GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
So I currently have a 3.01 gpa which is low for physical therapy schools. I am in the process of retaking a class in the summer and will retake another one during fall quarter. If I follow through I can obtain a 3.2 gpa by the time SOME schools see my application, depending on the deadlines I choose. However, this may still not be high enough. I took around 20 community college courses while attending high school and got all A's (tells you how much easier community college is). So I was wondering, would my 3.01 gpa go up once PTCAS calculates my overall gpa since I have to send transcripts and coursework for all college classes? This could be such a blessing.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, all college classes are factored into your cum GPA.

Yes, all college classes are factored into your cum GPA.
Wow this is great news!!! Will most schools look at this even if realizing its community college classes?Its mostly chemistry and physics that have lowered my gpa. Im far better at bio.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please be advised that retaken classes don't replace grades they only add to them. If you graduated with 120 hours this would not be as much of a benefit as you might think.
ImageUploadedBySDN1469972855.744157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, for every class I took (and got an A), I calculated that I raised my GPA by .01 of a point!!

The other important piece here is did your undergrad count those community college grades? As in, did you just take them in high school separately? Or did you actually use them to obtain your degree? If so, how did your community college count them? (Just making sure they aren't already part of your GPA or reported by your undergrad school).