GPA after P1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JWilson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to get a feel for what my GPA should be after my first year. You always hear about the average GPA of incoming students, but its hard to find info on the average GPA of students after their first year or even after they graduate.

So what was your P1 GPA for those who have completed it and feel like sharing.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would my, or any other's, GPA give you any indication of what yours should be?

3.78 @ P1 year but goes downhill after that

Members don't see this ad :)
4.0 - But then everyone at my school has a 4.0...

At this point - your GPA matters very little - It is your personality, your contacts, and your involvement that will decide your future from here on out.

~above~

3.0 but it has went up from there.

However, I agree with the poster above that said things like contacts, networking and personality counts for more. People don't care that you have a 4.0 if you have the personality of a rock.

4.0 was what i had. honestly i thought pre pharm was harder then pharm school...

Hey, I just wanted to get a feel for what my GPA should be after my first year. You always hear about the average GPA of incoming students, but its hard to find info on the average GPA of students after their first year or even after they graduate.

So what was your P1 GPA for those who have completed it and feel like sharing.

Thanks.

At this point - your GPA matters very little - It is your personality, your contacts, and your involvement that will decide your future from here on out.

~above~
word. network network network and start thinking of ways to make money in this profession other than the generic Chain Pharmacy.

eh, I had a 4.0, but it doesn't really matter. Just remember, 2.33 = pharmd! Second year weeds all those out those, none left in my class after P2 year.

<3.0 and I'm not the only one on here... speak up people

4.0 was what i had. honestly i thought pre pharm was harder then pharm school...

I've heard that pharmacy school is as hard or even easier than prepharm from alot of people. Is that a generally true statement?

I plan on going to business school after pharmD so I still have to look out for my gpa but I won't worry too much about it as much as I am now.

<3.0 and I'm not the only one on here... speak up people

Gee-Pee-Ay

Schmee-Pee-Ay

The key words are "competency" and "pass".

I had one of the valedictorians in my school (not saying which class) growl at me one day last semester. I am so thankful to not have that kind of pressure on my head and pleased to value social skills over grades.

mine was in the 3.0 range. above it but not by much.

"I had one of the valedictorians in my school (not saying which class) growl at me one day last semester. I am so thankful to not have that kind of pressure on my head and pleased to value social skills over grades."

no kidding. and this person will be a pharmacist soon.

Hi Farmercyst,

Is it difficult to maintain a 3.0 GPA (required) or higher at USC? What did you wish you knew before you started your P1 at USC?

Thanks!

doesnt matter, who cares. They dont put your GPA on the diploma. I had below a 3.0 (closer to a 2.5 than a 3.0) and I know own two pharmacies. I made great contacts and formed a great network for myself. I knew what I wanted to do when i graduated and used pharmacy school to prepare for that. I will never understand those people who had to have a 4.0 and now do the same thing as everyone else. Since graduation one year ago, I have done more with my degree than most of the people in my class.

Wow, fieldkj, that's impressive! Would you mind elaborating on your experiences a bit for those of us (i.e. me) who just finished P1 and is feeling a little lost?

I'm trying to earn some scholarship money, otherwise, I would care less as long as I made above C's and learned stuff.

I've heard that pharmacy school is as hard or even easier than prepharm from alot of people. Is that a generally true statement?

I plan on going to business school after pharmD so I still have to look out for my gpa but I won't worry too much about it as much as I am now.

Surely you have taken basic economics and understand opportunity cost. Are you going to be a part time pharmacist while at B school? Throwing away 100k a year for every year you spend in school will make a serious dent in your retirement fund.