GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd say be yourself during the interview process. The faculty and students are very welcoming. The interviews are group interviews, it was two interviewees, two faculty and a current pt student. The interview questions were pretty standard and was somewhat catered to your supplemental form. They chose me and another candidate with similar backgrounds and there were roughly 5 questions. One question you and the other candidate had scenarios where you had to demonstrate problem solving skills. The interviewers want to see whether you're a good fit for the school or not, so just be yourself and see if you want to attend Stony Brook. I'd say take a deep breath and try to relax, it was smooth sailing.

Hey did you happen to Interview on the 10th of November? I haven't heard back from them yet, did they said anything about continuing to call people?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey did you happen to Interview on the 10th of November? I haven't heard back from them yet, did they said anything about continuing to call people?
I received an acceptance for the Southampton Campus yesterday. I guess that means not everyone hears back at the same time.

Yes I interviewed on the 10th! The last poster just received their acceptance so I am assuming they are still sending them out. I got my acceptance 11/21, so it hasn't been too long. Keep positive, I'm sure there's good news waiting for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I interviewed on the 10th! The last poster just received their acceptance so I am assuming they are still sending them out. I got my acceptance 11/21, so it hasn't been too long. Keep positive, I'm sure there's good news waiting for you.

I actually just got a call today and was accepted, however only the SH campus is available right now and there are 10+ students waiting on the SBU campus.

I actually just got a call today and was accepted, however only the SH campus is available right now and there are 10+ students waiting on the SBU campus.
Damn, I'm also waiting for main campus. I'm glad you got accepted though congratulations!

Have you heard anything from WVU? Haven't heard a single thing since submitting back in October.

I went to an open house at WVU back in October and they said they wouldn’t be sending out interview invites until December. And that the interviews would take place in early January.

Have you heard anything from WVU? Haven't heard a single thing since submitting back in October.

I went to an open house at WVU back in October and they said they wouldn’t be sending out interview invites until December. And that the interviews would take place in early January.

Babe, I haven't heard anything from them whatsoever.

KG, there's our answer!

Reactions: 1 user
**INTERVIEW UPDATE**

University: Penn State University
Major: Kinesiology-Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.39
GRE: Verbal-149, Quant-150, Writing-4.0

E-Submit: 09/07/2017
Verified: 09/08/2017

Observation Hours: outpatient-rehab aide: 1000 hrs, outpatient-volunteer: 240 hrs, inpatient-volunteer: 21 hrs
Extracurriculars: Presented research at Penn State Undergraduate Research Exhibition, Internships at Penn State's Center for Fitness and Wellness, CryoZone Whole Body Therapy, & FMC Corporation-Health and Nutrition Division, Kinesiology Club member, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority member
Honors: Dean's List, Health and Human Development Honor Society
Certifications: Adult CPR/AED, First Aid

LORs: 3 PTs (each from different facilities of employment/volunteer), 1 Kinesiology professor

Applying to: Temple University, Drexel University, Thomas Jefferson University, Widener University, Rutgers University-Newark (North), Rutgers University-Blackwood (South), Seton Hall University, Marymount University, New York University, Long Island University-Brooklyn, New York Institute of Technology

Interviews:
Temple University (11/10), Rutgers-Newark (11/17), NYIT (12/1-cancelled), Marymount University (12/2), Rutgers-Blackwood (12/7), Widener University (12/19)
Waitlist: Thomas Jefferson University
Acceptances: TBD
Rejections: TBD

ACCEPTANCE UPDATE
Major:
Biology
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.4 (depending)
GRE: N/A

Extra-Curricular: 4 year member varsity mens soccer, worked as a PT tech, worked as an ophthalmic technician.
Honors:
AD Honor Roll multiple occasions

Observation: 660 hours Outpatient 2 different settings. (orthopaedic, aquatic, sports, paediatric)
Letters of Recommendation:
1 PT, 3 Professors (A&P prof, Organic Chemistry prof, African American History prof)

Applying to: Usciences Philadelphia, Wayne State U, Thomas Jefferson, Daemen College, Nazareth College of Rochester, Sacred Heart University, The Sage Colleges, Gannon (ruskin)

Acceptances: Nazareth (1/12)

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: Nazareth (11/20), USci Philly (12/12)- declined, Wayne State (1/5), Thomas Jefferson - Waitlist

Hi guys. I'm actually not going to be applying until the next application cycle but I wanted to post my stats and see if anyone would be able to give me feedback on if they think I'll be a strong candidate.

University: Loyola University Chicago
Major: Biology
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.05
Pre-Req GPA: Anticipating around 3.54 by the time I apply (if school takes highest grade for repeated courses)
GRE: Not taken yet

Extra-Curric: Pre-Health Magazine Staff Writer, Co-Marketing Chair, Secretary, Founding Member and Co-Marketing Chair of Indian Equality Organization, South Asian Student Alliance general member, Intramural Sports

Volunteer: Global Medical Brigade to Ghana, Africa (Lasted about 10 days), 150 Hours in private outpatient clinic

Work Experience: Rehab Aide at Athletico Physical Therapy (outpatient clinic) ~850 hours by the time I apply

I'm aware that I need to add volunteering experience in different PT settings and do well on the GRE. If all my stats are above average besides the Overall GPA, do you guys think it'll be really tough to get into many schools? Definitely have made some big life changes and become more focused on academics since I graduated, but improving the overall GPA feels like a tough task due to the amount of credits I've already taken.

It would mean a lot of someone could give me some feedback, feel free to be as honest as possible!

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm actually not going to be applying until the next application cycle but I wanted to post my stats and see if anyone would be able to give me feedback on if they think I'll be a strong candidate.

University: Loyola University Chicago
Major: Biology
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.05
Pre-Req GPA: Anticipating around 3.54 by the time I apply (if school takes highest grade for repeated courses)
GRE: Not taken yet

Extra-Curric: Pre-Health Magazine Staff Writer, Co-Marketing Chair, Secretary, Founding Member and Co-Marketing Chair of Indian Equality Organization, South Asian Student Alliance general member, Intramural Sports

Volunteer: Global Medical Brigade to Ghana, Africa (Lasted about 10 days), 150 Hours in private outpatient clinic

Work Experience: Rehab Aide at Athletico Physical Therapy (outpatient clinic) ~850 hours by the time I apply

I'm aware that I need to add volunteering experience in different PT settings and do well on the GRE. If all my stats are above average besides the Overall GPA, do you guys think it'll be really tough to get into many schools? Definitely have made some big life changes and become more focused on academics since I graduated, but improving the overall GPA feels like a tough task due to the amount of credits I've already taken.

It would mean a lot of someone could give me some feedback, feel free to be as honest as possible!

It’s definitely possible. Just to give you some type of insight, I applied with a 3.2 cGPA and about a 3.6 pre-req GPA (with retakes). I applied to 11 schools this cycle and so far I’ve gotten 5 interview invites, 2 acceptances so far and 2 rejections right off the bat. Certain schools place a great emphasis on your GPA (as they probably should), but don’t let that discourage you. A good amount of schools are open minded enough to look at your application from a holistic viewpoint. Just make sure you do your best to get a whole bunch of volunteer/observation hours in 3 settings and that will prove your interest and dedication to the profession. Nailing your GREs won’t hurt either. Also, I would suggest that you really focus on the supplemental essays that some schools have you write. It’s a good chance to give them a look at you beyond the statistics and perhaps explain why your GPA is below average. Best of luck and keep working hard! It will pay off in the end.

UPDATE: ACCEPTANCE

University: University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.66
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15
GRE: V: 156, Q: 152, AW: 4.5
Observation Hours: 400 across two settings. I also have 1200 hands on athletic training clinical experience hours (I realize this doesn't count)

Extra-Curric: Anatomy lab tutor, undergraduate research on the Lower Extremity Functional Test, student senator rep to state organization, internship with the Green Bay Packers, internship with Athletes in Action, Pre-PT club, church volunteer, various part-time jobs

Applying: Midwestern University-Glendale, UW-Madison, Marymount University Hampton University, Rosalind Franklin, University of New England, Creighton University, Concordia University - St. Paul, Franklin Pierce University (AZ & NH), MGH IHP, USA - Austin

Interviews: Concordia University - St. Paul (11/17), Rosalind Franklin (11/18. Application "on hold" as of 11/27)

Waitlist:

Rejections:

Acceptances: Concordia University - St. Paul (12/4)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: ACCEPTANCE

University: University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.66
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15
GRE: V: 156, Q: 152, AW: 4.5
Observation Hours: 400 across two settings. I also have 1200 hands on athletic training clinical experience hours (I realize this doesn't count)

Extra-Curric: Anatomy lab tutor, undergraduate research on the Lower Extremity Functional Test, student senator rep to state organization, internship with the Green Bay Packers, internship with Athletes in Action, Pre-PT club, church volunteer, various part-time jobs

Applying: Midwestern University-Glendale, UW-Madison, Marymount University Hampton University, Rosalind Franklin, University of New England, Creighton University, Concordia University - St. Paul, Franklin Pierce University (AZ & NH), MGH IHP, USA - Austin

Interviews: Concordia University - St. Paul (11/17), Rosalind Franklin (11/18)

Waitlist: Rosalind Franklin (11/27)

Rejections:

Acceptances: Concordia University - St. Paul (12/4)

Congrats on Concordia! I was also at the 11/18 Rosalind Franklin interview, but I was under the impression that Rosalind Franklin didn't have a waitlist yet and that we could only be accepted, placed on hold, or denied. My application was placed on hold on the 27th.

Congrats on Concordia! I was also at the 11/18 Rosalind Franklin interview, but I was under the impression that Rosalind Franklin didn't have a waitlist yet and that we could only be accepted, placed on hold, or denied. My application was placed on hold on the 27th.

Mine was also placed on hold. I wasn't totally sure what all that entailed (still don't fully understand it), so I just put waitlist because I didn't know what else to put. My apologies to anyone who may have been confused by that. Will edit original post.

Has anyone heard from the University of Cincinnati? It is crazy how reticent some of these schools can be. I have gotten 1 email from them since I applied lol

Mine was also placed on hold. I wasn't totally sure what all that entailed (still don't fully understand it), so I just put waitlist because I didn't know what else to put. My apologies to anyone who may have been confused by that. Will edit original post.

Hey no worries! I emailed them for clarification because I wasn't sure either. They basically told me that they are still considering the application and aren't ready to give an acceptance or denial. The waitlist is their alternate list for people who would have been accepted if the class still had seats available. I know they had another interview last Friday (which was full last time I checked) so I'm assuming it'll be sometime after those decisions are made.

**INTERVIEW UPDATE**

University: Penn State University

Observation Hours: outpatient-rehab aide: 1000 hrs, outpatient-volunteer: 240 hrs, inpatient-volunteer: 21 hrs
Extracurriculars: Presented research at Penn State Undergraduate Research Exhibition, Internships at Penn State's Center for Fitness and Wellness, CryoZone Whole Body Therapy, & FMC Corporation-Health and Nutrition Division, Kinesiology Club member, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority member

LORs: 3 PTs (each from different facilities of employment/volunteer), 1 Kinesiology professor

Applying to: Temple University, Drexel University, Thomas Jefferson University, Widener University, Rutgers University-Newark (North), Rutgers University-Blackwood (South), Seton Hall University, Marymount University, New York University, Long Island University-Brooklyn, New York Institute of Technology

Interviews:
Temple University (11/10), Rutgers-Newark (11/17), NYIT (12/1-cancelled), Marymount University (12/2), Rutgers-Blackwood (12/7), Widener University (12/19)
Acceptances: TBD
Rejections: TBD

Hey! I was wondering why your NYIT interview was cancelled? Did they fill all the spots already?

Hey! I was wondering why your NYIT interview was cancelled? Did they fill all the spots already?
As far as I know! I was offered a sooner interview date, but could not make it. Then they ended up cancelling the later date, because they anticipated that the class would fill up before then!

Has anyone heard from the University of Cincinnati? It is crazy how reticent some of these schools can be. I have gotten 1 email from them since I applied lol
I emailed them and they said they don't do interviews. They said they send out their first round of acceptances in December but I haven't heard from them yet.

University: University of Florida
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.95
Pre-Req GPA: 3.92
GRE: 160 V/ 160 Q/ 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Senior Research Assistant, English Learning Institute Mentor, FIHT Club Member, Intramural Captain, Youth Flag Football Coach

Volunteer: UF Health Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration, American Cancer Society Hope Lodge

Observation: 144 Hours (Orthopedic, neurological, and acute care)

Applied:University of Florida, University of Central Florida, University of South Florida, University of North Florida, Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill, Emory University, University of South Alabama

Acceptances: Duke University, University of North Florida

Rejections:

Interviews: University of North Florida, University of Central Florida

nope! I applied to them also, I'm pretty sure they don't hold Interviews so maybe give it a couple more weeks!

Update: First acceptance!

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Economics
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.85 depending on the program
GRE: 158V, 159Q, 4.5W
LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 healthcare professional
Extra-curriculars: Intramural Tennis, Gardening Club, Sorority, Hospital Volunteering
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List, President's List, Sorority Academic Award, Economics Honor Society, Academic Honor Society
Observation Hours: 170 total; 102 inpatient geriatric, 68 outpatient orthopedic and pediatric

Applied: Lynchburg, UNF, UCF, Marymount, UNE, URI, Duke, South Carolina
Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5)
Waitlisted: UNF (12/4)
Rejections:
Interviews: UNF (11/14), UCF (11/17), Marymount (12/2), UNE (12/8), URI (1/4)

Reactions: 1 users
University of North Texas
B.S. Kinesiology(2015)
cGPA (PTCAS): 3.24(have some bad semesters from when I first started school as a Computer Engineering Major)
pGPA: 3.3-3.6(depends on school)

GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.0AWA

Hours: 1000+ outpatient ortho(working as tech) 20 in outpatient sports medicine clinic, 50 hours in SNF

EC: Member of UNT football team 2011-2015

Jobs: Player and Practice squad member of Atlanta Falcons (2015), Player and practice squad of Dallas Cowboys(2015-2016), PT Tech, Vitamin Shoppe health enthusiast, Academy Sports and Outdoors cashier

Volunteer: various community service events worked with teams that I have been on

Honors & Awards: Deans List, President's List, First Team All Conference USA Linebacker 2015 UNT Football Team Captain

Applied to: UNT, TWU, Indiana State University, Texas Tech, UTHSCSA, UTEP, Texas State, Angelo State

Accepted: Angelo State

Rejected: UNT, UTHSCSA, Texas State

Interview: Angelo State (11/11/2017)

Major: Exercise and Sport Science
Overall GPA: 3.36
Last 60 GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4

GRE 1: 152 V, 153 Q, 4.0 AWA
GRE 2: 152 V, 156 Q, 4.5 AWA

Experience: 1200 hours, 5 settings - 1000 outpatient (sports, ortho, women's health, general, peds, neuro), 200 inpatient (neuro, geriatrics, wound care)

Applied: Augusta, Elon, Idaho State, Shenandoah, University of New England

Interviews: Augusta (10/15)

Acceptance: Augusta

University: Virginia Tech
Major: English
Overall GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 159, Q 143, 5.0 AW

Extracurriculars: athlete, strength & conditioning coach, lots of volunteer work, CrossFit and weightlifting
Work Experience (I'm changing careers): 5 years in public relations and communications. Biology TA in college.
Observations: 90+ orthopedic outpatient
Achievements: Dean's List, honor societies
LORs: 1 PT, 1 professor, and 1 from my supervisor

Applying: Radford University, South College, Duke, Marymount, University of South Carolina, Shenandoah
Interviews: South College (11/2), Radford (11/17), Marymount (12/2), Shenandoah (12/14)
Acceptances: Radford (11/21)
Waitlisted: University of South Carolina (12/6)
Application "still under consideration": Duke (12/1)

Extracurriculars: athlete, strength & conditioning coach, lots of volunteer work, CrossFit and weightlifting
Work Experience (I'm changing careers): 5 years in public relations and communications. Biology TA in college.

Applying: Radford University, South College, Duke, Marymount, University of South Carolina, Shenandoah
Interviews: South College (11/2), Radford (11/17), Marymount (12/2), Shenandoah (12/14)
Acceptances: Radford (11/21)

When did you submit? I applied to South Carolina too and have been checking my email like crazy this week, but I still haven't heard anything

Acceptance Update!!

School
: Ohio State
Major: Health Science
cGPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.78
GRE: 157 Verbal, 150 Quant, 4.5 AWA
Observation hours: 135 outpatient: 27 inpatient
Extra-Curriculars: Publication in peer reviewed journal, internship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and Intramural baseball team captain.

Apply: Univeristy of Cincinnati (no interview), University of Toledo, Walsh University, Youngstown State U (no interview) and Mount St Joseph.

Interviews: Mount St Joseph (11/17) Walsh University (11/10) and Univeristy of Toledo (12/8; declined interview).

Acceptances: Mount St Joseph (11/27), Youngstown State University (12/6)

Last edited:
ACCEPTANCE UPDATE :):):)

University: University of Louisville
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.73
GRE: V 152, Q 154, 4.0 AWA

EC: three different internships (research, one pt-related, wellness coaching), variety of jobs (physical therapy technician, healthy living coach at YMCA, federal work-study student, alley coordinator at Red Lobster), few volunteer experiences (IRONMAN, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, Louisville Grows, Our Revolution, Student Outreach Uniting Louisville)
Observations: INPATIENT: SNF, sub-acute; OUTPATIENT: general orthopedic, industrial/occupational, wellness/prevention/fitness = 4 sites (~860 hours total)
Achievements: 8 various awards/honors/scholarships
LORs: 2 physical therapists, 1 major professor, 1 science professor

Applying: Bellarmine University, Chatham University, Youngstown State University, Marshall University, Mount St. Joseph University, Western Kentucky University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Kentucky
Interviews: Bellarmine University (11/3) Chatham University (11/11) Mount St. Joseph University (11/17) Marshall University (1/4) Western Kentucky University (2/9)
Acceptances: Chatham University (11/22) Mount St. Joseph University (11/28) Youngstown State University (12/6)
Hold: Bellarmine University (11/10)

Last edited:
Update: Acceptance!

Extra-curriculars: Intramural Tennis, Gardening Club, Sorority, Hospital Volunteering
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List, President's List, Sorority Academic Award, Economics Honor Society, Academic Honor Society
Observation Hours: 170 total; 102 inpatient geriatric, 68 outpatient orthopedic and pediatric

Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5), University of South Carolina (12/6), Marymount (12/6)
Rejections:

Last edited:
**ACCEPTANCE UPDATE!!!**

University:
Penn State University

Interviews:
Acceptances: MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (12/6)
Rejections:
TBD

Last edited:
Update: First acceptance!

Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5)
Rejections:
Congrats on your acceptance!
I will also be attending to the interview session on December 8th at UNE.
I'm flying from Orlando FL.

When did you submit? I applied to South Carolina too and have been checking my email like crazy this week, but I still haven't heard anything
I submitted Oct. 18. I just got the email today, so I think they're just starting to send out decisions.

Acceptance update already!

Acceptances: Radford (11/21), Marymount (12/6)

Update***:rofl:

University: University of Florida
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.95
Pre-Req GPA: 3.92
GRE: 160 V/ 160 Q/ 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Senior Research Assistant, English Learning Institute Mentor, FIHT Club Member, Intramural Captain, Youth Flag Football Coach

Volunteer: UF Health Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration, American Cancer Society Hope Lodge

Observation: 144 Hours (Orthopedic, neurological, and acute care)

Applied:University of Florida, University of Central Florida, University of South Florida, University of North Florida, Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill, Emory University, University of South Alabama

Acceptances: Duke University, University of North Florida

Rejections:

Interviews: University of North Florida, University of Central Florida, Emory University (1/12)

University: Wake Forest University
Major: Health and Exercise Science (with Psychology minor)
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.50 depending on the program
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0AW

Extra-Curricular:
varsity cheerleader (freshman and sophomore year), tour guide all four years, annual committee member for dance marathon for cancer research, various leadership positions within sorority, worked as a PT tech over the summer

Honors: HES Honors student (includes being a research assistant for a clinical research study and writing an honors thesis), Dean's List 3 out of the past 6 semesters with 2 being both semesters of Junior year

Observation: 260 hours (190 outpatient orthopedics, 70 SNF/Extended-care facility)

Letters of Recommendation:
HES professor/academic advisor/HES Honors advisor, HES professor/HES Honors advisor, PT (from outpatient orthopedics), PTA (from outpatient orthopedics)

Applying to:
VCU, Radford, ODU, Lynchburg, Duke, Elon, High Point, USC, MUSC, Belmont, Emory, Mercer

Accepted: High Point (11/15), Radford (11/21)
Waitlisted: MUSC (12/12)
Rejected: N/A
Interviews: High Point (10/27), Radford (11/17), Emory (1/12), Elon (3/2)

Last edited:
*UPDATED*

Undergrad: California Baptist University
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q145 V149 AW4.5
Hours: Around 600 hours in both inpatient/outpatient
Co-Curricular: Played collegiate volleyball for CBU

Accepted: Western University, Loma Linda University (school I have chosen to attend)
Waitlisted:
USF
Rejected: CSUN, Samuel Merrit
Interviews: Loma Linda (completed), Western Univ. (completed), Gannon Univ. (completed), Univ. of Pacific (1/26/18)

Last edited:
University: University of South Florida
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 159V, 158Q, 5.0W

Extra-Curric: Honors College, Treasurer of Rotaract, Secretary of Future Physical Therapists Organization, radio show host, Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement board member, (and more but these are the highlights)

Volunteer: 75 inpatient neuro, 40 inpatient acute care, 30 outpatient ortho, 55 outpatient pelvic floor (women's health), 15 outpatient peds

Applied To: USF, UNF, UF, UCF, and Duke

Acceptances: UNF

Rejections: n/a

Interviews: UCF and UNF (both completed)

Undergrad: FIU
Major: Recreational Therapy
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91 (4.0 upper division)
GRE Scores: Q156 V164 AW4.5
Hours: 55 outpatient neuro, 45 outpatient ortho/sports, 50 pediatric, 30 acute
Additional/Work: 1 year working as a certified rec therapist, 560-hour inpatient rehab RT internship, 10+ years in real estate sales
Honors: summa cum laude (FIU), dean's list
LOR: 2 PTs, 2 professors in major

Applying to:
FIU, UM, UCF, USF, UF
Acceptances: FIU (12/1)
Interviews: UCF (11/17), FIU (11/28)

Accepted: Western Univ.
Rejected:
Interviews: Loma Linda (completed), Western Univ. (completed), Gannon Univ. (completed), Univ. of Pacific (1/26/18)

I know Western U doesn't do Early Decision, but they do rolling admissions, correct? Is that how you heard back from them so early? I have to complete an academic update for them after Fall semester grades are submitted, but I haven't heard anything else from them.

Acceptance Update:

Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-Req GPA: 3.45 (2 pre-reqs in progress)
GRE: 159V 158Q 4.0W

Extra-Curric: 1 varsity year track/xc, track and field club, Exercise Science Club, Southeast ACSM presenter 2017, Journal publication

Observation Hours:
  • 52 outpatient clinic
  • 29 outpatient rehab hospital
  • 10 inpatient acute care hospital
  • 11 inpatient SNF
Volunteer: Habitat for Humanity, school health services

Applying to: Augusta University, Armstrong State University, Mercer University, Wingate University

Acceptances: Wingate (11/1), Augusta (12/6)

Rejections:

Interviews: Mercer 11/18, Augusta 10/27

Accepted: Western Univ.
Rejected:
I have an interview at UOP as well. Have you heard anything about their interview process?

I know Western U doesn't do Early Decision, but they do rolling admissions, correct? Is that how you heard back from them so early? I have to complete an academic update for them after Fall semester grades are submitted, but I haven't heard anything else from them.

Yeah they have rolling admissions. When I received an interview email from Western U, I was given 3 dates (one in November, two in January) to conduct my interview. I chose to go in November so I could know earlier if I would get accepted or not.

I have an interview at UOP as well. Have you heard anything about their interview process?

I haven't heard much about UOP's interview process. However I am really intrigued by their program knowing that they have a 25 month curriculum. Are you interviewing in January as well?

I haven't heard much about UOP's interview process. However I am really intrigued by their program knowing that they have a 25 month curriculum. Are you interviewing in January as well?
I am. I have seen some information on the process on different forums but not in very much detail so we will see how it goes!

Yeah they have rolling admissions. When I received an interview email from Western U, I was given 3 dates (one in November, two in January) to conduct my interview. I chose to go in November so I could know earlier if I would get accepted or not.
Thanks for the reply! I’m still waiting to here back from them, but I applied in early September, but have a class still in progress. Hoping to fly out there in January!

Undergrad: The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
Major:
Biology
GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: Q-152, V-152
Hours: 60 inpatient; 20 outpatient
Extracirriculars: Member of SGA, Student-Athlete, Executive Board member of sorority, Student Athlete Board member, Student Athlete Mentor Captain, published author in Skin and Allergy News Medical Journal, TA for a biology lab
LOR- 1 from PT, 1 from a science professor, 1 from my coach, 1 from Athletic Director

Applied: Bellarmine University, South College, University of South Carolina, High Point University, Shenandoah University
Interview: Bellarmine University(11/3), South College(online; at my discretion), High Point University(11/10), Shenandoah University (12/14)
Accepted: Bellarmine University (11/10), South College
Waitlisted: N/A

Overall GPA: 3.5 - Last 80 hrs 3.96
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0W

Extra-Curric: Small business owner, Pre-PT mentoring, ES club, Rugby Club, AGON Health sciences honorary, unrelated work experience

Observation Hours:
  • 60 outpatient clinic
  • 70 outpatient private practice
  • 60 inpatient acute care hospital
  • 60 inpatient SNF
Volunteer: Southwest General Hospital volunteer

Applied: OSU, OU, CSU, Pitt, Cinci, UM, USF, UCF, UF

Interviews: OU, UCF
Waitlisted: CSU

Acceptances: OSU (12/6), OU (12/11)

Last edited:
Undergrad: The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
Major:
Biology
GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: Q-152, V-152
Hours: 60 inpatient; 20 outpatient
Extracirriculars: Member of SGA, Student-Athlete, Executive Board member of sorority, Student Athlete Board member, Student Athlete Mentor Captain, published author in Skin and Allergy News Medical Journal, TA for a biology lab
LOR- 1 from PT, 1 from a science professor, 1 from my coach, 1 from Athletic Director

Applied: Bellarmine University, South College, University of South Carolina, High Point University, Shenandoah University
Interview: Bellarmine University(11/3), South College(online; at my discretion), High Point University(11/10), Shenandoah University (12/14)
Accepted: Bellarmine University (11/10), South College
Waitlisted: N/A
When did you interview at South College and when did you hear back? They originally said 30 days and I interviewed 11/2. I followed up after 30 days and they said their admissions process was going slower than expected.

Overall GPA: 3.5 - Last 80 hrs 3.96
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0W

Extra-Curric: Small business owner, Pre-PT mentoring, ES club, Rugby Club, AGON Health sciences honorary, unrelated work experience

Observation Hours:
  • 60 outpatient clinic
  • 70 outpatient private practice
  • 60 inpatient acute care hospital
  • 60 inpatient SNF
Volunteer: Southwest General Hospital volunteer

Applied: OSU, OU, CSU, Pitt, Cinci, UM, USF, UCF, UF

Interviews: OU, UCF
Waitlisted: CSU

Acceptances: OSU (12/6)

Hear from Cincy?