GPA trends, summer programs, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laxgirl06

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!
Hope you all survived finals. :clap: I just wanted to briefly discuss my GPA trajectory and then ask about my chances for summer programs. I am an URM female.

Freshman year - pretty stable 3.5 each semester
Sophomore year - rocky year 3.0, then 3.46
Junior year - 3.666 (still disappointed, but I am determined to get a 4.0 at least one semester.

List of programs:
1. Virginia Commonwealth University : Summer Academic Enrichment Program
http://dhsd.vcu.edu/pipeline-programs/college/summer-academic-enrichment-program/


2. University of Pittsburg

University of Pittsburgh- Summer Premedical Academic Enrichment Program (SPAEP)
Deadline: March 1 of each year

3.
Cornell School of Medicine

http://weill.cornell.edu/education/programs/tra_sum_res.html

4.
Harvard School of Medicine

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/biological-sciences/undergraduate-summer-internship-program/

5.
University of Chicago

http://pritzker.uchicago.edu/about/diversity/pipeline/psomer.shtml

6.
Harvard International Program

http://wordpress.sph.harvard.edu/mirt/

7.
Columbia University

http://ps.columbia.edu/education/st...e-and-post-baccalaureate-students/summer-publ

8.
Baylor College of Medicine

SMART program

https://www.bcm.edu/education/schoo...rsity/smart/admissions/application-components

9.
NIDA – DRUG ABUSE (not sure if I should apply, it appears there are only about ten spots+not sure if I am really interested in this one)

http://wordpress.sph.harvard.edu/mirt/

Please let me know what you think my chances are, if there are any additions/deletions I should make, general premed advice, etc. I live in the NE and the only "connections" I have are acceptances to Baylor and UPitt undergrads.