand on her own two feet before she even meets me. No one should feel like another person completes them, they should compliment them. I think thats what she was getting at. Independence and confidence are sexy especially in the right blend of moderation and what tyra was saying is that I am an independent regardless of if you are there or not, but I choose to be with you because I want to be with you. Two independent people that compliment each other.

Famboi signing off

P.S. Lets just not expect to hear from GEMS until the 31, that way we will be surprised if we hear from them earlier

:clap: ...Wow FAM BOI....wow...I feel like I just got told and I didnt really chime in on this discussion...you raise some valid points...I'm guilty of all of them...:laugh:

As far as 1path's response, I agree with Tyra's comment. I dont care what nobody says, too much neediness is unattractive and repulsive. I dont mind being told that, it lets me know that she wont be overly dependent on me. I dont want to have to care for a woman like I would have to care for a child.
Call me old fashioned but IMHO, you're supposed to care for EACH OTHER in a relationship. I don't think I would call this child like, but I do believe that it's a man's responsibility is to take care of his family including his wife, a concept I see all the time in other racial groups.

As for Tyra's comment, I guess I understood what she said completely differently. But then I base most of what person says on what they do or what's going on in their lives. The fact that she's alone and has made it more than obvious that she's looking says, to me that maybe she should rethink what she says to men. Or that she needs to meet you FAMBOI!;)

P.S. Lets just not expect to hear from GEMS until the 31, that way we will be surprised if we hear from them earlier]

I Know right...

Just wanted to wish all of you all a blessed Memorial Day weekend:hardy:. Chill out and have fun, and get your ears ready to hear the great news on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ok... so .... Why hasnt anyone posted their acceptance phonecalls yet?

I wish...I am thankful that I have not received a letter or e-mail telling me that I wasn't accepted...

Whoever gets the call needs to be hittin' SDN up within a few minutes...so that I know what to expect or not to expect