Got acceptance for California Northstate University...should I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beezyteeth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time posting, so sorry if I'm doing this wrong.

But I got an acceptance into CNU College of Dental Medicine for their first class ever later on this year. It is a brand new school.

Just simply asking for any general advise if it's a good idea to accept? Is there anything I should specifically be mindful about?

I applied late this cycle, so it's my only option for this year!

Any advise would be great! Thanks :))

Members don't see this ad.

Take a look at This from their med school.

It’ll probably be pretty messy with a lot of major growing pains. My understanding was they were trying to set their clinic up to be connected to the hospital they were trying to build in Elk Grove. That didn’t end up happening and they are looking for a new site. Will it be done before D3? What are their plans for clinic? Do you know? Do they even know?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The question you should have asked before applying is: Is it a good idea to apply to a a NEW dental school?

Reactions: 3 users
Based on the trend of the other new dental schools in recent years, I would guess that it would gain accreditation. But like most of the others, the first few years may have significant growing pains didactically and clinically affecting the first year class. Just more food for thought, not discouraging or encouraging your decision.

I would never want to be in an inaugural class of a “new” school. Especially when it’s for profit. Save yourself the added headache- dental school is rough enough.

Reactions: 1 users
No accreditation = no attendance

I will say something opposite. I think the school was okay and the coming dental student will take the science class with the same professor as medical school. If money was not your issue and you don't want to risk for another year, I would say go for it. But remember this school encourages team learning meaning you have to make sure you put a lot of efforts in studying. There are many dental clinics so I will not worry about finding a job afterwards.

I will say something opposite. I think the school was okay and the coming dental student will take the science class with the same professor as medical school. If money was not your issue and you don't want to risk for another year, I would say go for it. But remember this school encourages team learning meaning you have to make sure you put a lot of efforts in studying. There are many dental clinics so I will not worry about finding a job afterwards.
Do you currently attend their med school?

I will say something opposite. I think the school was okay and the coming dental student will take the science class with the same professor as medical school. If money was not your issue and you don't want to risk for another year, I would say go for it. But remember this school encourages team learning meaning you have to make sure you put a lot of efforts in studying. There are many dental clinics so I will not worry about finding a job tclasses are the issue here. There’s a much bigger picture.
I think you’re missing the bigger picture here entirely.

Reactions: 1 users
@Beezyteeth I wanted to PM you but I couldn't for some reason. If you don't mind, can you share what your application process was like for Northstate by PMing me?

Hey do you mind sharing your stats please! Thinking about applying here for 2022

Thinking about applying here for 2022
F8C36D01-7CAE-4A13-9FC8-ED7AB3E7165B.gif

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
You should be mindful of how much you are spending to become a dentist. In fact, you should be very mindful of how much you're spending and pick a different career if it costs too much. There are other ways to help people. There are better ways to help people. There are more cost-efficient ways to realize your dreams. Nobody is destined to cut teeth all day, I can promise you that.