GPA 3.75, MCAT 515 school list help & advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frczzle811

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working on creating my list of schools and would like some additional input.

White/asian (biracial) female at a top 50 private school (strong engineering school)
Biomedical Engineering major with Computer Science minor
Illinois resident

cGPA: 3.75
sGPA: 3.6
(will hopefully be at ~3.8 and ~3.63 by applications)
MCAT: 515 (129/129/127/130)

Research:
-one semester working on developing a computer program to aid in the lab's research methods (~100 hours)
-NSF REU at Cleveland Clinic ~500 hours, developed a machine learning program for MRI analysis, continuing to validate the method, in process of writing a paper with hopes to get it published (but not yet a reality), presented at poster session

Clinical:
100 hours from volunteering at the children's hospital
50 hours shadowing (internal medicine, surgery)

Non-clinical:
50 hours at a museum, tutoring, free clinic, etc

Extracurriculars:
sorority, have leadership position
programming board, leadership position
orientation leader
BME honors society

The volunteering and clinical hours are pretty low and I am still working to bring them up before applications. Any additional advice for getting a last minute boost?

Potential Schools: University of Illinois, Loyola, Rush, Northwestern, Case Western, Tufts, Drexel, Boston University, George Washington, Tulane, Rochester

What would you suggest would be reach? What level of schools do you think I should really be aiming for?

Members don't see this ad.