Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't do the SMP with stats like those Abe. Your MCAT is good, your stats seem dece. Maybe it's your school list. Blowing 60K on an SMP is a waste of your money/year.Hello,
I already posted this in the sticky, but just to make sure it gets seen:
I would appreciate some advice regarding my situation.
I have a 3.59 cgpa, 3.25 bcpm, 33M MCAT (11-11-11). I applied to all my state schools and some out of state (NY), but have not gotten any interviews. It seems more and more likely that I won't be accepted this year. My applications weren't marked complete until december. I submitted secondaries in October (totally my fault, but I needed to get some cash together). My ECs are decent, not great. I have some hospital volunteering <100 hrs, some shadowing/medical internships (altogether, my clinical experience/patient contact is solid, I think), some community service (fundraising, tutoring), about 1 year clinical research with 1 publication, leadership (president of a religious club, organized some interfaith activities and charity fundraisers, etc), I also have some other activities that are more like hobbies.
I know my bcpm is really weak. I'm a Biology major, so taking more classes wouldn't impact my bcpm much, and I graduated in 2010 anyway. Would a special master's be a good route to go? Would I have a shot at Georgetown? Would it help me get into an MD school in the US? I only hesitate because it's awfully expensive, but I'd be willing to take out loans if it would help my chances significantly. Or should I just reapply this year and try to be complete earlier? Would being enrolled in an SMP help my chances if I apply while enrolled?
