Glasgow c/o 2015!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perfbird

Rat Wrangler
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HOORAY!

I had my Glasgow interview on Thursday and I just got an acceptance email from Joyce (before I had even sent out thank you emails, oops), I absolutely cannot believe it, I'm going to be a VETERINARIAN!!!

I wanted to start this thread so I can meet my future classmates, I am so excited to be a part of this and I know we'll be a great class. There are so many things to plan before September, so hopefully we can go through it all together.

So awesome!
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
(This may be a bit preemptive as I am still interviewing at Davis, but I just had to start it!)

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! Just got an e-mail acceptance as well! Absolutely thrilled!! Congratulations Perfbird and all others who are hearing as well!!! Can't believe it, am in shock right now! :) I'm going to be a vet!!!!

Still waiting to hear about a few other schools but absolutely thrilled to be invited to Glasgow and am reading all about the city in preparation to be there in the Fall!!!

Best of luck to all those waiting to hear!! Can't wait to see this thread grow!

Congratulations guys!! That's awesome news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance yesterday!

Still waiting to hear from Western. It would be nice to live 2 hours away from home as opposed to halfway across the world, but Glasgow is an amazing place and I'd love to go there too.

Awesome!!! I have my interview on Tuesday!! I am so excited!! (They say a bit of snowflakes on Monday....but I think just five inches....which is miniscule compared to what we've had over the last week!!)

loolical and others that have interviewed: I was reviewing interview questions from last year. It seems the specific/detailed/difficult ones are related to one's experience ...i.e. I have worked with hawks and lion cubs (to name a few critters) so they may ask me about diseases specific to them...however unfortunately I really have no experience with horses so I would not expect them ask me anything about horses, correct??? Is this reasonable or am I way off base with this thinking??

I wouldn't worry about them asking you something you have no experience in Tambotie. They generally stick to what you know and what your background is in...and you sort of direct the way the interview goes. For example, they saw that I was from South Africa originally and asked me how I thought the animals in the game parks are treated. I said that a lot of money is put into keeping them healthy and they are treated well, with the necessary exception of elephant culling. They then asked me what I thought about elephant culling and what I thought other options would be.

They asked me flat out if I had equine experience and I told them I had only worked with donkeys and hadn't done anything medical with them. She asked me if I felt comfortable around them, and that was it. They focus on what you know, not what you don't know.

They don't mind if you don't have every area under your belt yet!!! That is what preclinical EMS is for in your first 2 years. They just love to see a lot of varied background, and genuinely enjoy hearing about the experiences different people have had. Be yourselves and just have a conversation with them! Joyce and Jill are wonderful people and don't want to make y'all nervous or uncomfortable in any way!!!

Thank you both! Loolical I was in Tambotie (hence my profile name) South Africa last Feb - March for two weeks. I loved it!!!! I do want to work with wild and exotics and conservation medicine. I have also worked at a companion animal hospital with lots of dogs and cats. I am interested in learning about large animals and other areas I have not experience in ....
Okay, so I feel better and am less stressed now.

Ok does anyone think it's weird that when I got my email from Joyce about an acceptance (!!!) that she said she enjoyed our meeting in San Luis Obispo when I interviewed in San Francisco? I hope this isn't some sort of dreadful mistake and she meant to send that letter to someone else. God I think I would die!

My interview was really relaxed, in fact it felt a lot like a disussion rather than an interview. It made it really easy to talk about my experiences that way and made all the questions seem relevant.

Tambotie, they didn't ask me anything specific about disease, and they only asked me about my own experiences. They would ask something like "What did you do when you volunteered at XYZ?" And I'd tell them, then they'd ask something related, like "How did you feel about that particular practice of..." and so on and so forth.

Congrats to everyone else hearing! I have lots and lots of questions for current students, so hopefully there are others here besides shortnsweet so she doesn't have to be the only person. :laugh:

How is life in Glasgow as a student? By this I mean could you compare it to US undergraduate study, as far as class scheduling, etc. Does Glasgow feel like a college town, or is it a big city, or does it have a small town feel?

As far as actual classes, do you get to pick electives ever? Are there any lunchtime seminars or guest speakers?

Could you give a 'typical' overview of a day at school at Glasgow? Are the professors approachable, do they hold office hours? Are there any opportunities to volunteer at local clinics to get hands on experience (besides EMS)?

And when transitioning from the US to Glasgow, how did you find your apartment/flat? What IS a flat? Is it recommended that 1st years live in dorms for simplicity? Do you have to cook all your own meals, or are there places to grab lunch on campus/near campus at all?

Question about pets - do you know how easy it is to find a place to live that allows dogs? And if you have a dog, are you able to bring it to campus with you and leave it in a common room? What I'm referring to is that, for example, UC Davis has a common room for each class, and people often bring their kennels and leave their dogs in there while they're in classes, it makes it easier for them so they don't have to rush home during lunch to walk/feed the dog. Do students get free food/discounts or reduced fee vet care?

Sorry for the barrage of really random questions, I thought I'd put them out here so I can try and get a feel for things. :love:

Good to know. Gosh cause I really need a refresher course on some of my bio and chem stuff and don't want a question like tell me the products of every step of xyz pathway?? :0 Just kidding. No really I am feeling better about this. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone else hearing! I have lots and lots of questions for current students, so hopefully there are others here besides shortnsweet so she doesn't have to be the only person. :laugh:

:love:Hehe..i'm trying to recruit other current ones!!! PJlovin and veridianbunny are around here somewhere...i'll see who I can coax back to the website...

Ok does anyone think it's weird that when I got my email from Joyce about an acceptance (!!!) that she said she enjoyed our meeting in San Luis Obispo when I interviewed in San Francisco? I hope this isn't some sort of dreadful mistake and she meant to send that letter to someone else. God I think I would die!

My acceptance e-mail says the same thing -- I interviewed in SF but it says she met me in San Luis Obispo. I am hoping and assuming it is simply that they cut and paste the e-mail formatting and forgot to change the city to SF. :)

I'm sure that's what it is, it just seems too good to be true I guess! Congrats!:)

Hi everyone!

First, congrats to everyone on their acceptances.

I am interviewing this week and veeerrryyy nervous!

Tambotie, I was wondering about your name :) Good luck on the interview!

I got my acceptance over the weekend too! :D
Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone interviewing this week... My interview was very relaxed and conversational, so don't worry too much about them grilling you!
p.s. shortnsweet wrote a great blurb about glasgow in either the glasgow/boston thread or the big thread including rvc/edinburgh/dublin :)

My acceptance e-mail says the same thing -- I interviewed in SF but it says she met me in San Luis Obispo. I am hoping and assuming it is simply that they cut and paste the e-mail formatting and forgot to change the city to SF. :)

San Luis Obispo.....San Franciso......

c'mon, that's the same thing considering they came from Scotland..heck, they are both in CA for crying out loud :D

I was reading through the packet they sent us before our interviews, and it says that tuition is 20,000 euro's, but that the max. for stafford loans is only $20,000- any idea on where we get the rest from? Thanks!

I was reading through the packet they sent us before our interviews, and it says that tuition is 20,000 euro's, but that the max. for stafford loans is only $20,000- any idea on where we get the rest from? Thanks!

** British Pound, not Euro

How is life in Glasgow as a student? By this I mean could you compare it to US undergraduate study, as far as class scheduling, etc. Does Glasgow feel like a college town, or is it a big city, or does it have a small town feel?

First, congrats to everyone that’s been accepted, and best of luck to all those still waiting to interview or hear back.

As a second year, I’ve found Glasgow student life to be much more laid back than the undergrad Uni’s I went to back home. The motto here is “work hard, play hard” and pretty much everyone goes by this… including the professors! (If you want a little taste of Glasgow vet life – search Mr. Vet School 2010 on youtube :eek: :D) Everything here is on such a slow pace.. good for some things, bad for others (ie when you’re waiting for exam results!)
Glasgow itself is the biggest city in Scotland – and therefore the most populated; however, being from Miami – Glasgow can feel quite claustrophobic to me at times. But I think a lot of that has to do with me not having a car here. There is a lot to do in the city itself, and if you ever want to venture off… the surrounding cities are just a short train ride away. There are a lot of museums here in Glasgow, as well as parks, movie theatres, pubs and clubs galore, and we even have a mall with an indoor ski slope so you can ski/snowboard all year ‘round! Besides all that Glasgow has to offer – there always seems to be some sort of party somewhere.

As far as actual classes, do you get to pick electives ever? Are there any lunchtime seminars or guest speakers?

You don’t get to pick your classes… at least for the first 3 years. I believe you can start to track yourself starting in 4th year. 1st and 2nd year consist of Anatomy, Physiology, Biomolecular Sciences, and Animal Husbandy – with a subset of classes related to Immunology, Bacteriology, Virology, Histology, etc. 3rd year is the “dead year” with all the rest of the “ology” classes – pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, and parisitology. 4th and 5th year are the clinical years with emphasis on small and large animal components.
Most of the “seminars” take place at the end of the day. There are a lot of research presentations and many of the clubs have guest speakers throughout the year. BTW - Club meetings usually come with free pizza and beer or liquor!

Could you give a 'typical' overview of a day at school at Glasgow? Are the professors approachable, do they hold office hours? Are there any opportunities to volunteer at local clinics to get hands on experience (besides EMS)?

As for a typical day, it really varies, but for the most part, classes start at 9am or later and on your long days, your latest class ends around 445pm. But… for the majority of the time, you’re only in class for about 4 hours/day. First years have their busy day on Friday – Anatomy all day long - It’s quite common for everyone to head over to the local vet student hang out –Lock 27 – for a pint at the end of these days! 2nd year seems to be long on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But for both years, there are a lot of free days and plenty of “tea breaks” during and between classes.
The majority of your classes will be at the vet campus; but First years will have class down at the main uni 1-2 x week, while 2nd years are down there 1 x week. Not a big deal though, as it’s only a short bus ride between the two. With the exception of Anatomy practical’s, all of your exams will be taken down at the Main Uni. First years definitely have it easy though… they try to ease you into the grad school way of life… so 1st year is definitely the year to take off and travel whenever you get the chance!
The professors are definitely approachable, but the majority of them don’t hold office hours, per se. Rather, you talk to them in person or email them and you both can decide on a meeting time that works for both parties. All the professors here really want you to learn, and they encourage you to speak to them about any issues you’re having from the start.
As for volunteering… it doesn’t hurt to ask. If you’re looking for a paid position in a clinic – they’re really hard to come by because the licensing regulations here are pretty strict. I would say this though, try to get as much experience as possible before starting classes. Any husbandry related work you do prior to vet school will count towards your EMS requirements. It's nice to get them out of the way so you can use your vacation time to actually take a vacation or catch up on your studies.

And when transitioning from the US to Glasgow, how did you find your apartment/flat? What IS a flat? Is it recommended that 1st years live in dorms for simplicity? Do you have to cook all your own meals, or are there places to grab lunch on campus/near campus at all?

I lived in Wolfson Halls (one of the dorms) when I first moved here because I didn’t know what areas were safest, more convenient, etc. I hated every minute of it…. But that’s probably because I’ve never lived in a dorm before and I was 28 when I moved in. They also cater for you – provide meals for you – and being vegetarian, I didn’t have many options. If you run a search of my previous posts – you’ll find a rant from me about the hell that was Wolfson Hall.:oops: But for the record, there are other dorms and some people did enjoy living there. I know a girl that lived in Wolfson the whole of the 5 years!
A flat is just another word for an apartment. I don’t think the school has an opinion either way on where you choose to live. If I could do it all over again, I would move into the dorm and use the 2-week cooling off period to find a private flat. (You have 2 weeks to cancel your contract otherwise your stuck for 9 months) I moved out of the dorm a month early and now live in a 2bed/2bath flat that’s a 10 min walk from the vet school. You can find flats online or thru school emails. Be aware though that there are letting agents who do not rent to students. My landlord requires that I pay my rent 6 months in advance. So it can be difficult to get a place especially when you’re first moving here and you don’t have a bank account set up yet….. but it is possible!
There are places to grab lunch on campus. But, the campuses here are not like they are back home. My undergrad had an entire Chili’s restaurant on campus… here, the vet school has “The Ref” and the Main Uni has the “Food Farm”… all food catered by the university themselves. Lock 27 is about a 10-15 min walk from the vet school where you can also grab lunch (or a few pints) if you’re not in a hurry. And down by the main uni there are a number of restaurants, chip shops, subway, starbucks, etc – plenty of options to choose from; but most people bring their lunch to school with them to save on funds.

Question about pets - do you know how easy it is to find a place to live that allows dogs? And if you have a dog, are you able to bring it to campus with you and leave it in a common room? What I'm referring to is that, for example, UC Davis has a common room for each class, and people often bring their kennels and leave their dogs in there while they're in classes, it makes it easier for them so they don't have to rush home during lunch to walk/feed the dog. Do students get free food/discounts or reduced fee vet care?

It can be quite difficult to find a place that allows pets. But it is possible… just gotta give yourself enough time to look around. My tenancy agreement states no pets, but my letting agent said I could ask my landlord and they’d probably just make me pay a pet deposit. You prob will have to pay an extra fee to keep a pet.
We don’t have a common room for pets on campus – but I think that’s a great idea and I’m definitely going to bring that up to our class Reps!! Students do bring their dogs on campus, but mostly during after hours (after 5pm) And to my knowledge, students do not get free food or reduced vet care at the school hospital. But I do know that there are a few clinics in Glasgow that offer discounts to vet students.

No worries about all the questions. I hope I was able to help you. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate! I was in your shoes before, so I know what it’s like. I have to add… I don’t for one second regret coming to Glasgow. Living abroad has been such an amazing experience and to be able to go to a school with people of so many different cultures has been such a learning experience, both in and out of class.

Last edited:

Grad Plus loans or private loans. :)

I got my acceptance letter this morning! I've been accepted at Glasgow and Dublin... but right now it looks like Glasgow is going to be my front runner (but I still have some research to do). I am still waiting to hear from a few schools but hopefully I will be joining you all in Glasgow this fall!:luck:

Had my interview today and It pretty much went horribly. While it was conversational I was not asked ANYTHING about my application. They were all very pointed questions on current ethical issues in vet med. So needless to say I was a little caught off guard and Im pretty sure I have another rejection coming my way.

Soooooo scratch my previous post........I just got accepted!!!!!! and IM SO PUMPED:laugh::) I will be attending Glasgow in the fall for sure SO EXCITED!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Soooooo scratch my previous post........I just got accepted!!!!!! and IM SO PUMPED:laugh::) I will be attending Glasgow in the fall for sure SO EXCITED!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Hooray! That's exciting news! Congratulations. Feels great doesn't it?

Hi Everyone!

I just found this thread! I just got an email from Joyce about my acceptance!!

Looks like I'll be going to Scotland!!

Congrats IHeartGoldens!!!!!! And everyone else!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I found out my baby sister was accepted to Glasgow this week. She's 13 years behind me - pressure's on! This is the same girl who challenged me to Hang Man in '94 using the word RABBIT vs my word, THORASIC. Soundly trounced that 6 y/o.

Hey everyone! I'm still waiting to hear from my IS school, but I will most likely be right there with all of you in the Glasgow c/o 2015, and I'm psyched. I'm currently trying to prep myself for the big move overseas, and I'm so excited to meet everyone thats in the same boat as me.

Congrats to everyone accepted, and a big thank you to the current Glasgow vet students who have already posted amazingly helpful info thus far. I have a ton of questions- so I'm sure you'll all be hearing from me soon.

We are all one HUGE step closer to being vets!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!
I'm so glad to have found this thread. I interviewed on Wednesday and thought it went alright, but you can never be sure...:confused:
I'm starting to worry since everyone seems to have heard immediately! Are they going to be sending out anymore offers??

SO EXCITED!!!! I got an email this morning from Joyce!! They are definitely sending more acceptances out, so good luck to those who are still waiting! :D :D :D

Glasgow looks amazingly beautiful and I can't wait! Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but has anyone started looking online for places to live? I will be bringing my dog, so I have to find my own apartment rental. I just want to get an idea of the prices and areas to watch out for...

SO EXCITED!!!! I got an email this morning from Joyce!! They are definitely sending more acceptances out, so good luck to those who are still waiting! :D :D :D

Glasgow looks amazingly beautiful and I can't wait! Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but has anyone started looking online for places to live? I will be bringing my dog, so I have to find my own apartment rental. I just want to get an idea of the prices and areas to watch out for...

Hmmm.. I assumed I was getting a rejection letter since I haven't heard back. Maybe I'll wait until I hear back before I give my definite yes to Edinburgh, and start comparing the two since Edinburgh is the leader right now as I look at my acceptances.

Thanks for the info! And congrats on your acceptance! :)

Hmmm.. I assumed I was getting a rejection letter since I haven't heard back. Maybe I'll wait until I hear back before I give my definite yes to Edinburgh, and start comparing the two since Edinburgh is the leader right now as I look at my acceptances.

Thanks for the info! And congrats on your acceptance! :)

Thanks! Nope, I think they are probably just going through their interviews again slowly. You will probably get in! Anyway, Edinburgh is such a great school! My friend is going there and she is loving it. :)

Congratulations!!! :D
I haven't officially made up my mind yet, but Glasgow it top of my list so I started looking into the dog stuff already, and the take-home message seems to be... start right now! You have six months after getting their microchip, rabies vacc., and blood test before you can get your certificate, which you have to take to USDA, etc. It sounds overwhelming, but a woman at the vet clinic has been super helpful and the information on the web is relatively straight-forward. I am a bit worried about finding an apartment that takes dogs though... I am sure there are plenty, but the stress of flying there with your dog and then hoping you find a good home quickly enough seems a bit crazy! well, who doesn't love a good adventure in a foreign country? :laugh:
Congrat's again!

Huge congrats to everyone hearing acceptances! :D This is so exciting!

As far as living, I was told that a 'bunch' of vet students live in Anniesland, so I will probably be looking to live in that area if I end up going to Glasgow. I think I'm going to ask Joyce if she could put me on the mailing list to receive the emails for current students looking for roomates or that are moving out. I trust vet students to live in decent places, and compared to where I live right now anything would be an upgrade.

Thanks PJ, your information is really helpful, I really appreciate it. I'm SO happy to hear there's a Starbucks, yesssssss!

Thanks Monkeylove! A belated congrats to you too!!
I have started the PETS process... hehe, before I was accepted, just in case:oops: There was no way I was going to let him stay behind! I just hope nothing goes wrong through the long process. I'm waiting for the certificate now, and looking into flights. Here's to having luck at the airport...

And thanks for the heads up about the mailing list and Anniesland, Perfbird! That's going to be super helpful if I could get in on that too :D

Congrats to all those accepted thus far.

For those wondering where everything is in relation to one another (i.e. Anniesland, Vet Campus, etc).. check out my previous post. It includes a Glasgow map and description of the areas involved: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7805328&highlight=anniesland#post7805328

Unless you choose to live in one of the dorms (i.e. Wolfson Hall, Queen Maragaret, etc.) you would be wise to avoid flats in the Maryhill area.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Thanks Monkeylove! A belated congrats to you too!!
I have started the PETS process... hehe, before I was accepted, just in case:oops: There was no way I was going to let him stay behind! I just hope nothing goes wrong through the long process. I'm waiting for the certificate now, and looking into flights. Here's to having luck at the airport...

And thanks for the heads up about the mailing list and Anniesland, Perfbird! That's going to be super helpful if I could get in on that too :D

haha, you are waaaay ahead of me then! Luckilly I think I'll be able to sneak my dogs in just in time :)
Have you had any luck looking up airlines? I called Virgin and British Airways and both are SUPER expensive but I think Virgin was a bit cheaper... good think I will be selling almost all my possessions before moving, cuz I will definitely need all the money I can save to transport the pups! It is kind of funny though, I don't think the'll ever see US soil again.... not like they care :rolleyes:

Oh, and PJlovin, thanks for the link to that post, the information is really helpful! I feel like at least now I have an idea of where to start looking for my potential new home in the wonderful city of Glasgow :biglove:

Hey Everyone!

How exactly should we go about finding a flat to live in? I'm in my late twenties and don't want to live in a dorm. Where do I search to find them?

Any ideas?

Can't wait til September!

Congrats to all those accepted thus far.

For those wondering where everything is in relation to one another (i.e. Anniesland, Vet Campus, etc).. check out my previous post. It includes a Glasgow map and description of the areas involved: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7805328&highlight=anniesland#post7805328

Unless you choose to live in one of the dorms (i.e. Wolfson Hall, Queen Maragaret, etc.) you would be wise to avoid flats in the Maryhill area.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

I noticed on that post you have a few friends that are married, are they from the US? Does anyone comment on how difficult it was for spouses to find jobs (if they are working). I'm bringing my fiance with me if I decide on Glasgow but were are getting married this summer.

Is anyone else bringing a SO with them? I have been looking into Visas for him and it doesn't seem like it will be that difficult to actually get him a visa but finding a job might be a different story.

haha, you are waaaay ahead of me then! Luckilly I think I'll be able to sneak my dogs in just in time :)
Have you had any luck looking up airlines? I called Virgin and British Airways and both are SUPER expensive but I think Virgin was a bit cheaper... good think I will be selling almost all my possessions before moving, cuz I will definitely need all the money I can save to transport the pups! It is kind of funny though, I don't think the'll ever see US soil again.... not like they care :rolleyes:

Oh, and PJlovin, thanks for the link to that post, the information is really helpful! I feel like at least now I have an idea of where to start looking for my potential new home in the wonderful city of Glasgow :biglove:

No, I hadn't had much success searching for airlines yet. Yes, they are all incredibly expensive! I've never made an international move before, and honestly, I don't know how I'm going to be able to part with all my things...:eek: Experienced international students suggest that I pretend I'm only packing for a three week vacation..

Thank you so much PJlovin for all the info! :)

Hey Everyone!

How exactly should we go about finding a flat to live in? I'm in my late twenties and don't want to live in a dorm. Where do I search to find them?

Any ideas?

I'm not sure where's the best place to look, but so far I've been recommended gumtree.com and like PJlovin mentioned in the link, the university has a database from their accommodations page http://www.accom.gla.ac.uk/pad/page9.htm

Def let us know if you find any good sites too :D!

Hey Everyone!

Any ideas?

The school has it's own database of flats that are available to rent: Private Accommodation Database; the vet school also has a link on Moodle where current/graduating students can post ads offering up their places for let or ads looking for roommates. :thumbup:

Gumtree has a lot of shady people on their looking to steal your money. :thumbdown: Be careful with that site - don't send anyone a deposit unless you know them to be trustworthy!

Here are couple "outside" websites where you can start your search:

http://www.s1rental.com/
http://www.citylets.co.uk/
http://www.parkerproperty.co.uk/
http://www.cairnestateagency.com/cairn/letting.asp?menu_selected=letting
http://www.gspc.co.uk/rentals/

I went through Century 21 with my flat. They (or the landlord) require me to pay my rent 6mo in advance... so be aware that this may happen to you since you are a student and have no credit in this country. All though, plenty of my friends went through other companies, or private letters, and pay their rent on a monthly basis. :)

I noticed on that post you have a few friends that are married, are they from the US? Does anyone comment on how difficult it was for spouses to find jobs (if they are working).

Yes, they're all from the US. My one friend's wife had her Master's degree in some kind of science... couldn't find a job throughout all of first year. She decided to apply to a PhD. program and got accepted under a full scholarship - so that's what she's doing now.

Friend number 2's wife was a lawyer back home - didn't find a job all throughout first year, went home because she was so discouraged, came back during 2nd term of 2nd year. She ended up taking on a job as a bartender and now she's a waitress. She was a lawyer back home!!! Mind you - tipping is not customary in the UK. :(

Friend 3's husband doesn't have a job yet - to my knowledge - but they just moved here in September '09.

Friend 4 brought their significant other over with her (they're not married) but he was able to transfer his job to the same company over here in the UK - so there's one success story for you.

Moral of the story.... it can be very difficult to find a job over here. Doesn't matter how qualified you were back home; things are different here - my lawyer friend was told that if she wanted to practice law in the UK, she'd have to take 2 years worth of classes here first.
Please don't think I'm trying to scare you into thinking there's no possibility of finding a job here - I'm just trying to give you a heads up. It can be very discouraging not finding a job from the get go; but you have to be open to every opportunity and you need to be mentally prepared that it can take a while to find a job you're happy with. Start looking now - the school's international office may have job sites where you can begin your search. :)

Good luck! :luck: