GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an acceptance letter and invited to the info session on Saturday December 1st.
will u be going to the info session on dec. 1st.? i just got an invite to an info session and will be going to the dec. 1st one!

Members don't see this ad.

What was your interview process like? I have mine next Friday(12/7) and could use any advice. Thanks!

It was really laid back and they make you feel really comfortable. It started out with an orientation and a lot of people came and spoke about the admissions process, the school, finances, etc and a Q and A with current students. Then we took a tour of the school in groups and then at around 1230 when the tour was over i had my interview with one other candidate that lasted about 30 min (so 2 interviewees with one professor). She had a packet of questions and she asked us both the same exact questions except for the last one. They were pretty straight forward, tell me about yourself, why PT school, why this school, etc. The last question was a scenario and we had different ones we had to answer. Mine was about a clinical where you are a student and your CI yells at you from across the room, and the other guy had a question about cheating. Scenarios are kinda hard to prepare for as they had a long list of them but if you need to, take a second to breathe and think before you answer. They are really kind throughout the process and are very welcoming. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Has anyone heard from Pitt or CSU yet?

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.9
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155 V, 151 Q, 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: lab assistant for Biomehanics, Applied Anatomy, and an open lab; cardiac rehab internship; Switzerland study abroad; ACSM volunteer, professional ballet dancer prior to starting school

Volunteer: PT Aide @ pediatric outpatient, pediatric inpatient, adult inpatient, sports outpatient, dance physical therapy outpatient

Applied: Pitt, Chatham, Slippery Rock, CSU Long Beach

Acceptances: Chatham (11/21)

Rejections:

Interviews: Chatham (11/3)

Hi all! Has anyone heard from Pitt or CSU yet?

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.9
GRE: 155 V, 151 Q, 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: lab assistant for Biomehanics, Applied Anatomy, and an open lab; cardiac rehab internship; Switzerland study abroad; ACSM volunteer, professional ballet dancer prior to starting school

Volunteer: PT Aide @ pediatric outpatient, pediatric inpatient, adult inpatient, sports outpatient, dance physical therapy outpatient

Applied: Pitt, Chatham, Slippery Rock, CSU Long Beach

Acceptances: Chatham (11/21)

Rejections:

Interviews: Chatham (11/3)
CSU sent out their first offers and waitlists. Pitt is rolling admissions.

First acceptance!!!

Undergraduate: University of Alabama
Major: Biology
Minor: Art
Overall GPA: 3.52
GRE Scores: Q158, V162, AW4.0

Volunteer Hours: 185; mix of inpatient, outpatient (mix of neuro, ortho, peds)
LOR: 2 PT and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: Tri-beta social media coordinator, AED, Pre PT society, ER volunteer, Dean's list (3 semesters)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, UCF, UF, UNF, Army Baylor
Interviews: UCF (12/13), UNF (declined), FGCU (declined)
Rejections: Army Baylor
Acceptances: UCF
Will be attending: UCF!!!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE :)

University: UCSD
Major: Human Development
Undergrad GPA: 3.01
Post Bacc: 3.4
Overall GPA: 3.21
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4
GRE: 149V, 148Q, 5.0AW
LORs: 2 Outpatient PTs [1 is a supervisor, 1 has 30+ years experience], 1 Professor [Physics]

Extra-Curric: Pre-PT club, Kaibigang Pilipino, Hospice Volunteer

Work: Activity Assistant at Nursing Home, Outpatient Physical therapy aide, Acute Rehab Tech, Behavioral Technician

Observation: Acute Rehab (190 Hrs), Outpatient PT Department (1800+ Hours), Pediatric Outpatient (40), Adult Day Health Center PT (70 Hours),

Applied/Applying: CSU Northridge, Chapman, Murphy Deming, AT Still, University of Mary, University of Pacific, Franklin Pierce Arizona, Wheeling Jesuit, University of St. Augustine - San Marcos, Emory & Henry, Regis, Northern Arizona,

Interviews:
University of Mary [10/24], Wheeling Jesuit [Phone Interview-11/9], University of St. Augustine (Fall/Residential) - San Marcos [12/13], Emory & Henry [1/12]

Acceptances:
Waitlist:
Northern Arizona (waitlist to interview), University of Mary [10/24]
Rejections: Franklin Pierce (Arizona), Wheeling Jesuit [11/19]

Got another interview invite!!! :soexcited:

Got another interview invite!!! :soexcited:
Congratulations on the invite! Did you get the invite for emory and Henry today? I applied a little while ago and still haven’t heard anything ;(. Also, from the time your advisor at st Augustine San Marcos submitted your application, how long did it take for an interview? Chelsea sent me an email yesterday saying it has been submitted to admissions so I just want an estimated time
When I should be expecting to hear back!! Thank you!!

Congratulations on the invite! Did you get the invite for emory and Henry today? I applied a little while ago and still haven’t heard anything ;(. Also, from the time your advisor at st Augustine San Marcos submitted your application, how long did it take for an interview? Chelsea sent me an email yesterday saying it has been submitted to admissions so I just want an estimated time
After two months, Chelsea finally forwarded my application to be reviewed just today... more waiting.... :/
Did you apply to residential or flex program?

Thank you! I got the email from Emory and Henry last night and submitted in early October.

For st Augustine, my app was submitted for review by Chelsea on October 17. I heard back for an interview on November 16. If you don’t get an interview invite for the upcoming one I saw from last year that they do another one around February.

Oh okay thanks! So since you have to let wingate know if you’re accepting their offer within 30 days I think it is, but you still want to see if you got into other schools who you might not have heard from yet, how do you plan to go about that? That’s the thing if I get into wingate since they don’t have interviews, other schools will most likely take a lot longer to get back to me and I don’t want to deny their offer (if I get one) and then not get into any of the other schools I’ve applied to! I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately haha

Does Wingate not hold interviews? I see how people have been accepted without one but the PTCAS website says they do do interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
After two months, Chelsea finally forwarded my application to be reviewed just today... more waiting.... :/
Did you apply to residential or flex program?
I applied for the residential program! How about you?

Undergrad: Stephen F. Austin State University
Major: Kinesiology, Fitness and Human Performance
Overall GPA: 3.86 (this semester and spring still TBA but not expected to drop)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: V 158, Q 156, AW 5.0
LOR: 3 PT's, 1 Department Head at hospital (All related to number one choice school)
Observation Hours: 75 outpatient (private clinic, orthopedic, pediatric) 25.5 inpatient (acute care hospital, neurology, orthopedic, geriatric)
EC: 5 years of collegiate dance team experience, Leadership in Dance Team, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Student Nurses Association
Work/Volunteer: ~4 Years Volunteering at UT Medical School, Volunteer at UTMB, Internship at a Neurology Clinic, Working as a CNA on an inpatient hospital floor
(Before I decided to pursue Physical Therapy, I was a nursing major and completed a semester of nursing school. I changed my major (on good terms and grades), but have not had as much time as I'd have liked to obtain hours and experience)

Applied: UTMB Galveston, UTHSC San Antonio, UNTHSC Ft. Worth (a month later than other applications)
Interview: UTMB Galveston (12/7), UTHSCSA (12/8)
Rejection: UNTHSC Ft. Worth (about a week after application)

I'm very nervous for next weekend so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Undergrad: Stephen F. Austin State University
Major: Kinesiology, Fitness and Human Performance
Overall GPA: 3.86 (this semester and spring still TBA but not expected to drop)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: V 158, Q 156, AW 5.0
LOR: 3 PT's, 1 Department Head at hospital (All related to number one choice school)
Observation Hours: 75 outpatient (private clinic, orthopedic, pediatric) 25.5 inpatient (acute care hospital, neurology, orthopedic, geriatric)
EC: 5 years of collegiate dance team experience, Leadership in Dance Team, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Student Nurses Association
Work/Volunteer: ~4 Years Volunteering at UT Medical School, Volunteer at UTMB, Internship at a Neurology Clinic, Working as a CNA on an inpatient hospital floor
(Before I decided to pursue Physical Therapy, I was a nursing major and completed a semester of nursing school. I changed my major (on good terms and grades), but have not had as much time as I'd have liked to obtain hours and experience)

Applied: UTMB Galveston, UTHSC San Antonio, UNTHSC Ft. Worth (a month later than other applications)
Interview: UTMB Galveston (12/7), UTHSCSA (12/8)
Rejection: UNTHSC Ft. Worth (about a week after application)

I'm very nervous for next weekend so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Im from SFA too and applied this cycle. PM me if you have questions.

Update

University: Texas A&M University

Major: Kinesiology; Psychology Minor

Overall: 3.20
Pre-req: 3.25 - 3.4
GRE: 150Q 154V 4.0

Extracurricular: Undergrad PT club VP, Group Leader - The Big Event - Nations Largest Student-lead Community Improvement Event, Volunteer - Special Olympics

Volunteer Hours: Inpatient (28), Outpatient (84)

LOR's: (1) PT (2) Prof's

Employment: Student Library Assistant, Counselor - After School Program.

Applied: Includes UTEP

Interview: St Augustine Austin (9/21/18), Angelo State (11/10), University of Mary(11/19/18 - declined), Marshall University (1/4/18)
Waitlist:
Angelo State (11/27/18)
Denied:
Accepted:
St Augustine Austin Spring 2019 (10/1/18), Southwest Baptist University (11/1/18 declined)

Update

University: Texas A&M University

Major: Kinesiology; Psychology Minor

Overall: 3.20
Pre-req: 3.25 - 3.4
GRE: 150Q 154V 4.0

Extracurricular: Undergrad PT club VP, Group Leader - The Big Event - Nations Largest Student-lead Community Improvement Event, Volunteer - Special Olympics

Volunteer Hours: Inpatient (28), Outpatient (84)

LOR's: (1) PT (2) Prof's

Employment: Student Library Assistant, Counselor - After School Program.

Applied: Includes UTEP

Interview: St Augustine Austin (9/21/18), Angelo State (11/10), University of Mary(11/19/18 - declined), Marshall University (1/4/18)
Waitlist:
Angelo State (11/27/18)
Denied:
Accepted:
St Augustine Austin Spring 2019 (10/1/18), Southwest Baptist University (11/1/18 declined)
When did you hear from Marshall?

When did you hear from Marshall?
Actually, today.

Interviewed there last year. Really liked the school and location was o.k. Will be declining - cost is very near the same as USA.

Has anyone who applied to Touro NYC receive an invite to complete a supplemental application?

Do you know if this is just an added supplement, or an indication that we made it past the first round of cuts?

I’m honestly not sure. I realized I missed a requirement for observation so I’m not exactly sure about it.

Would some people please be able to tell me if they put sports they played in their experiences section of the application? I spoke to PTCAS regarding this, and they said to not put any sports because the options are "paid, academic credit, or volunteer". I get that I could select "extra-curricular" for a soccer team I played for, but when scrolling down, playing for a team is none of paid, volunteer or academic credit. Just hoping to get some feedback, and if people have put in sports, what exactly they selected. Thanks!

Would some people please be able to tell me if they put sports they played in their experiences section of the application? I spoke to PTCAS regarding this, and they said to not put any sports because the options are "paid, academic credit, or volunteer". I get that I could select "extra-curricular" for a soccer team I played for, but when scrolling down, playing for a team is none of paid, volunteer or academic credit. Just hoping to get some feedback, and if people have put in sports, what exactly they selected. Thanks!

You should definitely say that you played collegiate soccer. I ran xc in college and I put it under experiences, extra curricular and I was able to say that I was a student athlete. If you need more advice or instruction on how to do it you can just Pm me

Do you know if this is just an added supplement, or an indication that we made it past the first round of cuts?

Yes I did back in September. I do believe it is some sort of distinction because they say it’s only sent to selected applicants. I emailed Brian the director of admissions and he said they’re “beginning to release decisions but that will continue for quite a few months.” This was as of 11/12.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Update

Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.29
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4 - 3.6ish
GRE: 152 V 151 Q 4.0 W

Extra-Curric: personal trainer, home health aide, physical therapy aide, fundraisers, played rugby, president of powerlifting club, etc etc

1500 hours of paid outpatient, 25 hours of pediatric school setting, and 50 inpatient hospital

Applied to: NYU, LIU, CSI, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Stony Brook, NYIT, Seton Hall, Touro and Marist!

Acceptances: Drexel (11/21)

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson

Waitlisted: NYIT
Interviews: NYIT (10/26), Stony Brook (11/30), Drexel (11/9), CSI (12/3), LIU (12/4)

Long week of interviews dying to hear back from SBU, LIU and CSI!

Hey guys!
Anyone heard anything back from NYU?
Nope. Interviewed back on 11/9. I called Jessica and Alex and he said they send out decisions between two to three weeks after your interview up until the middle of February...

I've been checking my email like 10 times a day. People who interviewed around our dates last year said they heard back between the 5th and 15th mostly so hopefully any time now

UPDATE

School: University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Major:
Kinesiology/Psychology (also received an Associates in Business while attending undergrad)
Undergrad GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 157, 158, 4.5

Applied to: Old Dominion; Radford; Virginia Commonwealth; Murphy Deming (Mary Baldwin); Hampton; Emory & Henry; Shenandoah.

Acceptances: Murphy Deming (11/1), Radford (11/20), Emory & Henry (11/26)
Rejections: n/a
Interview: Murphy Deming (10/26); Emory & Henry (11/17); Radford (11/16); Shenandoah (12/17)
Hey there! How did you hear back from Radford? and did they give you a certain amount of time to put a deposit down?

Hey there! How did you hear back from Radford? and did they give you a certain amount of time to put a deposit down?

In reply to you referring to deposit time windows... Just so all students on this thread know. FOR ALL DPT PROGRAMS, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN UNTIL JANUARY 15TH, 2019. If a school tells you a date before that, it is a lie. Schools are known to do this so it's easier for them to fill their class faster. It is also beneficial to students so that if they receive another offer of acceptance elsewhere, they can choose their options without losing money. Refer to these updated traffic rules updated 2016=2017. Also, if a school does tell you that you are required to pay a deposit before Jan. 15th, 2019 or else they may withdraw your offer of acceptance, you should contact the APTA and tell them what school it is. Some schools have gotten in trouble with this in the past few years thus why these new updated policies were proposed.

https://acapt.org/docs/default-sour...-approved823bdf70d79d6aa08906ff0000592408.pdf

Reactions: 2 users
Will anyone be attending the upcoming interview dates at Governors State in Illinois?

UPDATE. One more interview before I call it quits for them because my top two choices are Rosalind Franklin and Governors State.

Undergrad: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.39~
GRE Scores: Q-149 V-147 AW 4.5
Hours: 50 Outpatient (private clinic), 150 Inpatient (75 acute / 75 rehab setting). Also had about 100 general hospital volunteering hours from about 5 years ago
Other Experience: Certified Personal trainer (NASM-CPT), Undergrad Kinesiology research experience for about 1 year, lead exercise/ stretching classes for elderly through kinesiology dept.
LOR: 1 PT , 2 Professors (1 was the PI of research lab I was in, 1 other prof. Both Kinesiology professors), 1 work supervisor
Applied: Des Moines University, University of Evansville, Wheeling Jesuit University, Chatham University, Rosalind Franklin University, Governors State University, St. Ambrose University
Interviews: Rosalind Franklin University (10/27), Chatham University (11/3), University of Evansville(12/1)(Declined), Wheeling Jesuit (11/16)(Declined), Governors State (12/11)
Acceptances:
Rosalind Franklin University :woot: (10/31),
Rejections:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):highfive::highfive:

University
: Montclair State University
Major: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.579
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.4ish
GRE: 150Q, 148V, 3.5 writing

Extracurriculars/ Experiences:
Loads of volunteering at local religious center, classes at the gym, Children’s Miracle Center, CPR/AED/First Aid Certified

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
200+ hours Inpatient rehab ( aide)
35 hours Inpatient hospital (shadow)
40+ hours Outpatient clinic (aide)
500+ hours Outpatient hospital (volunteer)
40 hours Outpatient clinic (shadow)

Honors: Dean's List

LORs:

2 PT's, 1 Prof, 1 employer/boss

Applied: Stony Brook, Chatham University, NYIT, NYU, U of Maryland-Baltimore, U of New England- Portland, Rutgers North and South, Stockton (NJ), U of Florida, Temple U, U of Delaware, U of Rhode Island

Interviews: Stony Brook (11/30), NYIT (11/9), Chatham (11/3), U of Maryland (10/17), U of New England ( 10/19), Rutgers South (12/6), Rutgers North (10/26), NYU (11/10), U Rhode Island (01/04)

Acceptances: NYU (12/5)-accepted and paid deposit, Stonybrook (12/19)-declined, Rutgers North (12/12)-declined
Rejections: N/A
Waitlisted: U of New England-Portland, NYIT (#7 on WL), University of Maryland-Baltimore

Y'all, I got my dream school! Anyone else that's going to NYU starting Summer 2019, hit me up! #NYUSteinhardtBound

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Nope Still waiting to hear back, I also interviewed on 11/10

Nope. Interviewed back on 11/9. I called Jessica and Alex and he said they send out decisions between two to three weeks after your interview up until the middle of February...

I've been checking my email like 10 times a day. People who interviewed around our dates last year said they heard back between the 5th and 15th mostly so hopefully any time now

Y'all what are the odds. I wrote that post today, and got my acceptance email a few hours later. Good luck to y'all!

Last edited:
Yes I did back in September. I do believe it is some sort of distinction because they say it’s only sent to selected applicants. I emailed Brian the director of admissions and he said they’re “beginning to release decisions but that will continue for quite a few months.” This was as of 11/12.

Thanks alot for the update !

Has anyone been on an interview at Columbia yet? I have mine on 12/14 and would appreciate any input or feedback from those who have applied.

They sent me an email about a week after my interview detailing my acceptance. And then about a week later I received the actual acceptance letter and packet in the mail to my permanent address. They gave me until next week to confirm my acceptance and I think until early January to pay the deposit

They sent me an email about a week after my interview detailing my acceptance. And then about a week later I received the actual acceptance letter and packet in the mail to my permanent address. They gave me until next week to confirm my acceptance and I think until early January to pay the deposit
What happens if you accept but then decide to not go there?

Has anyone been on an interview at Columbia yet? I have mine on 12/14 and would appreciate any input or feedback from those who have applied.

I have mine on 12/14 too! I originally was supposed to have it the week before thanksgiving, but my flight was cancelled.

What happens if you accept but then decide to not go there?

I'm not entirely sure on the logistics but I know it happens a lot each year since acceptances are so spread out. Basically from I can tell you just have to contact the school that you had already accepted at and let them know that you are rescinding your acceptance and that they may fill your seat. However, you won't get the money that you put down for the deposit back. So potentially you could end up losing a lot of money depending on the school and amount of deposits you put down.

Wanted to throw my stats on here, I don't see a ton of fellow Michiganders out there! All apps submitted early-mid August of this year:

University: University of Michigan (attended Saginaw Valley for my first two years, UM for last few)
Major: Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Pre-Requisite GPA: Between 3.5 & 3.6 (depends on school)
GRE: 158V, 160Q, 5.5 AW

Volunteer/Observation/Extracurriculars: 155 outpatient clinics, 20 inpatient, 12 special needs/disability setting. 350+ hours volunteering between muscular dystrophy camps, charity events, youth football camps, etc. Varsity football player at SVSU for two years on scholarship, Academic Excellence Team, Academic Scholar Award, etc.

LOR's: 1 PT (outpatient), 1 prof, 1 academic advisor, 1 volunteer supervisor

Applying to: GVSU, Central Michigan, Oakland, Wayne State, UM-Flint, Duke University
Interviews:
Acceptances:

Hoping for good news soon--good luck to everyone! :)
Update--Accepted to Central Michigan University!

School: University of Texas at Austin
Major:
Kinesiology
Undergrad GPA: 4.0
GRE: 152V, 154Q, 3.5 AW

Observation: 1000+ hours (inpatient and outpatient), neuro, ortho, pediatrics, acute care hospital, etc. 2+ years of working as a PT Aide (two different settings)

Honors: Dean’s list, scholarships

LORs: 3 PTs; 1 professor

Applied to: TX State, UMHB, UTHSCSA
Interview: TX State, UMHB, UTHSCSA (declining)
Acceptances: TX State, UMHB
Rejections: n/a
Going to: TX State