Getting Denied without having taken the DATs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nightm4re

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to take my DAT's and have already been denied by Nova. I was wondering if its even worth calling the school to find out why they didn't put my app on hold pending my DAT scores?

(my gpa is not super competitive, a 3.1 but i was really counting on good DAT scores to help me get accepted)

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't mean to sound negative, but maybe regardless of your DAT score your gpa was just too low to be invited for an interview.

It's been said before on this forum that Nova has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.25 for both science and overall...and I'm willing to bet that they aren't the only school with this requirement

Sorry to hear that though! Good luck elsewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been said before on this forum that Nova has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.25 for both science and overall...and I'm willing to bet that they aren't the only school with this requirement

Sorry to hear that though! Good luck elsewhere

is that 3.25 also for BCP because my sGPA is significantly better than my BCP

In my ADEA 2010 guide for Nova enrollees it says:

Science GPA = 3.21-4.0
Total GPA = 3.29-4.0

it must be your GPA, You will have a better chance at NYU.
dont let some of these posts get into you. Try your best on the DAT on you should be fine.

it must be your GPA, You will have a better chance at NYU.
dont let some of these posts get into you. Try your best on the DAT on you should be fine.

I TOTALLY agree with Imanm!!! Don't get discouraged by these posts. :thumbup: